Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48gMD3YCgvI

Season 4 is here and they're getting pretty close to having a Gotham that is primed for a Dark Knight, a Caped Crusader, a... Bruceman! Looks like this season is starting off with Scarecrow (Charlie Tahan) but also promising the premier of Professor Pyg (Michael Cerveris.) Trailers also seem to be implying that Barbara survived her electrocution at the end of the season. Also the showrunner has promised that we're finally free and Fish Mooney is dead dead DEAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
drat they are going Full Camp and I'm totally ready for that

YOU'RE THE VIRUS JIM

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Well, Bruce's proto Bat voice is already better than Bale's and Affleck's.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, it only took 4 seasons but they finally fixed Penguins stupid haircut.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Zsasz remains the best.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I noticed at the beginning of the episode he even got his own special credit "Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsasz"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

poo poo, David Mazouz is an awesome Bruce Wayne/Batman already

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Am I the only one that finds it kind of creepy that as soon as Camren Bicondova (Selena) turned 18 they started dressing her in more revealing outfits?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Am I the only one that finds it kind of creepy that as soon as Camren Bicondova (Selena) turned 18 they started dressing her in more revealing outfits?

Seeing this is the show that recast Ivy because the 15 year old playing her wasn't sexy enough, no, I'm not surprised.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Seeing this is the show that recast Ivy because the 15 year old playing her wasn't sexy enough, no, I'm not surprised.

And also because she, you know, had basically no range as an actress.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

And also because she, you know, had basically no range as an actress.

So why not replace her with another 15 year old instead of 20 something?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know why they didn't just introduce a new character since absolutely nothing is added by her being Ivy Pepper. Like maybe they could have actually had Pamela Isley?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zero One posted:

Zsasz remains the best.

Best wedding ever.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

I don't know why they didn't just introduce a new character since absolutely nothing is added by her being Ivy Pepper. Like maybe they could have actually had Pamela Isley?

The original plan was to have her get adopted by the Isley family, who'd force her to change her first name and generally be all kinds of lovely to her. Didn't end up happening though, for a variety of reasons.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

No you aren't, and it probably has something to do with all the wunderkind on this show still looking like they're in middle school except Ivy on account of being a completely different person.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The gang ringleader that Zsasz shoots at the wedding is Michael Buscemi, brother of Steve.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gonz posted:

The gang ringleader that Zsasz shoots at the wedding is Michael Buscemi, brother of Steve.

Mister Pinkie?

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

Gonz posted:

Ok that makes sense I kept staring at his face in every scene thinking that's steve buscemi, but not as hosed up looking.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

6-year plan man posted:

Ok that makes sense I kept staring at his face in every scene thinking that's steve buscemi, but not as hosed up looking.

Dude even sounds like his brother. It's uncanny.

Bruceski posted:

Mister Pinkie?

I was waiting for him to skip out on the tip at a diner.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Gonz posted:

That explains everything.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I put Gotham on pause a few episodes into season 3 last year. Is it worth getting caught up to see it finally become the teenaged alt-world it was always meant to be?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Zero One posted:

Zsasz remains the best.

:agreed:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Eh, it's part of the Catwoman transformation.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Aquasnake posted:

I put Gotham on pause a few episodes into season 3 last year. Is it worth getting caught up to see it finally become the teenaged alt-world it was always meant to be?

I got caught up last weekend for this season and I enjoyed it. You're going to be a little lost on some Bruce character development otherwise but if you don't feel like it I'm sure a few minutes with wikipedia will get you up to speed.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Four seasons and Gordon doesn't have a mustache yet?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Autism Sneaks posted:

No you aren't, and it probably has something to do with all the wunderkind on this show still looking like they're in middle school except Ivy on account of being a completely different person.

When I was watching the back half of season 3 last weekend I noticed that they pinned catwoman's age as 16, and I was trying to figure out how old Bruce is supposed to be because now that I'm an old fart I can't tell and I feel like he looks about 13.

The gently caress age is Bruce supposed to be at this point?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

Eh, it's part of the Catwoman transformation.

As long as they don't go the Frank Miller route and make her a prostitute.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

When I was watching the back half of season 3 last weekend I noticed that they pinned catwoman's age as 16, and I was trying to figure out how old Bruce is supposed to be because now that I'm an old fart I can't tell and I feel like he looks about 13.

The gently caress age is Bruce supposed to be at this point?

David Mazouz is 16 IRL and the way Bruce is acting would strain credibility to have him be any younger.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

David Mazouz is 16 IRL and the way Bruce is acting would strain credibility to have him be any younger.

The fact he's taller then everyone on the show sure makes him seem older

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

sbaldrick posted:

The fact he's taller then everyone on the show sure makes him seem older

Really? The baby face and overall gangliness makes 16 pretty believable. He makes the trenchcoat look like it belonged to his dead dad

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Autism Sneaks posted:

He makes the trenchcoat look like it belonged to his dead dad

Maybe it was! You ever think of that, you heartless bastard!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I got my ham just a little while ago (had to DVR the episode). So, a few awesome notes from the premiere:

• Protobatman! Or Batboy? Batteenager? Bruce-Man! Way to go, OP. Lots of stuff on this guy, but it opens up with a patrol, a drop-in, a beat-up, and a get-away. Not-bad!
  • Catselina! When a problem comes along, she just whips it! When all the creeps come on too strong, she just whips them! When something's going wrong, she just whips it...
  • Zsasz just gets better and better every time I see him.
  • Batman camera angle in the hallway leading to the bad guys.
  • Oh yeah, bad guy license. I'm a little surprised Penguin didn't name it the Guild of Calamitous Intent.
  • Bruceman silently approaches Gordon for a chat. They chat. Gordon turns around but continues talking. He looks back, and Bruce is gone suddenly. Nice nod there, but honestly, this should make it easy for him to figure out who is Batman in the future. Especially if he keeps doing it as a young Bruce Wayne.

And how about the guy in charge of the asylum? He was just so over-the-top smarmy. The way he delivered the "They threatened me, I had no choice" line was just so loving... punchable? God, I wanted to punch him off my TV screen, and that was totally the intent. Love it. I haven't seen anyone chew on the scenery that hard since Fish ordered everybody out of the club, the source of my favorite Got Ham Gif.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

tarlibone posted:

I got my ham just a little while ago (had to DVR the episode). So, a few awesome notes from the premiere:

• Oh yeah, bad guy license. I'm a little surprised Penguin didn't name it the Guild of Calamitous Intent.

Yeah I loved that. He must have binge watched Venture Bros.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Why did the gang led by Steve Buscemi's brother keep antagonizing Jonathan and putting him on the verge of mental breakdown? He was their meal ticket and didn't seem to have any problem making the serum for them. They knew how the fear serum worked and that the scarecrow tied into his particular fear somehow, and yet despite the fact that he was the person they needed the most and he didn't seem to have any hesitation or moral objection to making it for them, they decided to keep psychologically torturing him for some reason.

Oh well, that's Got Ham for you. I absolutely love the fact that they gave out licenses to commit crimes. At times it feels like they decide to come up with the absolute most ludicrous 1960s Adam West-style plot developments that they can possibly think of and then force their characters to deal with it in at least a partially serious manner.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well they are just assholes that like intimidating people without answering to anyone and they had no reason to care about some mental case. Plus they adopted the tactic from his doctor who said he did a similar thing to make Crane do stuff for him. Unfortunately pushing him past the breaking point meant he had to get a new persona to survive.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

What happened to Barbara last season? I want to say Tabitha electrocuted her somehow, but I can't remember? Also, did o[BruceClone]o die?

Also, I always thought Gordon always sort of knew who Batman was anyway so the disappearing act works for me.

Are they bringing back Lea?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, I think this part is kind of a misstep. They really don't need Scarecrow to have an army of crazy people too, that's just getting kind of repetitive.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Batpup, go!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

His new outfit looks like something from some no-name 90's superhero show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

His new outfit looks like something from some no-name 90's superhero show.

Nightman had a name.

• Locked thread