Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

Brosnan posted:

You can actually make something visually distinct and also not look like poo poo. There's an entire industry for it, in fact.

It would be a lot easier to just say "Yeah sorry I'm not really a designer but if anyone wanted to hook me up with some ideas that would be cool" instead of calling everyone autistic because they recognize that stroke-bevel-stencil font isn't a good look.

I mean, the only thing worse for your image than that would be if cams were doing his weird aggro white knight routine on your behalf or something.
i've avoided you because in the days when i'd hang out on irc and get blackout drunk you are the one person who i did a hurtful thing to that i regret. i'd claim negligence but it doesn't excuse it so i don't mess with you cause you have legit beef.

but the guy said 3 times he was cool with it and liked what he was doing, stop acting like you're doing it to "help him." you're doing it to bully a guy and feel superior in the thread for the game that none of you play. i saw you guys spend years in a chat room linking posts here, discussing them, then jumping in to post about how dumb those people are and how good and smart you guys are. now you're legit trying to act like you were just doing him a favor and he's the rear end in a top hat for not accepting and adapting to the criticism he didn't ask for? you guys want to be internet fighting game elitists because it makes you feel good, stop acting like it's for other people's benefit.

~gently caress off~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yo mamma a Horus posted:

this youtube vid isn't up to industry standards!

lmfao

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I don't know why you guys are so adamant about making these things look as crude as possible but they do legitimately look as unappealing as can be achieved in Photoshop, and assuming the original "they're meant to draw attention" comment is the real one and "thumbnails don't matter" was the fake one, my man obviously wants people to click on these eyesores, and there's three of them for every conceivable subject and they all look like poo poo so it's to everyone's benefit if their design looked halfway competent.

Here's a free piece of advice: big shapes and sharp value contrast is what draws the eye to something. This is how every book cover in the world is designed to catch the eye on a bookstore shelf and it applies to a wall of Youtube thumbnails as well. Stop touching bevel and stroke and glow and all the other bell & whistle buttons and come up with a design that has very simple contrast and that's how you make a video thumbnail stand out. The more poo poo you tack onto your letters the more noisy and garbled the shapes are. It's literally doing the opposite of what you want and it's an affront to the eyes so cut it out.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

That thumbnail looks back, panders to the lowest common denominator and while it is identifiable, it’s not something you should want to be identified with.

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music

Reiley posted:

Some BS nobody asked for

Hey guys instead of nitpicking the content this guy is posting, maybe you could actually talk about the game? Like, three DLC characters were released and the only person posting content for them is getting dogpiled with advice he didn't ask for. He's obviously not trying to get youtube famous, like, maybe you could actually talk about the game?

Lord

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Game sucks, that thumbnail sucks. Everything is right in the world.

edit: dogpile on deez nuts - zand

GabbiLB fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 21, 2017

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
If a goon is taking time to post poo poo about your fonts, he probably interacts with your content enough to care about its success, or at least cares enough to help see to it that your efforts yield hopefully better results. Or just wants the font to stop showing up in his recommended list.

I mean ya they're talking poo poo but sometimes that's just how goons care for each other. Don't gotta take it to heart if you're happy as is. I like the vids fine.

But I also play Tekken 7, a far more spiritually fulfilling fighting game.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Tekken is a good game and y’all should play it. Also MonHun does big dick damage and I find that admirable.

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music

Lothire posted:

....play Tekken 7, a far more spiritually fulfilling fighting game.

Not emptyquoting

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the #1 thing i do when sharing stuff i made is instead of taking criticism i just say gently caress you over and over again

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Let's obsess over a font even though most fgc videos a incredibly basic and don't look very good

cams
Mar 28, 2003

anime was right posted:

the #1 thing i do when sharing stuff i made is instead of taking criticism i just say gently caress you over and over again

anime was right posted:

no wonder evil canadian likes abigail, the poor fucker is blind

anime was right posted:

im really proud of you overcoming your handicap to make videos and play fighting games
evil canadian why did you not take this super helpful and constructive criticism that qas clearly posted for YOUR benefit. in fact i am offended you did not thank him for his help

this is the hilarious stuff that keeps me coming back. when called on the masturbatory tribal cunty nonsense, you guys get super defensive and act like it is ~for the greater good~

i do not think anyone will top that guy who seriously came at me acting like his video game purchases were moral/political anti-capitalist statements and that i was a fascist. godamn, i still enjoy that.

game is fun, spidey/chun powerstone is the most fun i've had in a fighting game in a long time. i like all 3 of the new characters and monster hunter is extremely cool.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

evil canadian i think its cool that you actually play fgs and make videos for them and have a unique style for your video content - youre right, i always know when its one of YOUR videos which achieves its intended effect

you didn't ask for any of this criticism regarding the aesthetics of your video thumbnails and although producing content inevitably opens you up for unwanted criticism i think it is dumb that people are dogpiling on you and getting upset that you aren't bowing to their will or demands and changing your poo poo up when you have no impetus to

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

pissdude posted:

evil canadian i think its cool that you actually play fgs and make videos for them and have a unique style for your video content - youre right, i always know when its one of YOUR videos which achieves its intended effect

you didn't ask for any of this criticism regarding the aesthetics of your video thumbnails and although producing content inevitably opens you up for unwanted criticism i think it is dumb that people are dogpiling on you and getting upset that you aren't bowing to their will or demands and changing your poo poo up when you have no impetus to

Nice white knighting bro.....

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

pissdude posted:

Excuse me please stick to the offsite goon fighting game hivemind and insult him and his fonts or you will be removed from the circlejerk

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
it's marvel, guys.

stop giving a poo poo.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
what a weird loving turn of events in this thread.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://twitter.com/marvelvscapcom/status/921910986688172032

I hope whoever gets this uses it by waiting 98 seconds before doing a move

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

canoshiz posted:

anyone who has to use a stone to win is weak

the infinity stones taught me that honor does actually have a place in fgs as most of these stones have the same effect of some rear end in a top hat loving your game up in some way. like the power stone is the equivalent of someone slapping the controller out of your hands and the other stone they announced is some rear end in a top hat rigging the brackets

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

canoshiz posted:

Hahahahah that would actually be amazing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

can't be sure without being given fine print, but the wording makes me feel like someone would just have to give up the first hit, so they could tag as soon as they gain the second meter. tricky because the latter part of the wording particularly mentions "executing the first combo of the match" so maybe you just gotta eat it? oh well ridiculous nonsense, good poo poo.

cloud805 beat sonicfox in grand finals to take the power stone, recommend watching if you didn't see it. extremely competitive.

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/921920336622260225

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Nice white knighting bro.....

you could always shut the gently caress up and not drag the nerd circlejerk even further? hth

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Evil Canadian posted:

I don't care about it looking pretty it just needs to be functional.

Hi, it's me, they guy who got this joke.

Nice job!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Some news Combofiend has left Capcom. Guessing they let him go after his mistakes with PR and Infinite's lack of success.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Race Realists posted:

you could always shut the gently caress up and not drag the nerd circlejerk even further? hth

you would know

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Some news Combofiend has left Capcom. Guessing they let him go after his mistakes with PR and Infinite's lack of success.

haha yeah gently caress that guy for Gaming Development decisions that were completely beyond his control ruining mahvel.

also FUNSHINS:downs:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
To be fair I hear Japanese’s corporate culture is absolute poo poo especially when they’re running branches in other countries not used to their style

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Romes128 posted:

To be fair I hear Japanese’s corporate culture is absolute poo poo especially when they’re running branches in other countries not used to their style

its nothing short of depressing seeing Capcom USA try to cover up for Capcom Japan's Pants-on-head retarded business decisions :smith:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Race Realists posted:

haha yeah gently caress that guy for Gaming Development decisions that were completely beyond his control ruining mahvel.

also FUNSHINS:downs:

Can't blame him for anything. And I wish him luck int he future. But the the functions comment made him look really bad which is likely one of the reasons for this.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 28, 2017

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Romes128 posted:

Because nobody is close to insane enough to put themselves through the same poo poo that japanese workers put themselves through. But hey they want to limit overtime to a maximum of 100 hours per month in the near future after quite a few people killed themselves or died of heart failure after working 120+ hours overtime per month regulary, in the recent past.

Yeah and I doubt Combofiend had much input about anything in the company. If at all some input on gameplay and Infinite's gameplay is fun in parts at least (e.g not Reality Stone). Hopefully he finds a fulfilling job since he seemed to be a nice guy most of the time in the past outside of corporate shilling and gets back to playing if he still wants to.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

MonsterEnvy posted:

Can't blame him for anything. And I wish him luck int he future. But the the functions comment made him look really bad which is likely one of the reasons for this.

One PR misstep--and it's not that much of a misstep; the community was waiting to pounce on something and he was the unlucky target--wouldn't be enough to get him fired, if he was fired at all.

For all we know, he was a contract hire and Capcom didn't opt to renew it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wanderer posted:

One PR misstep--and it's not that much of a misstep; the community was waiting to pounce on something and he was the unlucky target--wouldn't be enough to get him fired, if he was fired at all.

For all we know, he was a contract hire and Capcom didn't opt to renew it.

Combined with two unsuccessful game she was involved in.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Look for Combofiend at an upcoming Xrd tournament alongside his good friend Mike Ross.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The gimmick tournaments for MvCi sound like the worst loving thing. You can apparently select your opponents team if you get the reality stone gimmick at one of the tournaments?

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

KungFu Grip posted:

The gimmick tournaments for MvCi sound like the worst loving thing. You can apparently select your opponents team if you get the reality stone gimmick at one of the tournaments?

It's Mind Stone that does that actually, Reality Stone hasn't been announced yet. Keep in mind that if you lose while you have a stone, the winner gets to take it. Granted, Mind Stone does seem like an auto win to me?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

2MB posted:

It's Mind Stone that does that actually, Reality Stone hasn't been announced yet. Keep in mind that if you lose while you have a stone, the winner gets to take it. Granted, Mind Stone does seem like an auto win to me?

The Reality Stone is free therapy sessions after you realize the reality of your situation, playing MVCI in tournaments.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

it's almost time for the big tournament on this exciting game! who's pumped?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I am sad i bought this ugly game i dont play and im only gonna watch tournaments to see if fchamp can lose at a game he helped design

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i thought this thread was dead :v:

hopefully the thread will update start bitching about venoms voice? Hopefully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
10/10 gameplay

• Locked thread