Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

the surest sign you致e never handled a firearm in your life is arguing that firearms are intuitive to handle

Literally hundreds of years of engineering oriented around making them trivial for the dregs of society to operate with only the briefest of introductions and you're still too stupid to figure out how to work one lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Literally hundreds of years of engineering oriented around making them trivial for the dregs of society to operate with only the briefest of introductions and you're still too stupid to figure out how to work one lol

I can imagine a certain someone delivering this line.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

And I think the chances of autos failing in a moment of need is enormously overblown. Good quality autos will have a mean time between failures of something like 10,000-20,000 rounds. And the percentage of factory loaded rounds that are duds is essentially zero.

Like the chance of it being an issue is probably 1 in 500 million whereas the chance that you'll have a situation where you need more than the 6 rounds in a revolver is 1 in 200 million, so...

As long as you shoot your new gun a hundred times or three to make sure there aren't any factory defects, and make sure the ammo that you're going to use plays nice with your particular gun, you can then stick it in your nightstand and pull it out 10 years later and it has a 99.99999% chance of operating flawlessly.

The only time I've ever had issues:
1. A brand new very tight 1911. And it still would have worked fine in a home defense scenario because it didn't start getting gummed up until after 20 or 30 rounds went through it.
2. A particular gun that didn't play well with a specific ammo, which was identified before I even shot it (the rounds didn't feed very smoothly) but I confirmed it by shooting it anyway and had an out of battery detonation.
3. Cheapshit extended capacity handgun magazines that you know aren't going to work worth a poo poo but you buy one anyway cause it looks cool.

Anyway, the moral of the story is if you're going to pack heat around toddlers maybe get a gun that has a safety and/or don't ever put it/leave it/carry it anywhere where the toddler could get access to it.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

scrubs season six posted:

And I think the chances of autos failing in a moment of need is enormously overblown. Good quality autos will have a mean time between failures of something like 10,000-20,000 rounds. And the percentage of factory loaded rounds that are duds is essentially zero.

Anyway, the moral of the story is if you're going to pack heat around toddlers maybe get a gun that has a safety and/or don't ever put it/leave it/carry it anywhere where the toddler could get access to it.

Cool, thanks for the input. You've changed my thoughts about the reliability of revolvers compared to handguns.

*buys a taurus*

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Fran軋is.

Mr.Tophat posted:

Cool, thanks for the input. You've changed my thoughts about the reliability of revolvers compared to handguns.

*buys a taurus*

This is still my favorite firearm fuckup. Courtesy of the Rio 2016 thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_YWNo1f-o&t=70s

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
buzzkill headline thread!

She chose to die so she could give birth. Now her newborn is dead, too.

I mean..... that's a doozy

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

1617: the King of Austria issues matchlock arquebuses to his levies because, despite taking a fortnight to load and a tendency to blow up in the user's face, they're easier for illiterate potato farmers to figure out than the bow and arrow, a literal caveman tool.

2017: a college-educated man who makes a comfortable living in the global 1% doing something with computers announces guns are unintuitive to use

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

EorayMel posted:

This is still my favorite firearm fuckup. Courtesy of the Rio 2016 thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_YWNo1f-o&t=70s

That was the exact video that made me aware of the absolute shitshow that is the Taurus.

Holy gently caress. That's a headline that would make the Addams Family cheerful.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

1617: the King of Austria issues matchlock arquebuses to his levies because, despite taking a fortnight to load and a tendency to blow up in the user's face, they're easier for illiterate potato farmers to figure out than the bow and arrow, a literal caveman tool.

2017: a college-educated man who makes a comfortable living in the global 1% doing something with computers announces guns are unintuitive to use

Are you itching to step outside to the parking lot or something? lol eitherway

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク
do you guys even know how many grandmas in florida get rapped every year?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
[quote="鄭 Wizard of Goatse" post="476633765"]
1617: the King of Austria issues matchlock arquebuses to his levies because, despite taking a fortnight to load and a tendency to blow up in the user痴 face, they池e easier for illiterate potato farmers to figure out than the bow and arrow, a literal caveman tool.

[/quote]

post the insurance claim when you shoot your toes off

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Fran軋is.
:moonrio:

Whoops attachments didn't work.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This dumb old bitch carries around a cocked single action, because only the lightest of trigger pulls are operable by her hosed up arthritic claw hands.

Then in a dementia addled stupour she leaves it unattended near a toddler.

She should do the world a favour and fall over in the loving shower.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

jazzyhattrick posted:

This dumb old bitch carries around a cocked single action, because only the lightest of trigger pulls are operable by her hosed up arthritic claw hands.

Mmm, very harsh.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

JebanyPedal posted:

Mmm, very harsh.

Less harsh than her firearm however.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

jazzyhattrick posted:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

jazzyhattrick posted:

She was just sick and tired of that bitch sniping her Worther's Originals and finally decided to do something about it

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

jazzyhattrick posted:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

She misheard, "Got a light?" as "Gonna light [me up]?"

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You can learn how to operate an M16 with a picture only instruction manual, literally anyone you find on the street can be taught how to use a gun in a short period of time before being shipped away to war, thats the entire point.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Girl leaves this plane of existence with a perfect 1.000 K/D ratio.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I'm just glad that no matter how bad the American education system gets, Americans will always be able shoot themselves, regardless of age and level of retardation.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
One last trip to flavortown

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Parents, its never too soon to talk to your children about the dangers of shooting up.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

This is the Tampa-est story in the world.

Tampa Bay has some okay spots like St. Pete but for the most part it has lots of population saturation from the swamp mutants in the surrounding rural areas. In other words a lot of the people here are really, really dumb. Terrible drivers too

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
is this a dead kids thread or a gun violence thread?

not sure how upset I should get about all this!

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Thoughts and prayers.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

the surest sign you致e never handled a firearm in your life is arguing that firearms are intuitive to handle

thread was worth it for this hilarious post :laugh:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Away all Goats posted:

"this is fine" -america

The kid should have had a gun because everyone with guns makes things safer

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

N. Senada posted:

is this a dead kids thread or a gun violence thread?

not sure how upset I should get about all this!

It's actually a Florida thread

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Looks like she found the Walther's Originals

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bobcats posted:

:lol:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
this is why you should ask your kid which one's their favorite stuffed animal, then make them shoot it, so they respect and fear the power of a gun

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Bobcats posted:

:drat:
That's some good poo poo right there.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Grandma should get the chair.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

She's probably got a walker already so a chair's really the next step for her.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

hahahaha bulgogi wants to hate bob so much he'll double-down on "guns are intensely difficult machines to comprehend, requiring advanced degrees in physics and math."

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Literal children in Africa use AKs to fight for warlords.

Guns are idiot proof.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

frogge posted:

She's probably got a walker already so a chair's really the next step for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymQUIimLQck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bobcats posted:

• Locked thread