Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

SirKibbles posted:

Would they have the spine though?

it was ignorance that had them do it before, not bravery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Treta started today, so just in case you guys want international numbers for MVCI: we got 35 players, which is a far cry from the heyday of UMVC3 and SF4, and narrowly beats T7 by 1 participant. Injustice has 21, GG got 20 (which is actually a decent turnout, the "major" for anime in Brazil is Heaven or Hell and they get like 30~ there), KOF got 16 (KOF is dead) and as far as I'm aware SFV actually got a full 128-man tournament, huh.

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTYhajgfEGM

Monster Hunter, Black Panther, and Sigma are releasing on October 17th.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Always wanted to play as buzz light-year in a fighting game.

E: I know sigma came out before toy story.

Keegers fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 4, 2017

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Now I'm an idiot who thinks the graphics in this game are fine, but sigma looks really out of place.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fellblade posted:

Now I'm an idiot who thinks the graphics in this game are fine, but sigma looks really out of place.

His alt looks better

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

His alt looks better

YEASSSSSSSSE:getin:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
god that is some BAD voice acting on sigma

christ he sounds like a death metal vocalist :stare:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Sigma looks neat.

I like the counter-teleport slash move.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Honestly if his theme isn't his X5 theme I don't know what to tell you.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Apparently Sonicfox dumpstered FChamp in a FT10 yesterday?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I certainly hope so.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

fadam posted:

10-4 in SF's favor yeah. Not as bad as the 13-0 rear end beating he gave to Perfect Legend, but pretty convincing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CharlestonJew posted:

10-4 in SF's favor yeah. Not as bad as the 13-0 rear end beating he gave to Perfect Legend, but pretty convincing

Nothing will ever be as great as the Perfect Legend wipeout

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

fadam posted:

10-4 in the first set, 10-7 in the second. He turned on the setplay with Rocket Raccoon/Jedah so I guess that's gonna be the direction this game will go.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

How long until fchamp says mvci is trash and mvc3 is the more skillful game.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Keegers posted:

How long until fchamp says mvci is trash and mvc3 is the more skillful game.

depends on the paychecks

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
FChamp was still rolling everyone else, game's safe for now.

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music
Is the fchamp vs. Sonicfox fight posted anywhere? I can't find it and I really wanna watch fchamp get steamrolled

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The flaming lip posted:

Is the fchamp vs. Sonicfox fight posted anywhere? I can't find it and I really wanna watch fchamp get steamrolled

It'll be up on this channel by the end of the day

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

I know in the first week GMG had this for $45. Anyone know of any similar deals? Kind of interested but not for $60.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't know if this was brought up in thread before. But appearntly this game had a smaller budget then Street Fight V's DLC. Which explains a lot.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Did up some Spiderman stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zgA5NzXwfE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3W-91reMNA

Timestamps for tips vid in the video description.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Ventana posted:

10-4 in the first set, 10-7 in the second. He turned on the setplay with Rocket Raccoon/Jedah so I guess that's gonna be the direction this game will go.

You left out Sonic's perfects on Fchamp, and also that the second set was supposed to be a gimmick set with Marvel/Ghost Rider when the following happened:
  • nobody in the room was watching anymore, with everybody either leaving or playing casuals
  • the commentators told champ to "throw in the towel" 6 losses in
  • the stream goes down
  • champ complains that his buttons are set incorrectly (21 games into the exhibition) while the stream is down
  • he sets his buttons again and uses the opportunity to switch back to his main team
  • sonic cleans him out the rest of the set, culminating in yet another perfect

It's exactly what Champ deserved.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Oct 9, 2017

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Broken Loose posted:

You left out Sonic's perfects on Fchamp, and also that the second set was supposed to be a gimmick set with Marvel/Ghost Rider when the following happened:
[*]champ complains that his buttons are set incorrectly (21 games into the exhibition) while the stream is down
[*]he sets his buttons again and uses the opportunity to switch back to his main team

Most of that I left out cause I figured people didn't care, but yeah it was pretty lol at the time. But about the buttons, I thought that he switched his buttons when it was 9-7 in the second set? They only brought it up on commentary, I thought, at the last game when there was a long pause so I assumed that was when champ was switching his controls. Which would still be super ridiculous.

As someone who got into a tournament match where my controls were incorrect, you can feel that poo poo immediately. It took me 2 games to finally figure it out so I can understand him waiting a bit, but in either case he waited far too long to claim bad buttons. No matter if you're getting setplay'd on or not.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The "I set my buttons wrong" option select

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fadc into 'mooom billy keeps making me use the bad mad catz controller'

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
lol Did sonicfox get early access to the game? Is he just raw smoking dumbass champ

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I think it's that SonicFox is just hard to fight in games and with characters that suit his style, which is to say, going completely balls-out from the word "go" without any thought given towards the neutral.

It basically requires a different mindset to fight him than it does just about anyone else. His biggest weakness is that if he's confident, he sometimes fucks around too much.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

SonicFox is incredibly good and is or has been world champion for like six different games, so it doesn't surprise me that he's making a splash in the Marvel scene.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

why does sonic fox win? easy it's because he's good at this game. other people from mvc3 are good at what they think this game is, the game that they play between one another

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sonicfox was the first one to understand MVCI is about BS pressure and dumb resets, mostly because he plays two games that are all about BS pressure and dumb resets. It's gonna be interesting to see if he just made it there first or if he's gonna stick around for the foreseeable future, there's always a guy that sets the meta in most fighting games but not necessarily survives the next meta shift (like Viscant).

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

hard to make predictions when capcoms patching style for this game is still unknown. they could pull another "Nerfed a sentinels health" random poo poo for this game with the spidey patch they've got ready

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

0/10 graphics 10/10 setplay

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Wanderer posted:

I think it's that SonicFox is just hard to fight in games and with characters that suit his style, which is to say, going completely balls-out from the word "go" without any thought given towards the neutral.

It basically requires a different mindset to fight him than it does just about anyone else. His biggest weakness is that if he's confident, he sometimes fucks around too much.

Is this post seriously insinuating that Sonicfox doesn't have good/thoughtful neutral? Cause lol

He definitely likes his setplay characters, but he's done great with neutral-focused characters in the past too.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
There are a lot of people out there looking for any excuse they can to not acknowledge that SonicFox is really good at video games, it's great

Scrubquotes is being fed well this month

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

sonicfox could probably win any game, despite the competition, he chooses to play, provided he isn't playing a character(or characters) who are horribly handicapped compared to everyone else.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

NecroMonster posted:

sonicfox could probably win any game, despite the competition, he chooses to play, provided he isn't playing a character(or characters) who are horribly handicapped compared to everyone else.

Didn't he wash out of SFv? I mean he picked fang but haven't seen him do anything in that game in awhile.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Keegers posted:

Didn't he wash out of SFv? I mean he picked fang but haven't seen him do anything in that game in awhile.

he picked fang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Keegers posted:

he picked fang and ranked well with him, if he'd picked an actual character in sfv imagine what he would have done

• Locked thread