Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Kids getting themselves killed is just one of those aspects of wide gun ownership you can't really get around.

Sorta like common safety regulations at workplaces put seemingly needless barriers between even seemingly obvious tools and employees because too many idiots hurt themselves, we should probably do something about household guns as you can't really expect every person to be the ideal owner. You sorta either accept there's gonna be some percentage of accidents with less regulation or you accept that the rights of non-idiots need to be infringed to stop the idiots, there's no real middleground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Literal children in Africa use AKs to fight for warlords.

Guns are idiot proof.

A coked up 12 year old soldier has a lot more street learning though.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Why even leave a gun in the purse and have a grandchild kill themself with it? Not like they'll remember it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Solice Kirsk posted:

A coked up 12 year old soldier has a lot more street learning though.

Perfect. So now we just need a mandatory program for kids on gun safety. Get 'em coked up and they'll learn super fast!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Perfect. So now we just need a mandatory program for kids on gun safety. Get 'em coked up and they'll learn super fast!

Sounds like a plan! You start spreading resentment of the current government and I'll start militarizing fringe groups!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Bobcats posted:

Looks like she found the Walther's Originals

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Bobcats posted:

There it is

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
not even Florida Man's job is safe from the PC gestapo, its affirmative action all the way up

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Photoshop thread?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 22, 2017

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bobcats posted:

i hate how good this is

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Florida: big surprise.

Don't lump the rest of us in with that.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bobcats posted:

Forever quote

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I really wish the NRA hadn't effectively outlawed research into gun violence in the 90s, just imagine how much hilarious child death info we're missing out on.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bobcats posted:

Props.

This is seriously depressing. loving hell Nana this isn't the 40s people notice when kids go missing now.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Guy Mann posted:

I really wish the NRA hadn't effectively outlawed research into gun violence in the 90s, just imagine how much hilarious child death info we're missing out on.

To be somewhat fair most gun control proponents attack violent crime which has been repeatedly demonstrated to not correlate to gun laws, even in before/after graphs of countries that banned them.

We should instead focus on liability issues related to stuff like the OP or stuff like domestic altercations escalating due to access of guns if we want to make a strong argument over harm reduction.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

How's grandma taking all this

I'm worried about her

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Sep 22, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Photoshop thread?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

:chanpop: I love it

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Zorodius posted:

this is why you should ask your kid which one's their favorite stuffed animal, then make them shoot it, so they respect and fear the power of a gun

this is good. everyone enjoy this like I did.

edit: i'm not the greatest parent

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Zorodius posted:

this is why you should ask your kid which one's their favorite stuffed animal, then make them shoot it, so they respect and fear the power of a gun

A modern classic:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

How's grandma taking all this

I'm worried about her

Has there ever been a documentary or something about incidents like this, and how the people responsible for them handle it?

I mean, do they double down on their responsible gun ownership, or what?

I just gotta wonder if it plays out like a confrontation on Hoarders.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Babies shooting themselves in the face with grandmas revolver sound fun in theory.

Any good info on ammo type/gun manufacturer so we can discuss if they're appropriate for senile self defence ?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

People injured in vehicle accidents: over 1 million last year

Gun related: over 44 thousand

:thunk:

It's cool, guns are the only problem and goons admitting to driving on any substance are literally the coolest

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This is really sad and depressing. Holy poo poo. I was ready to be really goddamn depressed and sad when some smug and weird little neoliberal who shits their pants at the mere thought of a person posessing a firearm came in here and used a tragedy to advance their nonsense anti-gun politics lol.

I'm still sad, but now i'm wishing this forum was a real physical space so i could pelt this nerd with spitwads!!!!!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
:lol: at the micropenised gun nuts coming out itt

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

PathAsc posted:

It's cool, guns are the only problem and goons admitting to driving on any substance are literally the coolest

Post the babies stepping on the gas accident because Americans are retarded enough that this must be a thing

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
WASTED!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

unpacked robinhood posted:

Americans are retarded

As an American I........can confirm

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fanatic posted:

I wouldn't need a gun to compensate for my small penis if you would stop micropenis shaming

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fanatic posted:

Where does this leave grandma's penis though

edit: Oh, it was in her purse

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

basic hitler posted:

This is really sad and depressing. Holy poo poo. I was ready to be really goddamn depressed and sad when some smug and weird little neoliberal who shits their pants at the mere thought of a person posessing a firearm came in here and used a tragedy to advance their nonsense anti-gun politics lol.

I'm still sad, but now i'm wishing this forum was a real physical space so i could pelt this nerd with spitwads!!!!!

get rid of all the guns

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Fanatic posted:

Are you that reporter that got PTSD from shooting a gun? Lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

PathAsc posted:

tehere can be more than one problem sonny

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

PathAsc posted:

This might be the stupidest post I've ever seen, and I'm not even anti gun

1) I like how the statistics specifies injuries, not deaths. You're way more likely to be dead from a gun accident than a car accident, skewing your stupid numbers because it doesn't include dead people

2) Virtually 90% of the American public drives. The percentage that own guns is substantially lower, further skewing your dumb numbers

3) Driving is basically essential to living in a vast majority of the country. Having a gun does not have that same sort of importance to lives and the economy

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

yea but which number is bigger

checkmate...bitch

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
When I was a kid I had a "laser pistol" that just let out an infernal noise every time I pulled the trigger.
Amazingly I never got shot.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

PathAsc posted:

Vehicles: Designed specifically to get person X from point A to point B.
Guns: Designed with the specific purpose of maiming and/or killing carbon-based lifeforms.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

guns get you from point A to the grave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

unpacked robinhood posted:

Post the babies stepping on the gas accident because Americans are retarded enough that this must be a thing

There was a 7 year old here back in the 90's that drowned himself by doing this.

Zzulu posted:

tehere can be more than one problem sonny

I agree, read my post again. There should be a better means of screening buyers, not that that fixes the weapons trafficking between here and Mexico.

do u know jenny posted:

This might be the stupidest post I've ever seen, and I'm not even anti gun

1) I like how the statistics specifies injuries, not deaths. You're way more likely to be dead from a gun accident than a car accident, skewing your stupid numbers because it doesn't include dead people

2) Virtually 90% of the American public drives. The percentage that own guns is substantially lower, further skewing your dumb numbers

3) Driving is basically essential to living in a vast majority of the country. Having a gun does not have that same sort of importance to lives and the economy

Injuries include the deaths. An overall number is actually important when comparing, and again both are issues.

Ownership of either is either is a personal choice, there's plenty of people that suck it the gently caress up and use public transportation if available or use non-motorized means. I've done both in many places, and not just over short distances.

Tragedies happen, but you still have to take into account targeted violence with both, as well as the violence from vehicular shootings. Both of these are serious issues, I'll never disagree with this.

Yeah, the deaths vs injuries are worth looking at, but don't pretend that running over a crowd of people with a two ton vehicle and causing injuries is less bad. Hmmm suffering over a long period of time sounds great. Both things are dangerous and different issues, but neither is unimportant.

If I wasn't phone posting I'd give you a better breakdown, but work isn't over for a while.

• Locked thread