Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Just binge-read this entire thread: took 7 hours, but was worth it. Wish I'd found it earlier, but glad to be able to shape the story from here onwards. Your writing is incredible, Ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

CourValant posted:

Marco asks who's hungry and they all go grab a bite to eat.

I'm serious.

No one in this situation would begin questioning Edwards, and really, what are you going to ask him? What is even meaningful right now?

So, we do what we normally do when someone has an emotional break down.

We let them cry, we let them vent, we let them scrape themselves back together. Then, we feed them, which always makes everyone feel better, and, never underestimate the power of a shared meal.

Then, we make a call to Julian, because we can't just cram Edwards back into Kenji and go back to taking class. That old deal is dead; we're going to have to come up with a new one.

Yea this: While Fuzzy might incourteously probe into the details of how this works over food(because she probably doesn't know better), this is too weird to initially start questioning, even if they all believe it. Later, when they have time to think "Wait, how does this effect me? the school? Edward/Kenji? Maybe, but for now they are too... shell-shocked? Especially Sasha.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 18, 2017

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

... Yea, why would Octo be getting involved, there's so little Matrix on the island there would be nothing to watch? Idea of making it a team effort as a mini-run sounds fun, even if the objectively best idea is just a sneaky Fuzzy

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 19, 2017

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Crazycryodude posted:

Thoroughly coating all her poo poo in a slurry of blood and hair seems.... kinda extreme, but also gently caress her.

I'm pretty sure they meant that it would have traces of her DNA if they analysed it, not "literally cover her room with it"

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

There's a slight problem with the coupon stuff: Julie doesn't know about the Sasha/Fuzzy coupon book

And Julie has no clue what was going on with that vision or if it was the future: she's going to talk to the teacher first. Even then, she'd probably talk to edward/Kenji about LeBlanc first, rather than talk to Fuzzy about this poo poo- she has no clue how to deal with what Fuzzy said or gave her.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I don't think she will immediately: at the very least not till she's had a talk with the teacher about WTF was going on and what it meant. Julie isn't a brave, bold person, she's meek and doesn't like to draw attention, things which make using future knowledge quite hard for her to do.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Yea, first spend karma getting rid of racism, then max power spirit. Criminal SIN can wait. Also yea, Greater ritual makes more sense but shielding is also great.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

The happy ending for Kenji Edward is Kenji somehow getting his own body, not them merging. As was said, they are two very different people with different likes, dislikes. I don't think a new body is feasible, so the second best would be sharing a body on equal terms: not edward controlling dominating Kenji.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Kenji knows he's way out of his depth here: she's expecting him to be a spy on a mission, not a Real Boy. So I think Kenji comes straight out: he's flying solo, learnt the method himself. In return he wants info about LeBlanc: mostly to save his skin. He doesn't know about Julie's vision yet, and currently he's here to get free magic teaching and try and figure out a solution to Edward holding a dagger over his neck.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Well gently caress

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Can I say I don't think a mentor spirit fits Fuzzy as a character? She's not very spiritual and still is quite self-reliant- doing a ritual and making a pact with a metaphysical concept doesn't feel like what she'd do. Trid Phantasm for the spell, some points in Etiquette and Con, and maybe points in some more sneaky skills if there's anything cheap to pick up?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Influence, Movement, Search are good starting powers.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

He's a good teacher who knows alot of magic? Also probably comes cheap if he's doing this for redemption.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Kenji goes mix of social/combat, with most the combat stuff more on survival than offense.

Julie partakes in the drink, not being sure what to do now, and gets some basic info out him, tries to ease him into talking about his problems naturally. But does force him to have a shower at some point. Got that must stink.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

1.Stun
2. Improve Logic

Julie isn't a killer at heart: and Manabolt is a scarred spell in her memory. She wouldn't jump to it even in this situation.

Shout to Chip at the same time Influence her, Chip!

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Dec 13, 2017

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I can see Julie (trying) to just bodycheck Minuet: But using Manabolt after last time on requires conscious effort to push past the bad bits in my mind, and if Julie has enough presence of mind to do that, I don't see her willfully killing. I can see her in anger rushing forward to bodycheck Minuet with lethal intent, but not using a lethal spell

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I know Cyro is going to hate it, but say Julie works with Horizon. She knows Minuet is already getting punished, she's not as concerned with bringing down the whole Corp. I don't know what else to vote for as there's so many good options, but at least Changing the news

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

The Chip upgrade is a terrible usage of this boon, I think - when we've got so many good choices, we want to pick something that we could not have achieved otherwise. Combat magic and Chip Upgrade are both things we'll get anyways: it simply moves the timescale ahead on them. While stuff like upgrading contacts, the Power Focus, or to a lesser extent, raw nuyen are things we can't just get by waiting - and are therefore the worse options, in my opinion.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

jagadaishio posted:

Oh. So only one reward from the first set, and optionally one second reward from the next set?

Two rewards from the list. Doesn't matter what set (the second set is "unlocked" by selling out)

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

My second vote goes to Teachers. So that's Deal, News cycle, teachers in total. It's a hard choice though

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

CourValant posted:

Please elaborate? While I am aware of this will, I haven't read it, and I doubt it will make much sense to me if I did. Please explain to a SR newb.

For those who are unaware: Dunkelzahn is a dragon who got elected president of UCAS and got assassinated.

Dunkelzahn's Will posted:

To the Randall Grant Memorial Scholarship Fund, I leave 1 million nuyen to further the education of worthy but financially deprived applicants with magical potential.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

CourValant posted:

Thanks.

So, one million nuyen doesn't go very far here does it?

Blake Island tuition is 300,000 a year; one mil isn't even enough to put one student through all four years of high school.

Shhhh, the ambegueity of the value of nuyen in the setting isn't supposed to be mentioned. Also that was 20? years ago, so the fund has probably grown from other sources, and Julian did say several sources were responible for funding us: the School itself provided a good chuck of the cash, and Julian got top-ups from other funds to stretch to all three of us.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

General Practise for the clinic: It's here to help the people of Touristville.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy is definetly the type to interprete "Keep an eye on Oli" as "beat up anyone who touches her" she's seen the predatory look of some men in the barrens, if this guy reminds her of any of those she is not goin to be happy. She has enough tact to wait for Chip to find Tek though.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

This is (supposed) to be Fuzzy and Julie's thing: while it may be optimal, I don't feel right pulling other characters in. Sometimes you just got to deal with what you've got.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Scorpion

Fuzzy is the type to go for the big loud bike.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Oh good, Fuzzy is going to gently caress it up and we get to beat people up.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy will have a talk with Tek, convince him that gangs are bad. Then, she'll go to the gang house with Julie, possibly Kenji - Explain that Tek will not be joining them, neither would she, but nothing personal, no hard feelings, don't hunt Tek down for "betraying the gang" and even if Tek still wants to join, don't let him. And while she hoped they would appreciate her as an equal, she does have a spearknkfe and magic powers she hasn't used in a while. This isn't "Trading for future favours": Fuzzy doesn't have any reason to think she'd need them. This is just trying to politely but firmly put a stopper on this tale.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Wait, are we dealing with a group of 30ish local gangers who like bikes, or a local chapter of a nationwide spreading MC gang? Because I though we were dealing with the former, but if we're onto the latter, this is a different kettle of fish entirely.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

... We're getting s bit distracted from the plan to save Tek aren't we?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I'm talk about more thsn the thread meta than the plot itself(Although Fuzzy has had quite a few important conversations today: but some days months worth of events happen.) I Trust the plot is snaking its way there eventually, but as a thread we've moved the problem out of our mind.

Also Donate 5k for essentials : Fuzzy is focusing on all this comforts she could provide to others who are missing them, not on how to make things better in the long run for Rat Man.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jan 13, 2018

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Here is Sasha, trying to be a good person, proposing a solution to a problem she completely misunderstands. She's worried about their physical safety: but whst Tek and Oli need is emotional support and somewhere to belong, which working for the Cop Corporation is definitely not going to bring. Whatever the solution to this is, it's not this.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Fair fight

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Touristville rep and Swimming. Mostly because swimming feels like a punishment Coach Bolt can throw out while also being a useful skill.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

The question is, is Leblanc doing this with Kenji as a plan to help him out... or without Kenji to try and learn more about the boy who reverse-engineered her method?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Zodiac5000 posted:

Sit on the Stocks. Didn't do anything for it, Don't do anything with it.

As for what to do next? Acquire Kenji -> get wasted off his vodka connections. Dammit, I want my teenagers to cope with things in a way that promotes bonding but is undeniably unhealthy. Sasha and Fuzzy doing jello shots while Kenji eggs them on would be hilarious to read. Marco and Julie are going to be all 'You should deal with your problems like a responsible adult (Marco) or like an emotional vampire (Julie)", Kenji is just going to hear us out, say "Aight, lets drink my illegally owned toilet vodka(also pay me)", then regale us with tales of Shadowrunning in the ACHE while Sasha rants about exactly how much she is discovering she hates her corporate peers and Fuzzy inhales an entire pizza before vomiting on Kenji. NO DOWNSIDES.

I really want to do this... but how do we blow off the bodyguards?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Stunbolt/Dick-kick combo, send our spirit to find Marco

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Why are people voting for Sasha to go live in the Barrens? While objectively it may be the safest option, Sasha would hate it: she still is a corp princess, and used to that lifestyle. She can handle Moving in with Julie fine, especially if she gets Matrix access, but she couldn't handle living with Diego: let alone the fact she's a mouth to feed with few useful skills. Also, Get PCC citizenship. A SIN not tied to our name is really useful.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 18, 2018

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I'd certainly be interested: that sounds like a desl Sasha would take, if the conditions or costs weren't too onerous. It's just that at the moment the options we know of for Sasha are pretty flawed in their own ways: I don't want you to feel you "have" to come up with a compromise to keep players happy, Sasha going to the Barrens would be an interesting story, it's just a choice I don't think she would make with my understanding of her character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Ice Phisherman posted:

I did, actually. I haven't read it in years, but Paranatural is a surprisingly high quality web comic. At least for the first year or two. I can't vouch for it past that as I haven't read it.

It's really high quality, but it moves so slowly I find that it's not worth following just because it's never going to pay off and reach it's conclusions anytime soon.