Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Just discovered/caught up on this over the past two days. It's the first entry into the Shadowrun world for me. I love it and want to learn more - thanks for both introducing me to the setting as well as your great writing. The story is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
I like happy endings but I don't see the Kenji/Edward thing ending well. Ultimately, I think we will be forced to chose between one or the other, and either choice is effectively a murder (or potentially suicide) - I don't think combining the two of them is likely. Perhaps there can be some kind of salvation found in this process, and maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect this will be about the biggest choice we end up making and it will surely be a difficult one.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
I believe lies of omission would/should still be considered lies. Like we can try to lie and say we don't remember as much as we do, however they will likely be able to tell we are withholding something. How they respond to that is unknown.

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.

Chatrapati posted:

I know I'm outvoted, but I'll vote anyway.

1. Public School. 150k is a hell of a lot of money! Julie is nice, but she's not Marco.

I also vote 1. It's just my interpretation of the Julie's character -- imaginary money might not have much value to us but I don't see her putting everything on the line to help everyone over and over again. Oddly, I think she's more likely to feel loyalty to her prison acquaintance. Is that smart? Definitely not. But I see her as very loyal to her closest friends but not willing to do go the *extra extra extra* mile for just anyone.

On a side note, given how valuable adepts / magic users are, I have to believe even with the impoverished and neglected state of Touristville, between gangs / governments / corporations I have to believe we wouldn't be the first to screen for magic. The "brain drain" of our findings makes it more believable but I have to believe there would be plenty of predatory organizations / people who would have thought of screening the populace before we did. Although, perhaps we had the advantage of the trust of the people where-areas they did not.