Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48gMD3YCgvI

Season 4 is here and they're getting pretty close to having a Gotham that is primed for a Dark Knight, a Caped Crusader, a... Bruceman! Looks like this season is starting off with Scarecrow (Charlie Tahan) but also promising the premier of Professor Pyg (Michael Cerveris.) Trailers also seem to be implying that Barbara survived her electrocution at the end of the season. Also the showrunner has promised that we're finally free and Fish Mooney is dead dead DEAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, it only took 4 seasons but they finally fixed Penguins stupid haircut.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I noticed at the beginning of the episode he even got his own special credit "Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsasz"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Am I the only one that finds it kind of creepy that as soon as Camren Bicondova (Selena) turned 18 they started dressing her in more revealing outfits?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know why they didn't just introduce a new character since absolutely nothing is added by her being Ivy Pepper. Like maybe they could have actually had Pamela Isley?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

When I was watching the back half of season 3 last weekend I noticed that they pinned catwoman's age as 16, and I was trying to figure out how old Bruce is supposed to be because now that I'm an old fart I can't tell and I feel like he looks about 13.

The gently caress age is Bruce supposed to be at this point?

David Mazouz is 16 IRL and the way Bruce is acting would strain credibility to have him be any younger.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, I think this part is kind of a misstep. They really don't need Scarecrow to have an army of crazy people too, that's just getting kind of repetitive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

His new outfit looks like something from some no-name 90's superhero show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently the ratings have absolutely cratered with the move. So probably don't expect it to be renewed again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, I get why Bruce wears a mask now, but why Selena?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Did he really just call Bruce "Master B"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know shows need to save money sometimes but it was super lazy to have the Iceberg lounge be the same bar as Sirens just to save on sets.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Someone in the costume department this season is a big fan of deep cleavage.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Falcone's daughter looks nothing like him.

No but she looks a lot like Lee.

Also these goddamn color corrected scenes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

rear end in a top hat Bruce is pretty fun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of Gotham's ep' s has said that while he has a lot in common with the Joker, Jerome's arc will not lead to him actually becoming the Joker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This was a really good episode. A lot of fun and it's kind of shocking how Ben McKenzie has literally zero other writing credits.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drew Powell made a wish on a monkey's paw about not having to wear the fake hand any more.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The goo in the swamp seems like it regenerated it when it gave him that wig turned his hair white.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder that Arrow also did a Solomon Grundy in s2 and it was just a mook who was named Cyrus Gold and got dosed with a super soldier serum.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JUST INTRODUCE A NEW CHARACTER NAMED PAMELA ISELY!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wrong Peyton List.

This one: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0514228

Not this one: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2572554

No idea how there are two professional actresses with the same goddamn name though. Usually one of them has to use something different to stop confusion like this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I assume all those drugs she took (and then promptly disappeared)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing that I think is kind of a flaw this season is the plots are getting a little too spread out. Everyone is off doing things that are barely connected to each other anymore.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I find it interesting Selina has become a pretty minor character now. She no longer has her own storylines, and is a minor character in the ones she's involved in.

Probably because they've split up her and Bruce so there's nobody around who treats her as an equal in her stories.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So there's been some new recasting with Charlie Tahan (Scarecrow) having to leave the show as he couldn't balance filming between Gotham and Ozark. He's being replaced by David W Thompson but they haven't said if they're making him a new character or if he'll be Jonathan Crane.

And in more annoying news, the show won't return until March.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, reminder that this is back tonight with Jerome showing up again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp, kind of odd that all the promotional stuff was making a big deal about Jerome and finally doing something about the Joker and he wasn't in the episode at all.

Also recasting Ivy yet again came across as really weird. Like why did they bother recasting in the first place if they didn't like the actress?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of funny how terrible his first appearance way back in season 1.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Phylodox posted:

No? I mean, they showed Tabby getting her hand lopped off and focused on her bleeding stump for a good couple of seconds and that was played as comedy.

Gotham is kind of a hosed up show.

It has always been super violent, with characters being shot on screen and multiple people being blown the gently caress up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nameless Pete posted:

Remember that one episode of Batman Beyond where Talia al Ghul shows up, but it's actually Ra's' mind inside her body as a last ditch effort to avoid the grave? And it's a little weird because "she" kissed Bruce before David Warner's voice started coming out of her?

Exactly that, and I couldn't be more excited.

That's exactly what I thought.

It was hilarious that Sophia got shot in the loving head and is in a coma. Although seeing as that exact same thing happened to Butch last season it isn't too weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can't remember, is there a reason that Jerome constantly wears gloves?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I'm guessing that the producers talking about how Jerome isn't going to be the Joker just means that we'll see Jerome pulling a Killing Joke on Jeremiah and it working, turning HIM into the Joker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While I liked the episode as a whole, it is kind of a problem to have a big dramatic moment being Jerome dying when that has already happened once before. Especially his line about creating copycats which already happened.

I guess maybe they felt like they killed him the first time way too quickly and this is basically supposed to be a do-over.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I assume any kind of "reboot" would be to refocus the show more on Bruce (as David Mazouz has aged enough that they can start really digging into the proto-Batman) and jettison a lot of Gordon subplots.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Barbara stuff was kind of fun in the moment but man, that sure turned into a wet fart at the end. I did enjoy zombie Alexander Siddig doing what sounded like a Liam Neeson impression.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's kind of funny how they're using the whole Jerome/Jeremiah thing to do the different takes on the Joker from over the years. Also the Jeremiah version looked really disquieting, probably because it looks so unnatural and he stopped blinking.

I do kind of wonder why they stopped at the hair seeing as they already went halfway there with making him look like the Joker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of easy to forget about that character because she just kind of vanished from the story from her first appearance until now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to a recent interview with one of the producers for the show they are not allowed to ever call anyone "the Joker" and also they can make Jerome/Jeremiah look kind of like the Joker but they can't go full Joker and have both the white face and green hair. Because having every other Batman villain running around using their villain names is fine but they have to make an exception for the Joker because obviously they're going to be doing all those movies with him. You know, the movies that are nowhere near production and like every other DC movie plan will probably fall through before they ever do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good news and bad news.

Good news: Renewed!

Bad news: For a final season that will probably only be 13 episodes.

• Locked thread
«2 »