Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

A sequel for a mobile gacha game that nobody cared about because it had no content beyond the interesting story? What a surprise! The thing nobody asked for! Well, here it is and you've got it, and a half-assed OP to go with it, because we don't actually know much about this game yet.

Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mdqzFt5rSg

If you played the first game, the gameplay is pretty similar, except you can push enemies around unless they're denoted as unmovable. You also have a mission map that you can move around on and engage targets on. It's a little jank and oversensitive, but still neat.

Terra Battle 2 throws you into the deep end with minimal tutorial help, so have fun! The gist of it is that you pincer targets between your units and line additional ones up in cardinal directions to form combos. The only significant advice I have right now is to try and make the best use of your healer as possible. If their heal activates, it will heal other units in the combo on the same side of the pincer attack. Also don't ignore poo poo that activates on the field, if you try to ignore it, you'll end up swarmed. Like me:

(I was fine due to clever use of the fire mage, but still.)

Also you don't unlock the gacha until the second story mission, strangely.

Once we know more about the game I will happily add it to the OP and make it less lovely. Give me cool pictures.

:siren:GOON FRIEND CODE LIST:siren:

Credit for the below goes to Dr. Video Games 0112!

Terra Battle 2 Quick F.A.Q.

What do I reroll for?
The highest rarity is Z. Guardians provide skills while Equipment provides stats and attack range. Ideally you will have a decent combination of both.

How do you level your units quickly?
Upgrade guardians with Mighty and upgrade equipment with Zapper, there are various tiers of each. Metal Zone under Quests can be accessed right away at the cost of stamina or Metal Tickets to get a quick boost of Guardian and Equipment experience.

What is recoding?
Recoding lets you reset a Guardian once they reach level 99 to unlock a more powerful version but you have to stick with one of the two, DNA or RNA for the most part because while you can switch between them without resetting your level again, it does cost some recoding materials each time.

Where do you get Nucleotide, Un-Matters and Un-Cores for recoding?
Do not do Recode Quest under Quests. After you've cleared a chapter, you can play it again. Choose a chapter you've completed and select Synch Mode. Your characters will be delevelled for a higher challenge but the treasure on the map will reset every day and provided you collect it all you can farm it every day. At the moment Synch Mode Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 are best and easiest for this. (If you click the magnet at the top right your characters will disconnect from each other and you can actually speedrun for all the items fairly easily, just make sure to collect all of them or it wont reset.)

What about Monster Hearts and Monster Souls?
Looks like they drop on chance from event bosses under Quests, but they are not particularly rare, so there is still no reason to do the Recode Quest at the moment.

What is Skill Boost, Unity and Luck?
Using Guardian skills in a chain raises their Skill Boost (SB) on chance, which increases their chance to proc skills in the future. Upon reaching 100%, you begin to raise Unity which is like FFBE's Trust, granting you various items at 50% and 100% (there is almost no info on the unique items yet.) Luck increases the chance to receive items after combat (possibly unique items only obtained through Luck in the future) but at the moment it looks like the only way to raise it is to upgrade a Guardian with another Guardian of the same type, which raises both SB and Luck by 3%. It isn't plausable to get all 3 maxed for pact Guardians without spending your life savings, but farmable bosses and farmable event bosses can grant you access to Luck if you max them out. There does not appear to be any carry-over of existing SB/U/L as there was in Terra Battle 1.

What is the difference between Guardian types?
Guardians with two swords in the upper right are melee, focusing on physical damage and should lead your pincers since they will probably not proc their skills further in the chain.
Guardians with a sword and staff in the upper right are Hybrid and utilize both and proc their skills in the chain but their range is oriented on themselves rather than the enemy.
Guardians with two staves in the upper right are mages, will proc skills in the chain and their ranges are oriented on the enemies they pincer.
Guardians with two staves with a round top (wands?) are Healers and mostly focus on support and healing abilities.

What is Unleashing Equipment?
Upon reaching maximum level on any piece of equipment, you can Unleash it by feeding it a Level 1 version of an identical piece of Equipment to raise the level by 10. There is stars at the top right of the info of every Equipment showing how many times it can be unleashed (they are not rarity stars.)

Is there a chart of elemental weaknesses online somewhere?
https://terrabattle2.gamepedia.com/Elements

When is the next Chapter coming?
Looks like they are planning to release a new Chapter every week with no guarantees.

What's with all the bugs?
There is definitely some UI issues and crashes, but to us players it just means more 'compensation' energy while they work out the kinks.

How do I not lose my account?
Link it to your email in the options and they will send you a password, you will still need your friend code as well so write down both and you're good.

Is there a PC version like with Terra Battle 1?
Currently it's only available to Japan. If you speak Japanese you probably already installed it.

More tips?
-The order that units in pincers will proc is from bottom left to upper right just like in the original Terra Battle.
-Farm King Orblings at the beginning of Chapter 2. It is a powerful mage buffer and healing unit that drops relatively often and can easily be grinded to 100sb/100u/100luck and fill out your team for a long time. Not to mention it's completely free to do so and after you kill the 3 at the start you can press the pause button (top right while on the field) and exit the chapter at no penalty.
-Some of the best skills in the game allow you to stack damage or magic damage, they are usually written as "[Attack] +% for 2 turns." If you tap a skill at the Guardian Info screen you can see if it's a stackable Skill or not, Skills that read "Equip" are NOT stackable and are only a flat bonus at the start of battle.
-You can manually grind SB and U by clearing Chapters 1 and 2 Synch Mode and killing every enemy, the ideal way is to chain all of your units and kill one enemy at a time and dont fight too many at once as they can be tough and the max boost for a single fight is 0.02%. This is completely free and aggressively fast compared to TB1 SB farming, Im assuming this is due to the fact that Guardians are no longer unique and the game will expect SB and U grinding of multiple copies. (For example my Z mage Djagos has a 100% Unity reward of a Staff, assuming it's a weapon and not a companion, then it can be unleashed, meaning I will need to fulling SB and U multiple Djagos at some point to fully unlock it since it is not available in the Pacts.) This is not really required and a more optimal method will probably be discovered eventually, but it's something to do when you're out of stamina.

Is there a wiki yet?
WIP wiki is here: https://terrabattle2.gamepedia.com/

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Terra Battle 2 is not the same as Terra Battle
Make sure to check the download link!

e: Just in case you never played original TB, "Weapon Types" are a hint about attack direction
Sword is Row
Spear is Column
Staff/Bow is everywhere

Use this to your advantage, for as long as it lasts

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Sep 21, 2017

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
EDIT: I think I'm done. Not my thing.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 24, 2017

Kaptain
Oct 5, 2014
Friend code is b2d9509a.

On the end of Map 3, which i can't finish due to 1225 error.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

People were asking what to do with the yellow exp guys that you start with (from pre-reg?) last night and I was like 'hey don't use them right away because it says something about making other enhancement materials better'. I forget the exact wording in game, but it was confusing. Turns out those things just give a flat 100k exp a piece. So go hog wild. May want to save them to see what comes from your initial 10 pulls.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Tsurupettan posted:

People were asking what to do with the yellow exp guys that you start with (from pre-reg?) last night and I was like 'hey don't use them right away because it says something about making other enhancement materials better'. I forget the exact wording in game, but it was confusing. Turns out those things just give a flat 100k exp a piece. So go hog wild. May want to save them to see what comes from your initial 10 pulls.

You should slap at least one into your free Samatha, though - it unlocks her other two attack skills and can turn Sarah into a wrecking ball if you equip her with a 40+ Sam. Sadly, none of Nene's crew is as good with her out the gate because for some reason, nobody there can equip Sarah's Sword. So you need to get lucky in the gacha if you want another circle spread like that.

Anyway looking at the internet, I feel like I'm the only person in the universe who digs this. The map movement is a bit clunky but that's down more to touch not actually being a good control surface (which they maybe should've factored in, but). The actual battles are fun, being able to reposition enemies is a revelation and with how crowded some fights get, it feels more like Terra Battle by way of a Musou game than anything - it's all about mowing down tons of dudes every turn. It's wild and I love it.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Nah, I'm digging it too. Helps I woke up weirdly early this morning for some weird reason and got in with few hiccups. But I like the exploration aspect and the fact they took that puzzle side game's mechanics and inserted it into the main game. My code is bf5bb4fa if anybody wants it.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Yeah, the game being a bit more coherent as an experience helps, although it's a bit funny to see cutscenes play out on those maps :v:

Also, my own friend code is 9ba65cee, I've got a fairly well-leveled light-elemental caster Guardian and a gear setup to back it up, it should be pretty good!

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
rerolling in this one blows

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?

SpaceDrake posted:

Yeah, the game being a bit more coherent as an experience helps, although it's a bit funny to see cutscenes play out on those maps :v:

Also, my own friend code is 9ba65cee, I've got a fairly well-leveled light-elemental caster Guardian and a gear setup to back it up, it should be pretty good!

I kind of like how much easier it is to just sort of put things down on this one. Wanna take a break and gently caress with your guardians? Level stuff? Just go back to the menu! Then come right back to the chapter. Although this does mean chapters can occasionally feel a bit draggy. (Jesus CHRIST Chapter 3.)

I managed to get an S rank healer so I'm running her as my friend unit. Figured since healing isn't always a reliable thing to get in these games, well...

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

friend me and my 65 Po'lar

ef4215cc

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

A few other mechanical things to note:

1) if it seems like your newly-rolled weapons suck compared to something like Sarah's Sword (which comes with an AoE modifier out of the box), level it up some. Weapons gain their AoE modifiers as you level them.
1a) The AoE modifier is only applied from the weapon in your main hand - the one at the leftmost of the equipment line.

2) The order in which you dual-wield affects your stats on top of this. If you are trying to focus on a stat, put the stronger weapon in your main hand, unless you really want a particular AoE spread pattern.

in short: :psyduck: there is so much going on with this game it is crazy. It kind of makes me love it a bit more, if only because it feels good to wrap my head around the complexity.

Also, I swear to god I cannot find a pub group that can kill this idiot snake monster. :argh: I'm continuing to level my dudes via metal orblings, but sooner or later the other nine people in there gotta pull weight.

Kaptain
Oct 5, 2014
Anyone knows how to use the Pact of Resolve ticket on the inventory? If it's anything like the previous game it should replace the energy button on the Gacha page, but i'm not seeing any change here.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Kaptain posted:

Anyone knows how to use the Pact of Resolve ticket on the inventory? If it's anything like the previous game it should replace the energy button on the Gacha page, but i'm not seeing any change here.

The banner for it isn't in yet. The news says to hang on to it for a bit.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?
Man, SpaceDrake, your friend unit is like a minor God to me. I can clear out the Normal Metal Zone easy even with only one unit on my end; just line 'em up, pincer 'em, and watch the entire room go up in doom light. Thanks!

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Chapter 3 is the last chapter right? Guess I'm done for now. Best I can figure those D rank guns are meant to be weapon exp fodder, but they are only 1500 xp. Mightys or metal zone for guardian exp seem much higher. I like the game a good deal, but I'm still not sure what I should be doing to get more money for the shop or enough equip exp for the leviathan dungeon.

Also, any good way to check what damage stat skills run off of?

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?

PBnJamo posted:

Chapter 3 is the last chapter right? Guess I'm done for now. Best I can figure those D rank guns are meant to be weapon exp fodder, but they are only 1500 xp. Mightys or metal zone for guardian exp seem much higher. I like the game a good deal, but I'm still not sure what I should be doing to get more money for the shop or enough equip exp for the leviathan dungeon.

The most important thing is that you can always redo the maps, and they never cost stamina to run. Also, treasures respawn. I find that's at least the most interesting way to make money, and probably the most effective at the moment. As far as equipment experience though, yeah, the Metal Dungeons are your best bet, especially if you can find a really good friend unit and use only one of yours.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Dragomorph posted:

Man, SpaceDrake, your friend unit is like a minor God to me. I can clear out the Normal Metal Zone easy even with only one unit on my end; just line 'em up, pincer 'em, and watch the entire room go up in doom light. Thanks!

And that unit isn't even done leveling its equipment yet. :q:

And depending on how things go after maint and a few other things, I might get lucky and start to uncap that poo poo, or I might get something better. I'm also really close to being able to do the RNA re-code for Revol, and that might be where things really start lighting up, since it gets Weapon Mastery in that deal (i.e. it gets the AoE modifiers for both weapons).

Glad you're getting use out of it, though. If anyone else added me but got rejected, let me know; I'm Sara in game (and now that I know the username isn't used in the story itself, I wish I could change it to something more obviously SA-tagged). It's a bit hard to tell Goons from pubs at the moment.

PBnJamo posted:

Chapter 3 is the last chapter at the moment. Remember to run them in sync mode once you level up some for some extra energy. And yes, the D rank zappers are equipment EXP, but are pretty paltry compared to the Metal Zone, but they're better than nothing. :shobon: You should do your primary leveling in Metal Zone, though.

And yes, remember that chapter maps can always be run for free. This may be the first mobage I've ever seen where you can just play forever, no strings attached. That's why the EXP in the chapter maps isn't great - it's meant to be a bit low since you can grind them literally forever (and frankly, in chapter 3 you can still make some okay EXP by letting the Controllers just spawn dudes infinitely - they aren't that hard to kill and big waves of them can give upwards of a thousand EXP per combat map).

quote:

Generally speaking, if it's elemental damage, it'll run off of MATK; physical, ATK. So any pure elemental attack will be purely MATK (like Fire or Photon or whatnot, and this includes the "Trance" non-elemental attack on King Orbling), and something like Megacut will be ATK. If it's a hybrid attack like Samatha's Thunder Thrusts, each component of it runs off the respective stat - ATK boosts the physical damage portion, MATK boosts lightning. There are weapons and builds that let you effectively use both.

You can tell what kind of attacks a unit specializes in by their top-right icon: if it's crossed swords, it's all ATK, if it's all staves it's MATK, if it's one of each it's a hybrid. In a bit of UI amazement, if you have the unit locked because it's an SS or whatnot, this will be hidden by the lock icon. :goleft: unlock it to check.

kontona
May 3, 2003

enjoying the game.

my friend code: 0237d416

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
After testing things a bit I assumed all the elemental stuff ran off of only matk. Maybe it is just the early game where that's true in the sense of you'll get bigger numbers quicker. However, your comments got me looking for better friend choices and now I can clear metal zone normal and leviathan easy. Maybe normal as well, I'll try later. Point is, you get 700+ gold per levi easy clear and the achievement for killing him 5 times is 5k gold. Levi will drop the blasters readily enough too, but the b or a rank stuff seems locked to harder difficulties as one would expect.

Anyone give the coop dungeon a try yet?

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

Friend me and my Z Django Unchained chick

0951bbc2

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?

PBnJamo posted:

After testing things a bit I assumed all the elemental stuff ran off of only matk. Maybe it is just the early game where that's true in the sense of you'll get bigger numbers quicker. However, your comments got me looking for better friend choices and now I can clear metal zone normal and leviathan easy. Maybe normal as well, I'll try later. Point is, you get 700+ gold per levi easy clear and the achievement for killing him 5 times is 5k gold. Levi will drop the blasters readily enough too, but the b or a rank stuff seems locked to harder difficulties as one would expect.

Anyone give the coop dungeon a try yet?

Yeah, I've tried coop. My main suggestion is that you should try to stick to the corners of the boss because people have this really bad habit of pushing you out of the attack lineup, and you won't notice due to lag until it's too late too do anything about it. If you stick to the corners, you can still get in on the combos. and also avoid getting hosed when the boss decides to say "screw you" and abandon its pattern altogether. Damnit.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
If anyone wants a healer, I've set the SS healer Haruhikari as my friend character. Friend Code: 236f1e4a

Also, here's a few tips that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

1) The treasures in synced mode have a pretty good chance of being Nucleotides; rushing through the map to grab treasure with a single character might be faster than doing the Recode Dungeon and costs no stamina.

2) Use the beginning of Chapter 2 to recruit a bunch of King Orblings (all recruitments and items stay even if you quit the chapter). It's a bit of a grind, but it's probably the easiest way to get a decent 100 Luck character. This is also currently the best character to take into the co-op raid because his magic attack +10% is applied to every character in the chain per pincer.

3) Someone posted a really nice guide on the Terra Battle forums for the co-op raid in general which goes into more details on King Orblings and other tips for the fight. It can be found here: https://terrabattleforum.com/threads/how-to-win-at-raids.13370/

4) If you didn't notice the news post about it, do not fuse Mighty DNA (the blue ones you get from winning the co-op raid) with anything. There was a glitch yesterday where fusing them with a guardian would remove all the Mighty DNA copies from your inventory and possibly also remove random other guardians. They did an emergency maintenance and it might be fine now, but they seem to be encouraging people to hold off on using them for the time being. Zappers and other Mighties are fine to use.

5) Since it's not really clear, the green numbers you see during the co-op raid fight do not indicate that the boss is getting healed, those numbers are just your own damage. Also, since you can't swap with other players' units during co-op the game allows you to overlap and punishes you for doing so by shoving away all of the overlapping characters during the attack phase (it's a weird design choice and they really need to give better indication for when an overlap is happening, but it's not a lag issue). If someone overlaps with you try to move to a free spot if you have time, even if it means they get to do damage and you don't since that's still better than neither of you dealing damage due to being shoved away.

Lastly, while I personally don't have the patience to bother with rerolling in gacha games, if you're set on it keep in mind that Z and SS equipment is probably more important than (and has an even lower rate than) getting Z and SS characters. Gear is where all of your stats come from and you're not going to have any AoE capabilities on Tera/Peta skills if you don't have higher tier gear (though judging by my Sun Dagger even A-rank gear can eventually get at least Tera if you have multiple copies for Unleashing). That being said, if you're looking for a character to go for, I'd strongly recommend keeping Brone (SS rank) since he has good attacks and gets Treasure Hunter 30% for increased loot drops as well as something called 'Dark Legion Exterminator' which is probably some sort of really good passive damage boost against what seem to be the main antagonists of the game judging by the plot so far.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
First roll in this gave me a Z guardian (Djagos) and SS armor (aegis armor). Also a sun rod and sun dagger both of which turn my mega moves in to crosses apparently. Also got an A rank healer who seems nice so far with Mega Heal. Not being able to heal someone on the other side of monsters kinda sucks though when you're down to 2 people. Traps are also kinda bullshit since enemies can bounce you around on them and kill you from full hp even though they themselves do almost no damage.

Currently have Sarah's Shortsword and the Sun Rod on my friend unit with Djagos. IDK if that means my MEGA moves get both the cross attack *and* the column from each weapon or what, but it'd be cool if so. :shrug:

Friend code: cf5e6d3c

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14Y54Ou_MzkEOHahBKC2j4k-ExI-cFLqWqfxGlmTSg2U/edit#gid=0 here's a friend code list, go hog wild

feel free to still post your code in the thread anyway because nobody reads OPs

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 23, 2017

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

First roll in this gave me a Z guardian (Djagos) and SS armor (aegis armor). Also a sun rod and sun dagger both of which turn my mega moves in to crosses apparently. Also got an A rank healer who seems nice so far with Mega Heal. Not being able to heal someone on the other side of monsters kinda sucks though when you're down to 2 people. Traps are also kinda bullshit since enemies can bounce you around on them and kill you from full hp even though they themselves do almost no damage.

Currently have Sarah's Shortsword and the Sun Rod on my friend unit with Djagos. IDK if that means my MEGA moves get both the cross attack *and* the column from each weapon or what, but it'd be cool if so. :shrug:

Friend code: cf5e6d3c

You only get the range upgrade from your primary weapon and your secondary weapon simply gives half of its normal stats. Assuming the sword is in the main slot, that means you're not getting the cross attack, but the triple column is crazy on its own anyway.

Also, if you're talking about the spike traps the generators place in Chapter 3, killing all the enemies before the generator runs away makes the fight end immediately after the generator leaves and you won't take damage even if your characters are on spikes. In other words, always prioritize the weaker enemies over the generators if you don't want to worry about the spikes.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Heh, I think I was just in a co-op with Dragomorph, where I got to show off how well my Leviathan's come along. :getin:

That said, I've had some Upgrade Adventures today, so stay tuned for a bit of an :effort:post with some useful information.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Seeric posted:

You only get the range upgrade from your primary weapon and your secondary weapon simply gives half of its normal stats. Assuming the sword is in the main slot, that means you're not getting the cross attack, but the triple column is crazy on its own anyway.

To elaborate on this: there actually is a specific Guardian skill called Weapon Mastery that allows both held weapons to mutate abilities. The DNA version of Samatha gets it, in fact. Without Weapon Mastery, however, only your main hand (the leftmost weapon) affects the AoE spread of your skills. And remember that skills can have innate AoE, which does stack with your weapon mutator.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 24, 2017

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm in on this and it's fun but man I don't even know what the gently caress half this stuff on this very first page even is. No gacha unlocked yet, just putting the wheel in Jesus' hands.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?
Has anybody been able to figure out precisely what Isolation does? I thought all it does is prevent link attacks but my boyfriend claims it's blocked some attacks altogether.

(Seriously, why is there not a FAQ about the status effects at least? Geez.)

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
You guys have much luck with leviathan? I have enough hp to tank maelstrom now, but I can't get my pieces down far enough to avoid tidal waves during the last half of the fight.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

PBnJamo posted:

You guys have much luck with leviathan? I have enough hp to tank maelstrom now, but I can't get my pieces down far enough to avoid tidal waves during the last half of the fight.

Ideally you should be killing him before Tidal Wave; remember, if you get dudes on both squares on both sides, you get to attack him twice.

If your weapons aren't high enough level to conceivably do that, you may want to consider hitting the gym further.

I've been having pretty good luck with Leviathan; I'm up to five drops of Levi himself and now enough Beret drops to be one drop away from maxing out two of them. Hoping I can get another helmet drop, too, so my team can be in all maxed A hats and my rolled SS hat.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm in on this and it's fun but man I don't even know what the gently caress half this stuff on this very first page even is. No gacha unlocked yet, just putting the wheel in Jesus' hands.

If you aren't there yet, you'll very prominently get the gacha during chapter 2.

Yep, another maint, and it sounds like this one still won't address everything.

Well hey, it's more apol-energy for us :v:

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 24, 2017

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?
There were two men in a boat, Code and Recode. Code fell out. Who was left?

s'up bitches

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So to level guardians and gear just run the 15 stamina metal dungeon forever?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

So to level guardians and gear just run the 15 stamina metal dungeon forever?

You also get level up materials for winning co-op. But in the main, yes, the Metal Zone is your main source of leveling up. It's similar to the level up quests in F/GO, and TB1 had a similar system.

Note that if you can kill metals with a friend unit and just one of your units, you'll get more guardian EXP; gear EXP, however, is based on participating in a chain, so if you want to focus more on gear and stats, it's better to bring everyone and make sure everyone's in the chain.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

It'd be cool if the game explained, like, anything at all because holy poo poo the complete lack of information is ridiculous. Similar to how I can take a friend unit with 200+ mag and a mage guardian yet they seem to do jack poo poo for damage compared to someone with half their stats.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

It'd be cool if the game explained, like, anything at all because holy poo poo the complete lack of information is ridiculous. Similar to how I can take a friend unit with 200+ mag and a mage guardian yet they seem to do jack poo poo for damage compared to someone with half their stats.

200+ magic damage should be able to murder just about anything short of Leviathan Hard Mode. Maybe their element was one the enemy was strong against and/or the weaker guardian's element was one the enemy was weak against? That or the guardian itself might have been at such a low level that it hadn't learned most of its skills since stats are purely based on equipment.

On another note, Metal Zone is the best place for leveling, especially if you're trying to get your equipment up, but the co-op raid is a respectable second place if you're out of stamina or just sick of Metal Zone. A good team can take down the boss in under 2 minutes and you're guaranteed to get a C-rank Mighty worth 10k experience on every victory regardless of your ranking. It's not as good as the 60k+ you can get from a Metal Zone Hard Mode run and you'll only get a Zapper if you beat the boss under the fairly tight par time, but that 10k can really add up if you just need a few more levels or if you're trying to get the co-op coins or weapons anyway.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

co-op would be cool if it didn't randomly(?) push your units away from the boss when the turn resolves. Or is it that if multiple people pick the same spot it seems like the game's resolution is that nobody is allowed to be there?

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?

Evil Fluffy posted:

co-op would be cool if it didn't randomly(?) push your units away from the boss when the turn resolves. Or is it that if multiple people pick the same spot it seems like the game's resolution is that nobody is allowed to be there?

I haven't figured out what causes that either. I usually either park far away but still in line for the combo or move my character in tiny circles until the enemy's turn. The former is more reliable than the latter but yeah.

EDIT: Is there any benefit to ten-pulling over single pulling in this Game? I can't tell and it doesn't say.

Dragomorph fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 25, 2017

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
There is no benefit to 10x pulling over single pulls as far as anyone can tell other than it being faster. You may want to hold on to any 'Super Energy' you buy from the shop though if you plan to spend money since Terra Battle 1 had a few events where you could spend the cash shop-exclusive money to do a 10x pull and pick a single specific character/item of your choice from a list and they'll probably do something similar here. On the other hand, you'll probably want to spend the normal energy now if you can because there's speculation that the pull price will go up to 5 energy per pull since that's what it was in the first game (though you also got way more bonus energy for buying in bulk in that game so who knows).

As for people getting pushed in co-op, it's definitely a feature to punish players for overlapping with each other since the alternatives of not letting players pass through each other or letting players swap around other players' characters would be complete nightmares. That said, they really need to work on adding some sort of indication for character overlap and it's still frustrating to get punished for it and possibly have your ranking reduced at the end if you got a spot and someone else moved on top of you, forcing you to either abandon the spot and let them get the damage or stay and have both of you shoved out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?
Geez, this game does NOT want to give me any equipment worth a drat, but it sure likes to toss SS ranked guardians at me. I NEED HITTY HARDER THINGS DAMNIT.

On a side note, I think Leviathan is gonna end up being my trash collector, because Maelstrom and Icebind are nuts.

• Locked thread