Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Welcome once again to Raw is War! We are live here in the packed Game Room subforum and boy do we have a slobberknocker tonight for the viewers at home. We're going to be playing a game of Mafia with thirteen, count'em thirteen of your favourite WWF Superstars and that's not all is it King?

No it's not JR, your WWF Champion, Stone Cold Steve Austin is set to join us later tonight and with the foul mood that man has been in, there's no telling what he's going to do.

I cannot wait to see that King and... oh we're being interrupted by the Chairman of the Board, Vincent Kennedy McMahon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JAI67yP1K0

Cut my music, let's get straight down to business and discuss our main event and the kind of Mafia game I want to see played:

This is a Mafia game for 13 people where each person will be assigned a famous WWF Attitude Era Superstar.

The key mechanic in this game is Momentum. Momentum is a currency that is spent in order to activate abilities. Every Superstar has an ability and a method of building momentum that will be sent to them as part of their role PM. The amount of momentum a Superstar can generate and the amount required for their ability will vary significantly from Superstar to Superstar.

Momentum is not gained instantly and instead will be distributed to players at the beginning of each night. In practice this means that nights and the flip might take a little longer to do while momentum gains are calculated.

Every character has a momentum cap. If you ever hold more momentum than your cap, momentum above the cap is lost.

Beyond this mechanic, the game is a (relatively) standard game of Mafia.

Days will be 48-72 hours in length. Nights will be 24 hours. These are flexible based on when I want to be up and doing things.

Other general mafia rules (that have broadly been stolen from Somberbrero):

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is game and getting a rise out of people is fine, but no slurs or other personal poo poo.
2. If you post fewer than ten times across a day that comes within 12 hours of finishing, I will grant a free vig to be used by the player that posts the most targetted at you.
3. Don't edit your posts.
4. Don't talk after you're dead. I'll send you a PM to an Obs doc if you want to chat.
5. Don't post after the hammer.
6. Flavour is as accurate as I can make it in this game. Feel free to chase arguments around that but be aware that I'm not perfect.
7. No replacements after D2.
8. Don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. If you have OOT communication with another player, the rule still applies.
9. Don't fake day actions.
10. Be aware that this is the first time a 13 person main event mafia game has happened and that I'm probably going to screw up some things because I'm a moron doing this for the first time.

The game will start when Signups are full. (And I feel like it because I'm Vincent Kennedy McMahon damnit!)

Signups

1. CapitalistPig
  2. derp
  3. Dick Bastardly
  4. gif Probst
  5. Hal Incandenza
  6. Jenkem Delivery
  7. Kasumeat
  8. kumba
  9. Mister Perky
  10. PASS THE MASH
  11. Retro Futurist
  12. SalTheBard
  13. St Evan Echoes

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

B'aw gawd, it's RF!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

2. If you post fewer than ten times across a day that comes within 12 hours of finishing, I will grant a free vig to be used by the player that posts the most targetted at you.

ooh I like this new addition :getin: if the scum wanna get their hands on that sweet lurker gun they're gonna have to work for it!

This is not a signup cause I'm already in a game and also I know fuckall about wrestling, but if you're having trouble filling I might come back later

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I love wrestling probably a lot more than I love mafia. yeah.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
THE MOST ELECTRIFYING POSTER IN FORUMS-ENTERTAINMENT HISTORY

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im in but i want someone hella low on the card

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i have never watched the wrestling but i did own this as a child:

and punch and kick people as jake the snake

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Can I be Mean Gene Okerlund in this game??

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I know next to nothIng about wrestling but I'll play

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Knowing about wrestling will be helpful, but so will using Wikipedia for a minute

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
you know, i'm feelin the itch and a 13 player game sounds good. i know nothing of wrestling, but i'm in.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh my god i didn't even see this one.

Yes please!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sorry, I'm actually gonna sit this one out

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
all i know about wrestling comes from that n64 game WCW vs NWO World Tour, which owned a lot

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
in

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

momentum is basically shine right

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

gif Probst posted:

momentum is basically shine right

Uh what's shine?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I know a lot about wrestling and almost nothing about Mafia, put me in!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

St Evan Echoes posted:

I know a lot about wrestling and almost nothing about Mafia, put me in!

that's the spirit

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I DON'T KNOW NOTHIN ABOUT NO MAFIA, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I DO KNOW? I KNOW I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'VE GOT THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD. COUNT ME IN

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I would like to sign up!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
im gunna body slam all of you

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
This might be what finally causes me to break down and buy the forum PMs upgrade.

Color me intrigued

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

I'm dumb and can't tell if there's a spot left, but I'm in if there's room!

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Okay, bought PMs, I'm down to do this.

Er, I mean, BAH GAWD KING, THAT'S MISTER PERKY'S MUSIC

or something.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

PASS THE MASH posted:

I'm dumb and can't tell if there's a spot left, but I'm in if there's room!

If not you can have my spot, happy to stay as a reserve/run-in guy for a dusty finish

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
We're full up! I'm going to cook up role PMs tonight and start the game aiming for a Monday evening D1 deadline.

Bird you're still in.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Yorkshire Tea posted:

We're full up! I'm going to cook up role PMs tonight and start the game aiming for a Monday evening D1 deadline.

Bird you're still in.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
My finisher is me no-selling a straight punch to the face and the opponent's hand starts shaking, then arm wobbling, gradually increasing in violent intensity as the shockwave runs through the opponents body and they just kind of do a Rick Flair flop and then I pin em' 1 2 3!! :colbert:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Bird you're still in.

Sorry I miscounted, bird you're first reserve!

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 28, 2017

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
when can i start shitposting

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
PMs are just being written up and double checked now.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Mah Gawd King we've only just started and I've got word that Stone Cold is making his way to the ring.

Have we got any cameras in the back? He's the rattlesnake, he could strike from anywhere!

I'm getting word from the back that we have eyes on Austin in the Parking Lot.

Day 0 - Stone Cold Steve Austin was run over

It is now Night 0, if you have an N0 action please send in your actions as soon as possible and we will begin Day 1

Night 0 and Night 0 only is open, please don't vote for anyone until D1 officially opens.

Edit: I'm asleep now, I'll process everything I see when I wake up.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 29, 2017

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
RIP Steve

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

God I want to vote SO BAD

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Okay, who's got Rikishi?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i am one of the best restlers ever

OF ALL TIME

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

God I want to vote SO BAD

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
vote for me