Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I love the the cinematography of this show. The long, slow pans, the slow pacing of scenes; you really get to focus on the unsettling/unnatural focal points they set up.

It'd be interesting to see if this somehow ties into Candle Cove, maybe a character or location shows up. Nothing dumb or overtly obvious, just something to give a nod to fans of the show.

tessiebee posted:

Interesting start. Not frightening per se but just off kilter enough to keep interest up. Spoilers just in case I'm guessing backpacker has lost someone to the house what with his searching and telling them to leave. Bit of a dick to say that after they go in though.

I hope it's ok I'm not spoiling this (doesn't really feel like a spoiler) but I'd guess that backpacker is related to the girl in the intro, who had quite a bit of story packed into her short appearance. I had to go back and watch the intro again, but it sounds like the guy called her Lacy, and she had THIS ISN'T REAL cut into her arm in which said guy said something to the effect of 'We'll have to erase this'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

discworld is all I read posted:

Idk, I was quite spooked to find out that the dude she just boned is not the original dude anymore and that at some point he got snatched. But yeah, I kinda feel like the house just makes little pocket places according to whomever it draws in and that's why that one woman in the school was talking in a foreign language and it turned out the rest of the school was also from Russia; because the house made some little world that person could relate to.

With how the last episode ended, the scene with him coming across those people in that circular cage makes a lot more sense now.

• Locked thread