Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I don’t think Kenji is the only thing influencing Chip’s new changes. Being a riot healer has to be taking its effect.

This is a pretty cute conclusion overall. And hey, the gang gets to now be directly aware there’s runs placed on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
And so one of the biggest threats to Chip is in the process of being removed.

Gross and hectic. Let’s see who prevails.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Julie’s raw power is from the biggest act of entropy in shamanism via kin slaying, and she did it by spontaneously learning an entropic spell in Manabolt and one-shotting something with it.

In addition, she was in a deadened state that resembles the state of an initiated prospect.

Rita may have been feeling nice when she met Julie, but I’m thinking that a lot of the affection came from Julie reminding Rita of her comfortable place.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
He seems to be getting unarmed regardless, but I think the improved reflexes is an important one. He feels that violence is imminent, I really don’t see him ignoring that instinct and not prepare for it. He doesn’t have to go deep into combat, but zero prep doesn’t feel right.

Julie presses. Kenji made it clear that he’d be shouldering the burden otherwise, and after the stint with leaning on Fuzzy’s shoulder, I don’t think Julie would want to burden her friends unduly again.

They also need to give Mrs. Maureen a nice present. She’s really too nice and innocent a lady for how much they’ve been traumatizing her.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
It's why I think Improved Reflexes is a good idea. If he's caught out unprepared, that's more initiative passes to run away, fade into a crowd, or whatever. If he's prepared, that's more turns to do some damage.

# of actions is always a good investment in any system.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
So Kenji is doing some deep nature isolation after profound magical truths. How much is he going to boost his magic? He’s kind of doing things in the wrong order since he hasn’t really spent his power points yet but that’s the nature of organic storytelling.

I like the hilarious landmine for the start of the Johnson conversation.

“Hey Gentoo”

“Hi Pretty Pink”

Julie whips about on Saanvi. “You’re a shadowrunner?!”

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
While Kenji did drop the ball by not telling people ahead of time who’s involved, Julie chose the most conspicuous way to hire the runners. She’s literally the only mage of Touristville, and the Johnson is an awakened that could at least astrally project. Once they walked into Touristville, she’d have been revealed really quickly due to being such a public figure.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The idea of those runners randomly receiving an invitation from the super-nice community amuses me. Because of the connotations of the super-nice community having unexpected shadowrunner connections, which would throw them for a loop.

That's basically the best it could've went, given how pissed off Saanvi was. Julie is getting the help she actually needs, rather than the help she was asking for. And Saanvi can smooth out the wrinkles of Julie's hideously awkward introduction.

Granted, Saanvi has a small task in front of her to explain things to Gentoo. At least she has a 15,000 bonus to smooth it over.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Man, Krupa is such a delicate problem with the mentor thing. This feels like the first thing in a long while that she's been genuinelly excited and happy about, and her life has been a rollercoaster of uncomfortable revelations of late. I wonder if Julie could really have the heart to dampen that, but it's kind of important to. Expanding the circle of secrets is... dicey, especially with Krupa unfortunately.

Dolphin knowing and loving Dragonslayer is hilarious too. I think the most delicate way of handling it is to indeed defer to the group.

Edit: This seems to be a problem created by Julian not really considering the gossip angle of Julie appearing in the spirit mentors class too. Julian....

Edit Edit: Oh yeah, continuity-wise, Julie already seen that painting previously. May be more natural if Krupa commented on it first or something.

Keldulas fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 10, 2021

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
There is an element we can pass off to Julian, actually. The kids had to overcast to do their ritual. Julie could mention that, and say that they had to get the go-ahead from Julian in calculating how to do it.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
That could’ve gone much worse.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
It’s interesting to think that the reason why Julian’s attempts to contact Firebringer haven’t been working is because they’ve been too safe. The suggested fires seem to have an element of danger involved. And Firebringer’s traditional role has been anything but safe.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Oh, Tir. Fascist meaning finding any reason whatsoever to 'other' a set group of people is definitely genuine, even in the face of very sensible arguments as to why it really shouldn't matter.

Both sides of the school system are incredibly disgusting, what with the fake hangover pills on one side and the natural expansion of the American public school system on the other. And yet, that probably makes Shadowrun school genuinely more useful than a lot of American public schools on the basis that it's legitimately teaching kids skills that they'll use.

That's just sad in it's own right, but it's there.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Oh, Sasha. It technically makes sense, but it's definitely grim.

It's also funny how despite Fuzzy being the voice of experience, there's definitely some things that Sasha just isn't understanding.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I can’t help but draw parallels of Fuzzy and Rita. They both initiated people. One to violence, a bunch to murder. And the people in question wished to learn. With the knowledge horrifying all of them.

This is at least for Sasha’s own good. Even with the violence in her life being deferred, it’s still there. And even ignoring Denny Park, it can erupt in her life at any moment. She may need time now to process, but she at least has some time to do that. And be better prepared the next time round.

Edit: I forgot that this was sort of a test run too with Fuzzy sharing memories. And…. That looks like a really bad idea. As with Sasha, the Blake Island kiddies think they’d want to know. And as with Sasha, they’re super not prepared for the realities of such. Add in the factor that the kiddies can be vengeful, petty, and any number of things, and sharing the memories is just asking for it to blow up in Fuzzy’s face.

Keldulas fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 31, 2021

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Seems like the wizard school competition thing is just a tad too slow. At least it's conditioning Julie to sudden violence in front of her...?

Joyce wanting to improve himself isn't necessarily bad, its just too bad that he's going at it from the toxic masculinity angle.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I think this does mark the first incident of Mrs. Maureen going to be horrified by an event without it being the main kids fault this time. Goooooo team.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Can't help but feel that Denny Park is coming based off the fact that Julian is now officially tied up for the 'next few days and possibly weeks'. So while the future they saw isn't strictly correct, that's a very good reason as to why he's not with the kids when poo poo happens.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I'll be honest, I was expecting the social media to be something more along the lines of 'Size Queen Nogway' more than being about Marco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
At least we have some wholesomeness with Kenji's golem project to look forward to.

Funny thing is that I'm pretty sure the golem trash cleaner could be argued to be work for the student contest thing.