Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Keegers posted:

Didn't he wash out of SFv? I mean he picked fang but haven't seen him do anything in that game in awhile.

I think he kinda gave up on SFV, really (and who could blame him, it's the game that destroyed Mike "Mike Ross" Ross' spirit). Still, he did pick up a top 8 at a major playing FANG when he was giving a gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Ventana posted:

Is this post seriously insinuating that Sonicfox doesn't have good/thoughtful neutral? Cause lol

I can see where it'd be taken that way, but that isn't what I meant. In NRS games, SonicFox is really good at coming out on the good side of a 50/50, like half the poo poo he does with Erron Black. There's a unique fearlessness to his play.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

he's good at guessies he is

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Keegers posted:

Didn't he wash out of SFv? I mean he picked fang but haven't seen him do anything in that game in awhile.

https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/917033161950773248

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
There were no furries in SF5 for him to play so he lost interest.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol

also lol at sfv being a real mans game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

There were no furries in SF5 for him to play so he lost interest.

hell, same

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm pretty sure there's a lion guy.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

sonicfox is cool and not a scumbag and the fgc would be better if every player was genuine as sonicfox in their love for fighting game

hes been hanging out at rayray's place and dude is just enjoying himself playing games

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
I hope Sonicfox wins every MvC:I major ever, because the Marvel scene is trash and the worst FG community by a country mile and full of scumbags and salty babies like F. Champ, Chris G, Smoothviper, et al and they deserve every beatdown they get.
And I say this as someone who has played tournament Marvel for almost 20 years.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I don't think I have any animosity towards any fighting game player but I think of sonicfox as the king of bad fighting games. It's not his fault sf5 AND mvci suck, he probably is really good but he keeps picking bad games to get good at.

He should play tekken.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm tired of seeing Ed Boon standing awkwardly next to Sonicfox after every NRS tournament, I want to see Ono and all those other fuckers have to do it too.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Sonicfox is weird as hell but he's not a total piece of poo poo like most of the marvel community is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sonicfox just wants to gently caress krystal from star fox, versus being a sex pest or destroying a samba de amigo machine

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

sonicfox just wants to gently caress krystal from star fox, versus being a sex pest or destroying a samba de amigo machine

I'm pretty sure he would rather gently caress Fox, but Krystal would work too. This is the kinda maleability and ability to accept what you get that a true fighting game player should have.

Sonicfox is cool because he gets very happy when he fucks someone up.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
please respect samba de amigo, it just wants to play the sonic r theme with you

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Wait, people don't like sonic fox now? I always thought he was just a lovable weirdo in a sea of toxic assholes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

Wait, people don't like sonic fox now? I always thought he was just a lovable weirdo in a sea of toxic assholes.

some people get mad about him because he 'ruins the respectability of the fg scene' or something.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Platypus Farm posted:

I think it's less that people hate this guy and more that deep down everyone liked to sit back and be smug about "well OUR game is too deep and real for Sonicfox to do well in", especially since he got famous with NRS games which get dunked on a lot by their own for having no neutral automatic spacing yadda yadda.

So as Sonicfox demolishes more and more games people start panicking. It's great. I want him to pick up the grimiest mixup character in Guilty Gear and be literally unstoppable.

mycot fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 10, 2017

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Endorph posted:

some people get mad about him because he 'ruins the respectability of the fg scene' or something.

Badass if true

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
Oh an 8 gig patch for mvci? cool, i wonder what they added!

quote:

”I wanna take you for a ride! ♪”

A new patch update has been released for the Steam version of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite that addresses the following, known issue:

Fixed issue where Voice Chat Volume (Speaker) settings are not saved after you close and relaunch the application.

For our Official MvC:I Bug Reporting and Troubleshooting thread, click here.
For our Official MvC:I Technical FAQ, click here.
For all the latest Capcom game news, please visit our community site at Capcom-Unity[https://www.capcom-unity.com].

Thanks for your support of Marvel vs. Capcom!

Best Regards,

CAPCOM USA Customer Support

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"the respectability of the fg scene" is the best joke I've heard all day

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

RevolverDivider posted:

Sonicfox is weird as hell but he's not a total piece of poo poo like most of the Fighting Game community is.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

bad bait

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder how long it would take Sonicfox to be respectable at Tekken.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Id love to see jdcr get beat by a furry

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
And in tekken too

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Anything to stop the millionth jdcr vs. saint finals

pls sonicfox

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Tae posted:

pls sonicfox

Even if sonicfox ever got heavily into tekken, I doubt he could ever get to the level of jcdr and saint they are on that next poo poo. I think knee is the closest one to toppling them.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Keegers posted:

Even if sonicfox ever got heavily into tekken, I doubt he could ever get to the level of jcdr and saint they are on that next poo poo. I think knee is the closest one to toppling them.

Jeondding is no joke

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

pls sonicfox

Tekken is a solved game.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

aside from skullgirls, i don't think sonic fox is actually willing to put any time into these games

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
What would be fun is if an EVO or another major tournament had a competition where you entered into every game and compiled all of your results, so you'd have a "best overall player" award or something. Which would end up being for naught after SonicFox won every single game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Best overall player would be a tossup between Sonicfox, Chris G, Tokido or Go1.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Dias posted:

Best overall player would be a tossup between Sonicfox, Chris G, Tokido or Go1.

Why Chris?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

He was solid at SF4 and NRS games, I think he started out as a Smash player too. He's not on the same level as the other three but he does work. JWong used to qualify but now he just plays Capcom.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Now I want that to happen just so Chris G wouldn't win

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Multigame tournament bo3, where first game is random, loser instead of character select can run it back or pick new game of their choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Kazunoko is definitely above Chris G for multi-game. Obviously better at streetfighter, and a top level Guilty Gear player as well.

• Locked thread