Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

We should start a UNION of Wrestlers in order to take on this game!

RIP test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
I actually have a momentum-based reason for not voting and I think it's ultimately more helpful to the town's cause if I build momentum.

Particularly since I (predictably) have no good reads on anybody this early on (especially since this is my first game with the SA crowd) and my vote's not going to be very informed or useful right now anyway.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

St Evan Echoes posted:

his theme music was extremely cool to 13 year old me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALFMYWFRjQs

I forgot how loving baller that entrance was

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mister Perky posted:

I actually have a momentum-based reason for not voting and I think it's ultimately more helpful to the town's cause if I build momentum.

Particularly since I (predictably) have no good reads on anybody this early on (especially since this is my first game with the SA crowd) and my vote's not going to be very informed or useful right now anyway.

Um, no.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

why is that hard to believe

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If it not true, it's a lie, which is s scummy. If it is true, it's an anti town role.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Is Perky working us into a shoot?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Bastardly posted:

If it not true, it's a lie

thank you for defining teh word lie. why is it hard to believe was the question

what does having an anti-town role have to do with anything

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Is Perky working us into a shoot?

No and we should vote up Vince Russo as soon as we find him.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

If it not true, it's a lie, which is s scummy. If it is true, it's an anti town role.

Well then, it sounds like you should be voting me up.

Or are you worried about how guilty you'll look when you led the vote charge on a townie?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yeah, this case screams scum bullshit to me. There are a million legit town roles that could have a reason for not voting early.

##vote DB

kumba posted:

you did not answer the question, clearly scummy misdirection. engarde ##vote pass the mash

But this bothers me a little more. I'm a town heel (Kane). I think PTM is a scum heel who's worried that all of the heels are scum. If he was a town heel, he'd know that there are town heels, probably not the only one, and therefore a heel claim isn't necessarily something to be worried about. But if all the scum are heels, they would be worried about claiming a heel.

##vote PTM

Don't really have a strong preference between these two, they both look pretty bad to me for D1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

KASUMEAT with the double vote from the top rope!

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Man I was just making a joke about the big show switching from face to heel all the drat time.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##vote DB

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

PASS THE MASH posted:

Man I was just making a joke about the big show switching from face to heel all the drat time.

That's pretty reasonable actually.

##vote DB

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

you did it. yuo cracked the case. it either is or is not there is no shade of gray in this, the most shades of gray format of mafia ever.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

St Evan Echoes posted:

I wanted to be Gangrel. I'm not Gangrel :smith:

its okay only some of us get to rise into this game in a ring of fire

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

[quote="“Kasumeat”" post="“476909167”"]
But this bothers me a little more. I’m a town heel (Kane). I think PTM is a scum heel who’s worried that all of the heels are scum. If he was a town heel, he’d know that there are town heels, probably not the only one, and therefore a heel claim isn’t necessarily something to be worried about. But if all the scum are heels, they would be worried about claiming a heel.
[/quote]kane was a babyface about as much as he was a heel in the attitude era fyi

most all wrestlers switched alignment at some point between late 97 and early 01 (Austin's probably the only exception) so its unlikely we can use that to weed out scum

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!!

https://youtu.be/ASmdxXaOzd4

##vote DB

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote dickyb

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

kane was a babyface about as much as he was a heel in the attitude era fyi

most all wrestlers switched alignment at some point between late 97 and early 01 (Austin's probably the only exception) so its unlikely we can use that to weed out scum

Even Austin's not an exception. (It's true! It's true!)

They tried to turn him heel, anyway. It didn't really "take", but they still tried it. It led to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLkIWeqFKI

so it wasn't a total loss.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mister Perky posted:

Even Austin's not an exception. (It's true! It's true!)

They tried to turn him heel, anyway. It didn't really "take", but they still tried it. It led to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLkIWeqFKI

so it wasn't a total loss.
the attitude era ended at wm17 which is when austin turned heel

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Eh I could see where DB is coming from here. Voting is towns number one power, so anything restricts that is going to be by definition anti-town

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Eh I could see where DB is coming from here. Voting is towns number one power, so anything restricts that is going to be by definition anti-town

If it was actually a voting restriction, sure, but there's a difference between a voting restriction and something such as "you get momentum for being the hammer."

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
The restriction is self-imposed, btw.

I have three ways to gain momentum.

1 pt if I have a vote logged at the end of the day
2 pts if I don't vote at all during a day phase
3 pts if my vote is part of a majority vote that eliminates a scum

the third option would be great but I don't have much confidence in pulling that off in the first day phase of my first game. I'm aiming for the second option.

So to clarify, I *CAN* vote today, I just think I can be of greater benefit to the town later if I don't. Particularly since I have to call my shot beforehand (wrt the 3 momentum options) so, now, if I cast a vote today, I get 0 momentum, even my vote contributes to eliminating a scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Huh, so it's like a one man prisoner's dilemma. Neat

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mister Perky posted:

the third option would be great but I don't have much confidence in pulling that off in the first day phase of my first game. I'm aiming for the second option.

So to clarify, I *CAN* vote today, I just think I can be of greater benefit to the town later if I don't. Particularly since I have to call my shot beforehand (wrt the 3 momentum options) so, now, if I cast a vote today, I get 0 momentum, even my vote contributes to eliminating a scum.

This is not at all as bad as it seemed at first. I guess I'm scum though for making obvious statements about why I thought another player's role seemed not good for town. I appreciate the support :thumbsup:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is not at all as bad as it seemed at first. I guess I'm scum though for making obvious statements about why I thought another player's role seemed not good for town. I appreciate the support :thumbsup:

The bolded part was directed at all my voters (where some scum surely reside) not to you specifically mr perky.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mister Perky posted:

Well then, it sounds like you should be voting me up.

Or are you worried about how guilty you'll look when you led the vote charge on a townie?

I like to give the accused a chance for rebuttal before casting a vote. If the response doesn't meet my standard for townie-ness then I vote. In this case your response has resolved the issue of how anti-town it potentially was.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I like to give the accused a chance for rebuttal before casting a vote. If the response doesn't meet my standard for townie-ness then I vote. In this case your response has resolved the issue of how anti-town your role potentially was.

edit

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

The bolded part was directed at all my voters (where some scum surely reside) not to you specifically mr perky.

This is clearly me having an impulsive OMGUS reaction, there is no evidence to suggest my voters are scum. But I will remain vigilant.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
CP and Jenkem, do either of you have anything to add to your suspicion other than a "me too" of Kasus vote?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dick Bastardly posted:

CP and Jenkem, do either of you have anything to add to your suspicion other than a "me too" of Kasus vote?

nah nothing is happening.

mafia dead.

dead, like me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want to vote for king burgundy but he is not in this game please advise

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mister Perky posted:

i am going to drown you in blood. whose blood is a compleat mystery. but yuo will be swimmin in it my freind

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

nah nothing is happening.

mafia dead.

dead, like me.

I can't argue with that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

I can't argue with that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯