Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kegslayer posted:

Do good deeds to be rewarded with never ending shrimp in eternity?

I'd rather have unlimited Hawaiian pizza, honestly.

WampaLord posted:

He explicitly says none of the TVs there get Red Zone channel, and that's how it figures out it's the Bad Place that one time.

Sounds like the Good Place to me...

Mechanical Ape posted:

Fish tacos are a perfect example of making a good thing a little bit worse so you can have more of it.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
We are all in the Bad Place.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Davros1 posted:

The Sklar Brothers had a bit about their idea for a Pepsi commerical.

It would be shot in a restaurant, with the waitress looking directly at the camera, and she'd say "No we don't. Pepsi okay?"

I will take a Pepsi product, such as The Dew or The Mist, over the vile pap that is Pepsi-cola.

WampaLord posted:

You monster, the Red Zone channel is humanity's greatest invention.

A show which delivers as many brain injuries it can, as quickly as it can, belongs in the Good Place?

Think about your life choices, forums poster WampaLord, and the pleasure you derive from other's pain.

I'm not even gonna touch the pizzatalk, we can let that simmer indefinitely.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

Good Place: Chili dog with onion, jalapenos, cheese
Medium Place: Oscar Meyer hot dog with ketchup and mustard
Bad Place: plain corn dog

What are the redeeming qualities to that Medium Place dog? That has got to me some mustard.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Steve2911 posted:

The Good and Medium place would have proper sausage hot dogs, not a weiner/wurst.

"Proper sausage hot dog."

What planet are you from?

esperterra posted:

That medium place dog would be perfect if there were no ketchup on it.

Yeah, the ketchup is definitely a Bad Place thing. Which is why the Oscar Mayer wiener and mustard don't fit, they're Medium on their own.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Steve2911 posted:

The planet with good sausage.

You keep calling hotdogs "sausage."

You are a Pod Person.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Vienna brand sausages (NOT to be confused with canned Armour "vienna sausages") are the best hot dogs I've ever had, but for some reason are extremely difficult to find outside the Chicago area. I had a box ordered on dry ice once and it was worth every penny.

They were founded in Chicago after being served by the company founders as street vendor food at the Columbian Exposition. Chicago is the Home of Hotdogs (because of all the meat packing factories and central rail location) and all of you naughty people out there covering up your bad hotdog tastes (from inferior byproducts) with ketchup are going to the Bad Place.

Yes. That's the "thing" Chicagoans have about ketchup. It disguises bad tastes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Calling a hotdog a "sausage": -9000 points

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same, I don't understand why Vienna don't sell nationwide.

pwn posted:

I picked up a pack of Nathan’s og casing dogs the other day and saw the Vienna sausages there, and dismissed them as the same people who make the lovely tinned things. I’ll check em out next time I go

Maybe that's the reason. Armour has sullied the brand.

The_Doctor posted:

Are you for or against Eleanor’s shrimp machine?

If it is a thing designed to make specifically her happy, I'm all for it. Personally, animals without spines wig me the gently caress out but I don't want to yuck anyone's yum unless it directly relates to Chicago food traditions. ;)

tarlibone posted:

What about calling a hotdog a sandwich?

Wait... what about calling a hotdog a sausage sandwich??

Hold on... what about hearing someone end a sentence with the word "hotdog" and then saying, out loud, "... but you'd better not try to hurt her, Frank-Furter!"

I mean, you can, but it's weird.

The_Doctor posted:

Do not try the mystery flavour.

What if the Mystery Flavor is Ham And Pineapple?

:aaaaa:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

hangedman1984 posted:

Just as long as its not on a pizza :colbert:

What if there are tiny little Hawaiian pizzas in the sauce.

What if there is no such thing as an up quark and a down quark, only pineapple quarks and ham quarks?

What if this is one of the 92% of things Doug Forcett got right.

Phenotype posted:

Like, a sub/hoagie is definitely a sandwich, right? A hotdog bun is pretty much the same thing as a hoagie bun, only smaller, and then you put the same kinda stuff inside -- meat, veggies, condiments. The only difference is that you eat a hotdog with the slit in the bun facing up instead of to the side. If a hotdog isn't a sandwich, I don't think you can call a sub a sandwich either.

That is for Philly and the surrounding countryside to determine. Or wherever it is that says "hoagie" or "grinder." We must defer to them in this matter.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, it is. Only the current season, however.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CPColin posted:

The latter, so we don't have an extra excuse to hear about how much people don't like Jason Mantzoukas.

About that.

I've got OPINIONS. About JASON MANTZOUKAS.

You're gonna HEAR THEM.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

There Bias Two posted:

Wait, who the gently caress is Blake bortles?

I think, from context clues, he is an Atlanta Jaguar.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe she doesn't feel like talking about that right now, for Eleanor Reasons, not Romcom Reasons.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't be totally surprised if they had at least one Church Lady up there.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"Good" actions promote humankind, togetherness, and unity.

"Bad" actions do not.

This allows for "good" people to go to the Good Place, and vice versa.

I think I need some more mushrooms.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

i am the bird posted:

Maybe Ted Danson convinced his buddy Larry David to come play a judge.

The points system, after all, is pretty, pretty, pretty Davidian.

I would actually poo poo myself if this were the case.

EDIT: poo poo myself with glee, OBVIOUSLY.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
All of these suggestions are all so good in various ways!

I can't decide.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

fruit on the bottom posted:

I think the flow of time is completely unrelated to the flow of time on earth and souls just sort of arrive whenever.

Yes, I think the Good and Bad Places exist outside of linear time.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Aerox posted:

I dunno, it seems obvious to me that Jason said something stupid. The Judge is going to come out, and then the test or trial or whatever is going to somehow involve the burrito which is why it's in the ep name. That scene didn't scream "The Judge is a living burrito" to me at all.

Besides, is an actual burrito really who Darcy Carden would love to act with the most?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry, double post, can't seem to delete.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

An Ounce of Gold posted:

What if the donkey was equidistant from the hay, the water AND a burrito?

A good burrito has at least some moisture, so burrito first, then water if the donkey was still thirsty.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I’ve never been a fan of the person that played the judge, but I can admit they did a good job. I wish it would have been someone shocking like Steve Carell, Jim O'Heir, Alia Shawkat, Ken Joeng...

Paul F. Tompkins has got to be on this show at some point. I mean... come on.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's a Bad Janet. This way they can have one of each if they go Someplace Else.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I never saw the movie

I did but I have forgotten most of it apparently. Mrs. Goldberg and Kimmy Schmidt? Sign me up!

I would have poo poo myself if Mrs. Goldberg was the Judge. Everyone would have been ultra-damned, but it would have been funny.

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve never seen Bridesmaids, and that clip posted up there ensured I never would.

It's like an all-female The Hangover. Some parts are more memorable/funny than others... I think. I may have been drinking.

Maybe it's time for a rewatch.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm fairly sure the show views these characters flaws as serious issues. It's not sympathetic to Chidi having an anxiety disorder, it's making a joke of it and arguing he's a bad person because of it.

Allowing oneself to use a disability as an excuse doesn't make one a good person.

I think that people may be projecting a little.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

my job irl is working with people who have disabilities (including severe/persistent mental illness). i typed out 2 paragraphs to try and explain how disability works, but then i deleted them. i deleted then because i remembered that everyone i have ever talked to who has said people with disabilities "use it as an excuse" has turned out to be either (a) a raging bigot in five additional categories, or (b) someone who admits to harassing strangers in public, because they saw someone who "didn't look disabled" who had parked in an accessible parking spot or who had a service animal with them

There Bias Two posted:

Yeah shame on that paraplegic using the elevator. He had better drag himself up the stairs with his hands or that is a serious moral failing on his part.

Like I said previously, I think some people are projecting.

I'm not insinuating any of those things.

Please stop doing that now.

Anyway,

Disgusting Coward posted:

Posting Whatever The gently caress That Was In The Thread About A Wacky Knockaround Comedy Romp: -367.8

Describing Something As "A Wacky Knockaround Comedy Romp": -8000

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Snooze Cruise posted:

So which hat was the right choice?

The right choice was to make a choice, and not take 82 minutes to do so.

Both hats are equally problematic in terms of the labor and materials used in construction.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Snooze Cruise posted:

OK, but really which hat is the right choice?

The other one.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tiggum posted:

I have never in my life seen a single episode of SNL. I'm only vaguely aware of what it even is. A topical sketch show? I don't think it's ever been on Australian TV and all I ever hear people say about it is that it "used to be funny".

Yes, and it's live on (some) Saturday nights.

People who say a show "used to be funny" also sometimes yell at kids to get off their lawn, and also have stories about, when they were your age, walking uphill both ways in the snow to, I don't know, play with a hoop and stick or a cup and ball. Music has also remained bad since just after the time they went to college/university or thereabouts.

Are they that out of touch?

No. No, it's the children who are wrong.

Maya Rudolph is good in everything I've seen her in, and I'll be honest, I forgot about the pants making GBS threads scene posted earlier, like I apparently forgot the rest of the movie.

Strawman posted:

Are you saying you didn't want Jason Donovan or Carl from Neighbours to be the judge? This whole thing is disappointing :colbert:

Who are they they sound nice.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Everything is busted so they tear down the whole system and create a new good place that looks exactly like an ancient earth. As they go forward to begin paradise anew, Janet, who along with Michael now seem to be unnoticed by the rest of the cast, cryptically says to him that “All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.”

End

Just as good the second time around.

:colbert:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Yea I really don't buy into that nonsense, a good twist is still something to be appreciated. I was still pissed off when the title of FYAD spoiled Episode 7 for me.

How is there global warming if there's still snow, huh?

Seriously though spoilers are The Most First World Problem and while I won't try to ruin anyone's day with them because I try not to be a jerk, they're really not a big deal.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

howe_sam posted:

Fred Rogers :colbert:

Correct.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

-5,000,000 points

Edit: For reference:

Comic Sans is just a font, though, and nobody sane gives a poo poo about those.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Doctor will go to the same place that all the characters from MLP, Stephen Universe, and Rick and Morty go to.

T-t-there's no *burp* there's n-n-n-no place you go a-after you die, fruit on the bottom. You're dead, f-f-fruit on the bottom. You're dead.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

Losing your poo poo and writing three paragraphs defending your dr who/good place crossover fanfic against a joke: -83458945987345

Positing that insignificant things peeve you get you negative points: -85738584.774

Posting about posting that negative things that peeve you get negative points:-5747839385858848448532

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lester Shy posted:

Is Brooklyn 99 worth checking out if I loved this show? I liked the first few seasons of Parks and Rec but started to find the characters really exhausting by the end.

It's got strong characters. If you don't like them to begin with, you won't like the show.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That beautiful giraffe doesn't care if you're short, my man (lady? Whatevs.)

I mean, probably.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Not all dogs go to the Good Place.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

Twist: He hosts in character.
Double twist: In character as Kevin Cozner from Brooklyn 99.

He's... from Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Onus.

• Locked thread