Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
Why oh why couldn't this show have episode previews? I'm hungering for the next episode like Mindy is jonesing for Cocaine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Yeah, this wasn't a terribly funny episode, felt like just a big fat exposition dump, but kind of necessary to move the story to the next phase. A necessary evil, if you will. I'm ok with it, even though I'm a little, just slightly, disappointed.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It's still possible Michael was just doing this to save himself. The most likely people to rat on him were Vicky and the humans, now Vicky is discredited and the humans think he's on their side.

If this is true, Michael expressing so much relief when he saw that they were under the train would have to be just an act to continue to convince them that they're on his side. It's possible, but it seems more likely that the process of having to save himself is helping to give him an understanding of how selflessness can become an essential part of one's character.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

We've only seen bad Janets and good Janet. Perhaps by spending a lot of time with Mindy St Claire, Derek will continue to grow and become more "with it" but in a neutral way, becoming something like a "medium" Janet.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Eh, it seems to me that the show will end with the bad place having fundamentally transformed.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Does taunting bad place administrators seem in character to you for people who run the good place? Does that seem like the sort of thing they would get any pleasure from?

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

double nine posted:

Michael's so intrigued by humanity that he definitely named himself "Michael".

I mean, historically speaking, it's a name which comes from the Angelic realm:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quis_ut_Deus%3F

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

When does the episode go online for streaming? Normally I watch the episode the next day on hulu but it doesn't seem to be available there...

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Afterlife was great, but iirc it was really, really really hard. Really good art direction too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

I knew someone like Chidi in terms of their ability to make decisions quickly. It's absolutely infuriating, specially when you're out to dinner with them. Place that only sells like 5 things and the server comes over? Everyone else can make a snap choice, but when you get to them it's "Ohh, uhhh, uhhhhh oh god I only read through them once. Ummmm. No, no I'm not ready, oh you'll come back? Thanks" and then since we didn't have our poo poo together the server comes back like 10 min later because the place is busy as hell and then the dude still takes another few min to get his order out of his mouth and then seems worried he ordered the "wrong" thing the entire wait.

They were also vegan but would never ask "oh is X vegan?" they'd instead ask a million individual ingredient questions. "Does the bun have an egg glaze?" "Is there mayo in the sauce?" and so on, then send the food back if it had some non-vegan ingredient they forgot to ask about.

:sever:

• Locked thread