Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
A curious question if you don't mind: but how did Edward, a troubled kid who grew up in what is basically a haunted ghetto, learn something like the LeBlanc method? If its supposed to be a valuable top secret corp. project, how did he get his hands on it? Its not like he could just stumble onto it through dumb luck like finding a quarter on the ground or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Honestly I could see Julie's future career path, such as is, by becoming a street doc for the Underground since it looks like medical services are in short supply down there. A way for her to make extra dosh might be leveraging Kenji's connections as a fixer to treat shadowrunners as she gains more skills and spells. Sort of like what he did for Gentoo when he first came to town.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Crazycryodude posted:

I like this. I think Fuzzy actually doesn't really pick up on Julie's homophobia, she keeps obliviously doing things to set it off and doesn't notice. Julie has to have gotten that note from Sasha, there's literally only one copy in the entire universe (as far as we know), and those coupons are only redeemable with girlfriends. So, obviously, they have to be dating behind her back, it just makes sense.

The drat thing is weathered as hell, and I'm pretty sure the "original" is pristine. Honestly she's going to be mistified and confused more than anything.

She's definitely going to ask where she got it and how, Julie's dancing around the subject notwithstanding.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Toughy posted:

Im more worried about if he rejects our guidance and want to be a gangster anyway what's the point of the meeting? Are we going to just show up to leave? Or just send Tek to say that we're not interested?

Show him the consequences of being a ganger and let him decide for himself. There's only so much you can do to help, and if he's willing to do the morally questionable poo poo (like killing people) then there's not much you can do.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Toughy posted:

Take the deal

Thought we might yell at Julian for not helping Julie enough so we've been picking up his slack

Take it. Although I feel it isn't a case of "might" but "should".

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
If Julie's been assenting people in Touristville to find magical talent, is there any way we can turn these newly discovered adepts/mages into a resource for the clinic or community? Perhaps the magic equivalent of a trade school as opposed to Ivy League like Blake Island.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ice Phisherman posted:

Remember that while I run Kenji as "mature for his age", I'm still hesitant to show something like a friends with benefits relationship with him. It's more acceptable for young men, and I understand that, but he's still sixteen. I have alluded to him going on dates and being a bit of a skirt chaser, but there are limits to what I can show or even allude to.

Just have him rent his own place to stay at for the summer, he can meet up with Octo every now and then for business and to keep tabs on her recovery.

EDIT: if they're going to be staying together, can't they chip in for rent and act as roommates or something?

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I've finally caught up after going on a thread hiatus after the first arc.

One suggestion does stick out to me due to its simplicity though:

Crazycryodude posted:

He lives in an underground tunnel with spotty ventilation, it's pretty hard to imagine a better potential situation to just flood with inert gas and knock him out. How hard can it be to find a couple tanks of nitrogen and flood his shop?

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Is that dreamscape SMG still loaded?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

SHOOT HER!
gently caress that bitch.

In all honesty it's probably going to do fuckall because it's a dream but it still gets our point across.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Deal with the Devil.

The LeBlanc Method is similar to Julie's future vision in that he's going to be hunted down and dissected for it. This situation is basically a Hobson's Choice. There's no way in hell that Marie is going to let him walk away as a loose end, "code" or not.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Jesus Christ, just let her go.

The immediate threat is resolved, and now that Edward is locked away forever it should be the last loose end that ties her to the cast. She also got a lesson in comeuppance that earned her a knuckle sandwich.

What else do you bloodthirsty murder hobos want?

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
If you're looking for parts to upgrade your computer there's a giant megathread over in SH/SC that can hook you up, although it hasn't been updated in 6 months so you might need to make a post or something.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774409

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Stay Neutral

This is nothing but a power game that we're better off not being involved in. They're not pack, just contacts and aquantiances. Whether or not Joyce comes to the realization that fascism is bad is something he needs to do on his own.