Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/956635672437170176
In response to a question about how time works in The Bad Place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Janet, noooooooooo

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Chidi's test was the biggest laugh so far for me.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

Ok, but which hat was the right hat?

His right or our right?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Burn this poo poo down Michael.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Dang it, I want to see what Jason is doing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ted Danson behind a bar :siren:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why isn't Chidi speaking in French?

Because he teaches in Australia

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

swickles posted:

Are you Chidi..Anna...Kendrick?

Also, what did Michael and Janet say when he walked back in the room after being a bartender?

Did anyone notice I was gone?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Because there is just zero way that Chidi managed to put out a concise lesson in ethics in which he doesn't contradict himself if he's back on Real Earth, and some of those related videos I saw were, like Utilitarianism in 5 Minutes.

It was a 3 hour lecture, I wouldn't exactly call that concise.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Then call me Grog cause I was surprised

:same:
I wouldn't say I entirely turn off my brain when I'm watching stuff, but if it's a show I like i don't try to think ahead too much.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

hanales posted:

E: thinking about it I cannot think of any tv characters that would make it. Not even from cartoons. Obviously that’s kind of the point but it’s an interesting exercise.

Fred Rogers :colbert:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Nah, the Doctor has killed people. He’s amazing, but he’s no saint.

She's basically immortal at this point so it doesn't really matter.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mike Schur answers all of your questions about the show's second season, and even a few about what's to come next season. Good interview, highly recommend reading it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jameela Jamil is an absolute delight :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

D'Arcy Carden and Megan Amram on today's The Good Place: The Podcast. It's as excellent as you might think.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Season 2 gag reel. Come for Jamila Jamil's delightfully British swearing, stay for the sick dance moves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3eFAqemAkQ

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I'm D'arcy lifting Marc by the throat and doing lines from A New Hope.

The face she makes after delivering that line sold the bit

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

And this week's episode with Jen Statsky and Sabine Wren Tiya Sircar was real good too. I can't even imagine the show with Sircar playing Tahani.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I am irrationally curious who they're getting to be the guest for the last episode of season 1. It almost has to be Schur.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

NowonSA posted:

Schur's who I'd want on the most probably, bring it back full circle and maybe get a few more tidbits on the twist, though that's been pretty thoroughly dissected there might be one more little wrinkle.

Also, whenever Schur is a podcast guest, there's a solid chance he'll go on a forty minute diatribe about the Yankees, and I'm always there for that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Super fun podcast today. I love that the VFX supervisor is named Niednagel, that he majored in Econ, and uses his kids to film pre-vis type stuff for the show. There's a bunch of good discussion about how the show's visual effects get made. Also Maribeth Monroe and Marc Evan Jackson are old friends so they get along like gangbusters.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

swickles posted:

Is it near the end? I am like 75% through it and don't remember that and am worried I zoned out.

m&m chat takes place during the one last meaningless thing what's good segment. The history of Ken Tremendous came a little before that. I suppose his love of Thomas Pynchon also helps explain the name Fremulon, since that also sounds like something out of a Pynchon book.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

And it's so so good. As is the origin story of "Ya Basic"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CPColin posted:

Today's podcast episode misses an f-bomb :ohdear:

Was it the moral philosophy professor who dropped the f-bomb?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

D'Arcy Carden, horny for stunts.

Also they played the most :unsmith: scene in the series. Michael admitting Janet is his oldest and truest friend gets me every time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mantzoukas Manzoukased the shirt out of the podcast today. Learning that a) Derek's dialogue was run through two layers of Google Translate, and b) that Maximum Derek was an on the day improv felt just right. I also was not expecting the shout out to Binge Mode in the what's good.

Senor Tron posted:

Nick Offerman voices the ad in the most recent episode, I really hope this means he is part of season 3.

That ad was hilarious.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Megan didn't win an Emmy for An Emmy For Megan :(

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Klungar posted:

MEJ and Mike Schur going off on an extensive swearing tear :allears:

Holy gently caress that was amazing. And the story Schur told about his daughter and Kristen Bell :kimchi:

E: and if you need more Ken Tremendous content, he and the showrunner of This is Us were on today's episode of the Bill Simmons podcast talking about everything. It was a good conversation.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Giga Pet giveaway posted:

Are there other podcasts like this? I don't know enough about them to know if this one is uniquely engaging or if it's just because it's subject matter I love and people I love.

If you want more Mike Schur content, and enjoy long rambling discussions of sports, hate the Yankees, drafts and other meaningless things there's the Poscast with Joe Posnanski.

• Locked thread