Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Good Place is an American fantasy comedy from the mind of Michael Schur.(Parks and Recreation, Brooklyn 99)

The series is focused on the Afterlife, specifically an afterlife that judges people based on an inane amount of mundane criteria to see who put more good into the world than bad.

If you are one of those rare few who put more good into the world, you go to the Good Place, a pristine utopia where you get to be with your soulmate forever. Those who don't? Well, spoilers, that's what the show is actually about.

The Cast:

Eleanor Shellstrop(Kristen Bell):

Cause of Death: Struck and killed by a tractor-trailer carrying a billboard for erectile dysfunction products.

A thoroughly mediocre person who found herself in the Good Place by accident and doesn't want anyone to find out so she doesn't get sent to the bad place.

Chidi Anagonye(William Jackson Harper):

Cause of Death: Bludgeoned by a falling air conditioner unit in the midst of an indecisive panic attack.

An ethics professor too plagued by insecurity and indecisiveness to ever actually do any good for the world. Was the first person to know Eleanor's secret.

Tahani Al-Jamil(Jameela Jamil):

Cause of Death: Unknown

Her name literally means "Congratulations Beautiful". A wealthy philanthropist who did a lot of good for extremely selfish reasons.

Jianyu/Jason Mendoza(Manny Jacinto):

Cause of Death: Suffocated to death in fake safe while trying to do an elaborately stupid switcharoo.

This stoner wanna be DJ petty thief dIed at the same time a Buddhist Monk achieved Nirvana, thus creating a clerical error that sent him to the good place.

http://i.imgur.com/pFvMs8R.gifv
Michael(Ted Danson):

Initially posing as a Good Place architect, Michael was revealed in the finale to actually be a Bad Place demon who has put these four mediocre souls together in a fake Good Place they think they don't belong to in a grouping he believes will lead to a millenium of primo psychological torture. Once Eleanor figured this out, he wiped their minds and restart from scratch.

Janet(D'Arcy Carden):

A Good Place Celestial AI stolen by Michael. Fell in love with Jianyu before getting reset to factory settings.

Season 2 starts tonight, September 20th with an hour long premiere at 10pm EST on NBC, future episodes will be Thursdays at 8:30EST

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at Sep 20, 2017 around 20:37

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'll update the OP with some better character pictures when I have time but the show is back tonight get excited!!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

That's an extremely pro click.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

fire up the ole penis flattener!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

HAWAIIAN PIZZA

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tahani in a jean jacket.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Jason being forced into a situation where he can never get his budhole filled with stuff is truly the worst place.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

howe_sam posted:

They're going to go back and pretend they don't know the truth aren't they?

They are doing something better.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

fill it to the BRIM with cocaine.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Team Cockroach 4 lyfe.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

raditts posted:

My feed cut out in the middle of the tahani flashback and came back right after it ended
Now I have to wait for it to go up on the site to see it! Just further proof that I am in the bad place.

Damnit all he forking figured it out. Well 16 years was a good run, time to hit the reset button on this poster.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Michael's wail as he faces his own mortality. hachi machi

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ted Danson going full James Woods scumbag.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It's chinese for Japan.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

THE BOOTS

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

but I said my bad?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

IT'S PIKACHU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope yours has a better mystery flavor.

I love that she double dips.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Schur is on record as saying that while there may be a few small twists here and there(i.e. janet malfunctioning, michael torturing on the sly) the big huge end season twists arent something that should be expected every year. I'm happy he feels this way because if the whole show was predicated on trying to figure out what the next big reveal is it would never actually go anywhere. This season addressed that issue by compressing a bunch of micro seasons in a few episodes but I'd like some forward momentum for a bit longer than s1 did now that we know whats really going on.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Boywhiz88 posted:

I hate musicals but the first season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is great! Still need to watch the 2nd.

2nd season is good but is very much a transition period for s3 which is straight up amazing.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Pretty much a perfect way to end the Derek and Mindy character arcs.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at Jan 5, 2018 around 02:02

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

We're going to the real Bad Place!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The_Doctor posted:

Yes, all part of the Pattern.

As I suspected, air tight.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

JOOOOOOOOOOOOORTLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Holy poo poo that ending.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

There's the Cheers callback I've been waiting for.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I clapped at that ending.

Here we go!!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why isn't Chidi speaking in French?

He was a teacher in south Africa, his native tongue is French but he definitely woulda had to learn English at some point.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

My favorite visual gag is when it cuts to michael looking at eleanor's weird textograph thing and theres just a HUGE pile of em coming out of chidi's machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Whoever wants to make a thread for the new season can feel free to. I've got an insanely busy day today and don't have time. I prob wont even get to see the episode live

• Locked thread