Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pissdude posted:

i don't really see how it's possible or likely that an entire game from design to development time to asset development, paying voice actors, blah blah blah can ultimately cost less than a balance change + character pack for sf5. I feel like that's just actually impossible and has kind of become a meme

this is in no way a defense of mvci but ive heard the "mvci cost less than a season of sf5 dlc" and it just doesn't seem even remotely rational to me
90% of the assets and voice clips are reused from mvc3, or other games. that much is objective fact. there's about 6 actually new characters in the game, which is about as many as a season of sfv dlc.

combine that with the fact that sfv characters look better and animate better than mvci characters, the clear lack of any kind of testing or gameplay balance, the complete lack of marketing, and there being like two songs in the game, it's a pretty believable figure.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Endorph posted:

90% of the assets and voice clips are reused from mvc3, or other games. that much is objective fact. there's about 6 actually new characters in the game, which is about as many as a season of sfv dlc.

I'm not sure about the voice clips. Dormammu's quotes have notably worse delivery in Infinite vs. Ultimate

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chaotic Flame posted:

I'm not sure about the voice clips. Dormammu's quotes have notably worse delivery in Infinite vs. Ultimate
I think most of the marvel characters were revoiced but they definitely reused clips for a lot of the capcom characters.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

the game is already having a 40% sale on steam, mid week :stare:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Booyah- posted:

the game is already having a 40% sale on steam, mid week :stare:

still too much

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like the music for MvC2. Even that goofy rap album set to the BGM was kind of fun.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

pissdude posted:

this is in no way a defense of mvci but ive heard the "mvci cost less than a season of sf5 dlc" and it just doesn't seem even remotely rational to me

FWIW that guy misquoted; what they said was that it cost less than the entire DLC budget for SF5. Given that SF5 was basically strung together as a GaaS platform, it probably has a much larger DLC budget than is typical, while MVCI obviously had a much lower dev budget than is typical.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mvci cost 5 dollars and a wendy's baconator to make

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

the definitive comparison between MVC3 and Infinite is looking at Ghost Rider's level 3 in both games

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

DLC Inc posted:

the definitive comparison between MVC3 and Infinite is looking at Ghost Rider's level 3 in both games

I'd blocked that from my mind. Jesus, how the hell did Capcom think this was going to go giving this game no budget, no characters, and no soul?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

If you can't exchange the game and still feel obligated to play it, whoever gets the first hit wins almost every fight. Just do a knockdown, meaty super or multi-hitting disjointed/projectile special, and tag. The tag is safe and the opponent has to hold your mixup. There's also a super easy unblockable you can do with anybody in the game (make their character face the wrong way and then hit with a low) until Capcom decides to patch it out or whatever, but yeah that's the whole game.

If you want proof, look up basically any tournament footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-iiCcCa9eo

i cannot believe you people are still making GBS threads up this thread with pointless posts

just shut gently caress up about this game if you dont like it already. Christ.

EDIT: Evertime I see this thread updated i keep thinking something new has been announced. nope just more empty shitposting :smith:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

People can't be mad/want to vent because a series they liked is probably done for because Capcom put out a turd?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Race Realists posted:

i cannot believe you people are still making GBS threads up this thread with pointless posts

EDIT: Evertime I see this thread updated i keep thinking something new has been announced. nope just more empty shitposting :smith:

Your bitching is far more pointless and vacuous than the post you quoted.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Race Realists posted:

things getting broke or fixed is the only thing happening with the game though you should just unsubscribe from the thread honestly

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dude, the things he said in that post are literally objectively true.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Race Realists posted:

10/10 gameplay

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Race Realists posted:

if you'll notice there's actually a pretty tried and true trend on forums threads where the discussion at hand usually reflects popular opinions - if you go into threads for games that are well liked and played, youll see a lot of discussion and people praising the game, but also criticisms.

this thread is no different, there have been discussions of criticisms, and also some praise (however small or infrequent). it seems like you dont realize that because this game is almost universally reviled, this discussion forums thread seems to be filled mostly with criticism and people's discussion of how they don't like the game or other things surrounding it.

thats how forums threads work man im sorry

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

DLC Inc posted:

honestly I think if this had a bigger budget and a better roster it'd have done better. only putting in 4 new characters at launch with repeats of a lot of poo poo nobody should care for, along with possibly the worst sound and music in any fighting game I've ever played, was a loving mistake. like, why on earth would you abandon all the great themes you had from MVC 1 and 3? people will say KOF looks ugly but they tried their best with limited resources and at least all the animations and shaders fit the art style. MVCI had some bewildering contrasts where some characters looked like absolute dogshit while others looked way better. it's a loving mess and I don't even think the X-Men could save it now.

I don't want you to think you're wrong, because you're not wrong. The thing is that you can pull any noun out of a hat and this game could have used a better version of it.

I think the only thing that they didn't gently caress up was being able to set your buttons on character select (which makes it even more ironic that it took players from other games to convince the Marvel players to stop doing button checks).

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i thought this thread was dead

like the game

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

As we move into day 1 of Marvel doomsday, I just would like to say netcode is still better than sfv.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I still like this game but gently caress did the writers go all out on the character interactions on DBFZ :stare:

i have an old mad catz XB360 fightstick. Are there any converters i can buy to use it on PS4?

and with that my watch has ended

*unfav's thread*

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Race Realists posted:

I still like this game but gently caress did the writers go all out on the character interactions on DBFZ :stare:

i have an old mad catz XB360 fightstick. Are there any converters i can buy to use it on PS4?

and with that my watch has ended

*unfav's thread*

Brooks converter is probably the best bang for your buck. I believe it adds minimal delay

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Keegers posted:

Brooks converter is probably the best bang for your buck. I believe it adds minimal delay

Many thanks

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheGrimMagician/status/961074501264949248

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://twitter.com/Floejisan/status/961069001840328704

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

It's for the best. Maybe Capcom will wake up now.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Lol remember when it was capcom's big plan to use evo to promote marvel and make their big esports push? whoops.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mvci was capcoms first totally in house fighting game in years. Strong effort.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This is what happens when you give a game less of a budget than SF5 DLC.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I guess they should have made something that functioned :shrug:

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

This game blows it deserves to be dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
10/10 games played in a parking lot