Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

https://globalnews.ca/news/3761000/florida-girl-fatally-shoots-self-candy/

[quote=TAMPA, Fla. – A 4-year-old Florida girl has died after accidentally pulling the trigger of a gun when she reached into her grandmother’s purse for candy.

Yanelly “Nelly” Zoller died Sept. 14 at the Tampa home of her grandparents, Michael and Christie Zoller.

Her 22-year-old father Shane Zoller told the Tampa Bay Times on Wednesday that she just wanted candy.

Tampa police told the newspaper they are investigating the case, but have no reason to doubt Zoller’s story.

Shane Zoller says he was in high school when he became a father, and if his parents had not helped with Nelly, he would have had to drop out of school. He says Nelly was “attached to her nana’s hip” and loved staying at her grandparents’ house.

Zoller shared custody with the girl’s mother.]

[/quote]

Lmao America is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
She probably told her to look for the hidden candy

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

That's actually really depressing. Thanks.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Also if the four year old had a gun this would probably still have happened

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
We had a "Gun deaths in America" thread but mods closed it because how dare you point out things like that so often

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"shot herself" my rear end. Nobody touches Grandma's candy. Nobody.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Why wasn't that poo poo unloaded and on safety

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

EugeneJ posted:

We had a "Gun deaths in America" thread but mods closed it because how dare you point out things like that so often

Because most of the posters are angry shutin retards whose only claim to power is having a device that ends lives close by.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

When I was a ten year old my uncle had a gun rack that was complete and total free access, I remember it like yesterday, I would grab a shotgun and a couple of slugs and just blast at the air in the field like a munchkin lunatic, those were truly the good old days.

Now I realize I am truly fortunate that I did not explode my brains out of my skull and that my uncle was a terribly irresponsible man.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

EugeneJ posted:

Well, this isn't a gun deaths in America thread. It's about a 4 year old girl shooting herself, probably in the face, trying to get candy out of her grandmas purse. This 4 year old should have known that every responsible citizen has a fully loaded firearm within arms reach at all times, off safety.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Sjs00 posted:

Why wasn't that poo poo unloaded and on safety

Lmfao

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

It's a shame the grandmother didn't have Life Savers in her purse too.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
[quote="“Sjs00”" post="“476630036”"]
Why wasn’t that poo poo unloaded and on safety
[/quote]

most revolvers don’t have safeties lol

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

shouldn't have gone stealing candy huh

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
22yr old dad, 4 yr old kid, Florida.

:thunk:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

JebanyPedal posted:

When I was a ten year old my uncle had a gun rack that was complete and total free access, I remember it like yesterday, I would grab a shotgun and a couple of slugs and just blast at the air in the field like a munchkin lunatic, those were truly the good old days.

Now I realize I am truly fortunate that I did not explode my brains out of my skull and that my uncle was a terribly irresponsible man.
but now that you survived you can watch videos of idiots looking down the barrels of their own guns and :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_sLF3OBtc8

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

that four-year-old was no angel

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

Well, this isn't a gun deaths in America thread. It's about a 4 year old girl shooting herself, probably in the face, trying to get candy out of her grandmas purse. This 4 year old should have known that every responsible citizen has a fully loaded firearm within arms reach at all times, off safety.

Guess she didn't find the Smarties

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

that four-year-old was no angel

Maybe now

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Big loving deal. If she didn't shoot herself she would have found some other way to commit suicide

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

four year old ain't pulling the trigger on no double action either grandma rolls cocked and unlocked

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
she's eating candy in heaven now

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I'd prefer she be eaten by gators but I'll allow it.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

four year old ain't pulling the trigger on no double action either grandma rolls cocked and unlocked

maybe not that locke-

E: durrr me read good

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

I have a small arsenal but don't carry. But even if I did carry I wouldn't carry a safety-less revolver.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Actually safeties don't really matter if you carry in a holster.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Have Blue posted:

22yr old dad, 4 yr old kid, Florida.

:thunk:

You know sometimes you have a kid too young and you miss out on the carefree time of your early/mid twenties when you have no responsibilities? Well, and try to keep an open mind here, I have some good news.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
4 year old in joint custody mostly raised by their grandparents.

Probably better off tbh.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

more like 4 year owned

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Revolvers don't have safeties, but as far as I know some people who carry for self defense intentionally carry guns without safeties, or with the safeties off. The logic being that a gun in a proper holster won't go off, and that there's one less step when you need to use it in a dangerous situation. Others carry guns with safeties and train to disengage them while drawing (also from a proper holster). This poo poo was just lying in a purse though.

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 21, 2017

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

4 year old in joint custody mostly raised by their grandparents.

Probably better off tbh.

Thats loving horrible

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
When I was little my parents taught me that it's not appropriate to go through people's private belongings. Looks like grandma just did the same.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
this is p sad

not opposed to guns per se but americans in general are too stupid to be trusted with them

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

gary oldmans diary posted:

but now that you survived you can watch videos of idiots looking down the barrels of their own guns and :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_sLF3OBtc8

Not gonna lie I actually totally did that, the fact that I'm still alive is a terrible mistake.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope Trump condemns the violence on both sides again.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
this is why you secure your firearm on your person with a holster

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
That four-year got way too interested in Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the new IT movie but instead of a sewer it’s a candy purse and instead of a clown it’s a snubbnosed revolver

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

walgreenslatino posted:

this is why you secure your firearm on your person with a holster

No this is why you don't walk around with loaded weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Americas gun laws have seriously broken the average American citizens brain, among other things lol

• Locked thread