Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«69 »
Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

We'll always have our memories won't we? Those special memories that Iíll always treasure. You, writhing from the jellyfish sting, me, urinating on the wound.

jagadaishio posted:

Point of correction, Assensing uses Intuition, not Magic, doesn't it?

Also, how's Sasha's Instruction skill? You can be excellent at something but still not any good at teaching.

Ah, that's right. It is. Sasha's intuition is only at 3 last time I checked. It'll raise up, but not until year 2. It doesn't make a huge difference as that's just one die.

And yeah, her instruction skill is pretty crappy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

This is Shadowrun, everyone has tattoos. Corporate wageslaves usually even have one or two. At least hasn't gotten into the otherkin wannabes of Shadowrun like Elf Posers or Glamgirls. Tattoos are pretty normal

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

We'll always have our memories won't we? Those special memories that Iíll always treasure. You, writhing from the jellyfish sting, me, urinating on the wound.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This is Shadowrun, everyone has tattoos. Corporate wageslaves usually even have one or two. At least hasn't gotten into the otherkin wannabes of Shadowrun like Elf Posers or Glamgirls. Tattoos are pretty normal

Glamgirls?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

. . . Elf Posers or Glamgirls. Tattoos are pretty normal

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

On the topic of tattoos, I don't know if something like this is a thing in Shadowrun, but active tattoos are cyberpunk as gently caress.

It's basically 3D printed circuitry as a glowing tattoo, so I don't think it would be incongruous in Shadowrun.

In Fuzzy's case specifically we could get a tattoo that is invisible until she wills it to show.

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2018 around 06:22

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.

Groetgaffel posted:

On the topic of tattoos, I don't know if something like this is a thing in Shadowrun, but active tattoos are cyberpunk as gently caress.

It's basically 3D printed circuitry as a glowing tattoo, so I don't think it would be incongruous in Shadowrun.

In Fuzzy's case specifically we could get a tattoo that is invisible until she wills it to show.

It is, but it costs .1 Essence.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

jagadaishio posted:

It is, but it costs .1 Essence.
Oh wow, that seems like a pretty steep essence cost. It's not that far removed from some people today injecting an RF chip in the hand.

I was under the impression that essence loss was mostly for when you remove fleshy bits and replace them with chrome?

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.

Groetgaffel posted:

Oh wow, that seems like a pretty steep essence cost. It's not that far removed from some people today injecting an RF chip in the hand.

I was under the impression that essence loss was mostly for when you remove fleshy bits and replace them with chrome?

Implanting a smart-tattoo like that either requires implanting a subdermal display, or getting a nano-tattoo that requires a nanohive implanted to keep the nanobots replenished and functional. Each cost a fractional point of Essence (and would therefore lose Fuzzy 1 Magic), and both are to high-tech to be realistically enchanted. There's a reason why Fuzzy had to have most of her Spearknife's internals gutted before it could be enchanted.

In general, magic prefers lower-tech, naturalistic, more archaic, less refined things. It's harder to enchant alloys than raw wood, harder to Shape glass than earth, and so on.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Women who get enhancements like cat ears and tails, silver skin, lizard eyes and a forked tongue. There are glamguys too.

There's another name but I don't remember what it is.

jagadaishio posted:

Implanting a smart-tattoo like that either requires implanting a subdermal display, or getting a nano-tattoo that requires a nanohive implanted to keep the nanobots replenished and functional. Each cost a fractional point of Essence (and would therefore lose Fuzzy 1 Magic), and both are to high-tech to be realistically enchanted. There's a reason why Fuzzy had to have most of her Spearknife's internals gutted before it could be enchanted.

In general, magic prefers lower-tech, naturalistic, more archaic, less refined things. It's harder to enchant alloys than raw wood, harder to Shape glass than earth, and so on.

Yeah, any Qi tattoo that Fuzzy gets is best done the old fashioned way, especially as a shaman. Some of the strongest shamans in the Shadowrun world are actually on New Zealand. The Maori have been doing Qi tattoos since before they were really magical and now they can do amazing things with them. Remember how Maui in Moana can shapeshift really fast? Imagine being able to slap part of your chest, grunting a magic word, and being able to do that. It's pretty awesome.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2018 around 18:39

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

Ice Phisherman posted:

on Sasha's Assensing Aptitude.
Thanks for the more detailed breakdown!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Women who get enhancements like cat ears and tails, silver skin, lizard eyes and a forked tongue. There are glamguys too.

There's another name but I don't remember what it is.
Future Furries.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Yeah, any Qi tattoo that Fuzzy gets is best done the old fashioned way, especially as a shaman. Some of the strongest shamans in the Shadowrun world are actually on New Zealand. The Maori have been doing Qi tattoos since before they were really magical and now they can do amazing things with them. Remember how Maui in Moana can shapeshift really fast? Imagine being able to slap part of your chest, grunting a magic word, and being able to do that. It's pretty awesome.
That's fascinating. I don't really remember ever seeing mention of the Maori in the fluff. Any idea where that tidbit came from?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

If I was at home with my gaming library I could suss it out. I'm pulling it straight from memory. It might even be noncanon, like the 3rd edition Kender sourcebook for D&D. Ive got a bunch of stuff like that for various games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Deadmeat5150 posted:

If I was at home with my gaming library I could suss it out. I'm pulling it straight from memory. It might even be noncanon, like the 3rd edition Kender sourcebook for D&D. Ive got a bunch of stuff like that for various games.

I like the idea. I just don't have the space left to push it into the narrative. Maybe in year two.

«69 »