Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh shirt I didn't know the premiere was an hour long. Fork me! I hope it goes on Hulu at midnight/3AM like usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Eleanor is gonna find that recording next episode, mark my words.

That premiere was nothing and everything like I expected. Just great.

I'm going TO THE GYM!!!

Silly Burrito posted:

The thread title should really read Season 3 now. :)

I approve of this.

It would be amazing if there was a reboot every single episode but I don't think that's where they're going.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I joke guessed that the Good Place was Michael's personal Bad Place after like the first or second episode of season 1, is that a real theory now? Did I meme?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Six seasons and a Netflix Original Movie, please

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CaveGrinch posted:

Already confirmed Adam Scott won't be back this season due to scheduling conflicts with his new show, sadly.

More proof that we're living in The Bad Place :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well there's already a band called Butthole Surfers which is imo even funnier

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

clown shoes posted:

I'm going to reiterate my theory from the last thread that probably won't be proven/disproven for many seasons but here goes: Michael is the Devil. No one knows he's the Devil. No one is in on it. This premiere only cemented this idea in my mind. He's literally torturing everyone, from the main characters, to the "actors" who are supposed to be in on it, to the judge who just wants this little experiment to be over. Even the name Michael means "who is like God?"

Michael is the Devil.

We got a live one over here! I like it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I do think at some point it will be revealed that the demons were never torturing "real people" somehow. I just don't see Schur committing to the idea that most of humanity is actually having their dicks smashed or budholes filled with spiders for eternity.

Also, noticed: in the reboot, the picture of the stoner is still in Michael's office. After the way season 1 went, I 100% expect him to actually play a part in the show somehow.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm just so forking happy we can even have this kind of speculation about a sitcom starring Ted Danson that's on a major network

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is it plot-critical or an oversight that Eleanor is the only person that always summons Janet when she says her name?

Like when she's trying to remember it and Chidi goes "You mean Janet?" and she goes "YEAH! Janet!" "Hi there!"

I noticed it a couple other times too. Hmm. :think:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i think there's a nonzero chance that Janet ends up being God or something like that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the budhole joke is hilarious :colbert:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I love the idea that Michael is God, or that he's the Devil, but one thing that kinda makes that seem unlikely to me - if that's true, why show us the scenes of him "psyching himself up" before talking to his boss? Those play out like he is legit afraid of being caught, which he shouldn't be if he's either God or the Devil.

Those scenes would, however, make perfect sense if he's a "good angel" that got mistakenly assigned to work in the Bad Place (whoah... it's like poetry, it rhymes!) and he's scared of blowing his cover.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Supercar Gautier posted:

I suspect he likes humans more than he'd care to admit to himself or other demons (which is why he designed a Bad Place neighbourhood this way in the first place), and his arc could involve realizing that.

Isn't that functionally the same as when I posited that he was a "good angel mistakenly assigned to the Bad Place though? It would more or less shake out the same either way.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah, I think that's a better and more likely outcome.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Why wasn't there a new episode last night? :mad:

e: oh because NBC is forking idiotic and premiered the show on Wednesday even though it's a Thursday show. yeah that totally makes sense.

e2: Episode 4 is called Team Cockroach. Someone is gonna nuke the town.

precision fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Sep 28, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Did they ever say how Tahani died?

It wouldn't work anymore but in season 1 I was thinking that Tahani had died at the same time as her sister and accidentally got her place, which would have been so fitting.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
:allbuttons:

how the fork will anything ever top that episode. oh my god

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Thingyman posted:

Anyone know what the delay for new episodes going up on Hulu is? I missed the premier date by a few days.

3 AM EST

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I immediately had to watch it a second time, it was so good.

Janet and Michael in the jazz band :3:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I didn't notice until the second time that one iteration Michael made Tahani and Eleanor soulmates

wanna see that one :wink:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Your soulmate is this golden retriever

I've now watched this episode 4 times in 12 hours, send help

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

muscles like this! posted:

“Find Doug Forcett”

I swear to Bob he is actually going to be in the show eventually. And it will be great.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Accretionist posted:

I laughed so hard at this one

They can hear us :tinfoil:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sean is probably just glad to be rid of Michael, I'm guessing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nah a whole lot of those attempts clearly only lasted a few days or less ("Did you say I'm in the bad place?" "Wait, who are you?")

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would assume that time in the afterlife is not a 1:1 scale with time in the material Universe though. Because that wouldn't really make much sense.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The ultimate twist: they're not in the Bad Place, they've been on Earth and alive the whole time, plugged into a VR game that's been taken over by a rogue AI (Michael) that's been torturing them by putting them on a television show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Cannonball Run 2 is more of a Good Place movie than a Medium Place one.

Now, Smokey and the Bandit 2...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wonder how many episodes until they go to The Bad Place. I can't think of a good reason for them to do so, but it feels inevitable.

Though I halfway expect them to show up and have it turn out that all the screams are fake and everyone scrambles to act like they're in hell.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

They could always retcon it, but the demons or whatever have been talking a lot when no humans are around about their old jobs doing horrible things to people.

Yeah but maybe they weren't torturing real people, but other demons

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

It would be pretty funny if one member of Jason's crew was like 50

Hey, when you're filling 60 slots, you take what you can get

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lycus posted:

I keep thinking the Tahani stuff is going to be worse. I was sure Michael was going to say she took out some people with her with that statue.

Yeah I was expecting her to pull the statue down, crushing her, and then have it pan out to show the entire Rock and Roll Hall of Fame en fuego and people screaming.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Cleveland is where Pittsburgh goes to die.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's amazing how D'arcy Carden manages to both be very attractive and completely asexual at the same time. I'm not sure she isn't a robot!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Not that I'm actively hoping Ghosted gets cancelled but it's super obviously gonna be, and so I hope season 3 brings Adam Scott back like every 2 or 3 episodes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
mods plz rename me "James Franco's Ironic Trolley"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jason and Tahani make such a perfect couple

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Michael gave the correct answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'd imagine it's not the most expensive show to make, either.

• Locked thread