Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I really like the show, but at times Margot comes off as typical white horror movie protagonist. Jules has an excuse for her current behavior, but Margot seems to move so slowly and stares blankly at the horrors of the house. At a certain point, she should be more pissed than terrified at the house for trampling over the memories of her father. She leaves the group, can't take a blatant hint, lacks awareness for her surroundings and a lot more. Dude was pretty clear in his metaphor regarding the orchid mantis and the line "I wasn't expecting to like you so much". That being said, I also understand because she met him outside the house that she had zero reason to assume he was anything otherwise. Her accusation that he led them there was odd as well, considering that it was JD who recommended the house in the first place. I wonder what it means to be a cannibal that has escaped to the real world.

The mystery I'm really interested in, however, is Jules' terror. What is that egg-like thing that she's so attracted to? My first thought was that she had an abortion or miscarriage and that egg is a representation of her "grief" of losing a potential child. Is it some metaphorical phobia she possesses? I hope they answer this question by the end of the series. I don't think last season explained what the purpose of the teeth were. I guess it was referring to his extra tooth?

So, assuming they're still in the house, were the guys they met at the door new victims, a memory, or something worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
(A week late)
Really good. A bit slow, but never as schlocky as AHS gets. At times I was screaming at my tv for characters being so stupid, but it honestly was a very good horror series.
I had to rewatch the first episode because I think I was always under the impression that Jules was the one in the very first scene, so I was wondering why military guy's wife was with that guy. There's still one mystery I really want to know and that is, What is Jules' memory monster!? "A psychological tumor" doesn't really satisfy me, but I guess I can accept it, since I have to.
As for Seth, he got his just desserts, but drat was his situation terrifying. He had 4 cannibals to deal with, although I'm not sure if that had any effect on his psychotic break.

Anyway, Channel Zero is good.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

JossiRossi posted:

People go in, those who are tough enough get trapped, and then drained of memories.

This is interesting. I'm not sure if it's mentioned in this thread, but there's one other mystery that I didn't see resolved(though I may have missed it)
In episode 1, room 2(?), there's a couple of side characters. When the house guy disappears, the man in the couple disappears in a trail of blood and the woman runs away. What ever happened to the man? Is he just straight up dead?

• Locked thread