Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Kiania Rosario, aka Storm

"Olá! The name's Kiania, but you most likely know me better as Storm."

"Ah, so you want to know my story? No, I don't mind sharing, but I'm afraid it isn't a very happy one. I was a poor, orphaned child, living on the streets, doing whatever she can to survive. My parents, you see, passed away while I was still young, caught in a fire that took both their lives. I was the only one who survived that day, but barely. I was trapped, in a burning building, with neither of my parents, or anybody else around. I thought for sure that it would be the end for me, but... I made it out. How? I'm not really sure. Maybe my powers might've had something to do with it, but I can't really tell you. All I remember from that moment was the roaring flames, the suffocating smoke, and a child, crying out for her parents who never came. To say I was "scared" would be putting it very lightly, and let's just say I might have a small problem dealing with anything fire related."

"Yea, yea, I know how silly that sounds. How can a girl who can summon water and ice whenever she wants ever be nervous around fire? Well, let's just say that some things... aren't that easy to get over, and leave it at that."

"Anyways, after that whole... experience, I didn't really have anybody left. I was alone. No family, no home, nothing, so I did what any kid would do in that situation; I stole. Money, food, various trinkets, you name it. I took whatever I could get my hands on just so I could keep on living, and I did it for years... until I stole from the wrong person."

"I was careless. The person I was trying to pickpocket some money from caught me, and he wasn't happy about it. He wasn't happy about it at all. I started panicking, and, before I knew it, I held out my hands, and there was a strong gust of wind that blew the man away before he could do anything to me. That was the first time I remember my powers manifesting themselves. I had no idea how I did any of that- I wasn't aware of what a mutant was at the time- but I soon discovered that I was able to control the weather around me."

"I think it was then that the people in my village started paying attention to me, but it wasn't the good kind of attention. I was called a devil child by them, and I was chased out by a mob that didn't want me around anymore. I was an outcast, a scared, confused girl that nobody wanted.

"That was when I found them. A community of people, who were just like me, who also didn't have anywhere else to go. It was a small community, with only a few dozen people, but it was a close one. They welcomed me, and, for the first time in a long time, I felt like I truly belonged somewhere. They became like a family to me."

"Do I miss them? Oh, of course I do. Hah! You should've seen the kinds of things I got into. They called me Storm because I was as wild and as untamed as a raging storm, but it didn't matter how much trouble I got into sometimes, they would always support me, and look out for me."

"...But there was a time when I needed to move on. I owe them everything for what they did for me, but I can only stay in one place for so long. I wanted to see more of the world, experience life a little more, so, when I was offered a spot here at Xavier's Institute, I took it as fast as I could! I don't know where life is going to take me from here, but that's what makes it all the more exciting, don't you think? Maybe one day I'll go back to see the people who I've come to consider my family again, but for now, I plan to enjoy my time here as much as I can, and who knows, maybe I can actually make a difference while I'm here."

quote:

Kiania Rosario
Storm

Affiliations Solo: d8 | Buddy: d6 | Team: d10

Distinctions d4(+1PP) / d8
- Pyrophobic
- Mercurial
- Strong-Willed Girl

Power Sets: Goddess of the Storm
Electrical Blast d10
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Enhanced Senses d8
Enhanced Stamina d8
Psychic Resistance d8
Subsonic Flight d8
Weather Supremacy d12
SFX: Area Attack. Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 to your pool and keep +1 effect die.
SFX: Emotional Link. Add a die to the doom pool equal to your current emotional stress to add that emotional stress die to a pool including a Goddess of the Storm power.
SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress or trauma from extremes of temperature or electricity.
SFX: Multipower. Use two or more Goddess of the Storm powers in your dice pool, at –1 step for each additional power.
Limit: Emotional Tempest. Change any Goddess of the Storm power into a complication and recover emotional stress equal to that power’s die size. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.
Limit: Mutant. Earn 1 PP when affected by mutant-specific Milestones and tech.

Specialties
Combat Expert d8
Cosmic Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Crime Expert d8
Mystic Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

Milestones
My Place in the World
1 XP when you aid a hero for the first time.
3 XP when you either ask to join a new team or turn down an offer to join one.
10 XP when you either accept leadership of a team or leave your current team.

Whirlwind of Emotions
1 XP when you first use your Emotional Link SFX.
3 XP when you first activate your Emotional Tempest Limit.
10 XP when you either apologize for injuring a teammate with your powers or leavethe battlefield rather than apologize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread