Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Nick Antosca really has a thing for cannibalism, huh?

Yeah I have to agree. Seems like it's falling into the same trap a lot of modern horror does, where they trade coherent plot points for lots of creepy/gross imagery. Don't get me wrong, it's well shot and everything, but it just feels like too much piled on. The deformed butcher children, the finger produce, the man made of meat and organs (what's his deal anyway,) Izzy bursting through the wall, the door that leads to the void, the door that leads to the "landlord," the landlord itself as a deer skull man, etc. Even the disease itself has been represented by three different things: the little face in her brain (what happened with that original trepaning scene anyway,) the actual creature stalking her, and now a centipede they pull from out of their mouth? Too many ideas that don't flow into each other nicely.

I mean, I get the gist, the family trading cannibalism for immortality or what have you, obviously wanting the sisters to replace those that died. But it feels like things that will never really truly be explained and that we just have to take at face value. I'll be surprised if they get into it in the final episode, and it's not just the sisters reuniting and escaping to find Izzy in a happy ending.

Also, I'm not saying Search & Rescue would have made an awesome story, or that you could even stretch it out across even six episodes, but when the only element they take is a set of stairs in a park that shouldn't lead anywhere, it loses the spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread