Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:stoked: for tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arist posted:

ahahaha making chidi choose a soulmate

That was amazing.

PotatoJudge posted:

The season 1 twist worked but if all this turns out to be the Bad Place for torturing Michael I'll be peeved.

Micheal is definitely in the bad place and being tortured as well.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

General Dog posted:

Has this been the case the entire time, or just since the end of last year as a consequence of his failure? The latter would explain why all of his minions are so incompetent this year compared to last.

Could go either way. But yea his minions are way more incompetent this year.

"I'm going to the gym."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Busty Alexa

Ahaha attempt #108 failing right away because the door was open.

This was the best episode yet.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Micheal laughing at Jason about his football questions was great. Then Jason ran off with his sparkler.

Arist posted:

Oh man we're finding out how Tahani died

Oh god

Tahani's death was perfect.

howe_sam posted:

So Mindy didn't get the cocaine?

The biggest disappointment

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Eleanor flashbacks were :discourse:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Haha Micheal's Les Miserables essay.

A Big Dark Yak posted:

When I go to hell I hope I get that shrimp dispenser, too.

I hope yours has a better mystery flavor.

also:

Zaggitz posted:

THE BOOTS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

tsob posted:

Joke of the episode to me was Chidi deciding he couldn't break the hypocratic oath and saying so in a very firm manner, only for Michael to immediately say "okay, tell that to their families", clicking his fingers and suddenly there's a load of strangers staring at Chidi as he stands there going "WHAT!". Michael is such a magnificent bastard.

"Doctor Chidi, my daddy needed a heart transplant. Did you save his life? He was working then a really bad man ran him over with a trolley."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Superrodan posted:

Thank you. That was fantastic. Jason's actor seems really good at improvising but maybe those were just different lines they were having him try out.

Jason's lines were fantastic.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Obviously Janet can just whip you up some soma like from Brave New World. All the high and none of the drawbacks.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

You have to kill me :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tiggum posted:

I think I've only seen him in Brooklyn Nine-Nine previously, and I think if I saw a lot of him I'd really start to hate him. But as long as he doesn't stick around too long it'll be fine.

Yea for me it's this. He's fine in small doses.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"What if the reason you want to murder someone is to make your life easier?" :v:

Micheal was hilarious tonight. *wink*

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaggitz posted:

Pretty much a perfect way to end the Derek and Mindy character arcs.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CountFosco posted:

We've only seen bad Janets and good Janet. Perhaps by spending a lot of time with Mindy St Claire, Derek will continue to grow and become more "with it" but in a neutral way, becoming something like a "medium" Janet.

Show gonna end with everyone in the medium place.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kissing is gross. You just mash your ratholes foodholes together.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

Jason is on fire tonight, like a Molotov cocktail.
:yeah:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jason's reaction to his test was pretty good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

Everyone does, except for like 2 people who are arguing that, no, it's totally fair to send Tahani to hell because her parents messed her up psychologically, and Chidi because his anxiety has only somewhat improved and not magically vanished (again, when he's told that loving up sends not just him, but his THREE closest friends to eternal torment... I'd take at least a half hour picking a hat in that context)

If you want a more straight reading, even Eleanor's test isn't really fair, because she's told she doesn't need to take one. She's directly lied to. Yes, her distrusting nature means she figures out that that IS the test, but it's the same trick Chidi gets. Jen doesn't SAY picking the wrong hat damns them all, but she knows he'll infer that.

Like, give anyone in this thread two cupcakes on a plate. Most people will grab one at random.
Give them two cupcakes and say that if you mess this up, you and your closest friends will be killed. I'm sooo sure everyone would be able to pick one in 2 seconds flat. :rolleyes:

Edit: I'm a fairly indecisive person myself, (not to Chidi's degree, obviously), so maybe that's why claiming that test is fair (it's obviously very funny, and I'm fairly sure the SHOW wants us to know it's bullshit to judge him as damned based on it) bugs me so much. That situation would absolutely give me a stomachache.

82 minutes

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

No one gets hurt. Except them. Forever.

Zaggitz posted:

My favorite visual gag is when it cuts to michael looking at eleanor's weird textograph thing and theres just a HUGE pile of em coming out of chidi's machine.

I feel old

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Next season I hope we get an episode on what Jason and Tahani have been up to. Especially Jason.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Well they became obsolete like 70 years ago, so... yeah.

They still use them for physics lessons in high school :eng101:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 2, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

double nine posted:

I do wonder if Eleanor failed or passed her test. She cut off the judge before the latter could finish her sentence, and while Eleanor's made big strides in becoming a better person, we also know the Good Place is very picky about who gets in.

The judge literally told her she passed at the end of her test. She cut off the judge to spare the feelings of her friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I still laugh at how Jason died.

• Locked thread