Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
What prompted you to attempt to vote me Sal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

What prompted you to attempt to vote me Sal?

It was the exchange with Mr. Perky along with seeing others vote your direction. I'm not really sure what I'm doing so I just wanted to vote with what appeared to be the majority.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Although in hindsight it's pretty weak reasoning :-/

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:allears: that's our cpig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Like you could every once in a while offer some form of reasoning

Maybe if I said please?

the reaaoning is he is being a mean ol jerkface.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Reasoning is overrated. Sometimes things just happen for no reason at all. Like this https://youtu.be/bf1OFUTlwY4

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Dick Bastardly (5): gif Probst, Hal Incandenza, Jenkem Delivery, Jenkem Delivery, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous
gif Probst (1): CapitalistPig
SalTheBard (0): Jenkem Delivery, Jenkem Delivery

Not Voting (9): derp, Dick Bastardly, Jenkem Delivery, kumba, Mister Perky, PASS THE MASH, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard, St Evan Echoes

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 04th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. BST -- that's in about 1 day, 16 hours.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

wtf

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
If you don't mind me using my three I's for a bit here:

Secret ballots seem like it'd have to be a momentum-based power.

Given that towns benefit most from being open with information as they get it, anonymous voting is far more likely to be a wolf/mafia/scum Momentum power.

Ergo: we have a three-member evil team, they all got enough momentum yesterday to use their action, and DickBastardly isn't one of them. [Barring some 8 dimensional chess where they try to protect their fourth with a deliberately terrible attempt to "frame" him but that's goofier than a milk truck, also 4 vs 9 sounds like a bit much to me although admittedly I'm new to this scene]

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mister Perky posted:

If you don't mind me using my three I's for a bit here:

Secret ballots seem like it'd have to be a momentum-based power.

Given that towns benefit most from being open with information as they get it, anonymous voting is far more likely to be a wolf/mafia/scum Momentum power.

Ergo: we have a three-member evil team, they all got enough momentum yesterday to use their action, and DickBastardly isn't one of them. [Barring some 8 dimensional chess where they try to protect their fourth with a deliberately terrible attempt to "frame" him but that's goofier than a milk truck, also 4 vs 9 sounds like a bit much to me although admittedly I'm new to this scene]

I agree, but why put him at -2? With that many anon votes they could have waited a minute and then hammered

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seems like a weird gambit if true, like now we could prove we aren't scum just by voting and unvoting DB

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Although in hindsight it's pretty weak reasoning :-/

I'm not going to hold it against you, but if you turn out to be scum I'm going to feel dumb.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

PASS THE MASH posted:

My vote didn't matter at that point as it was a minute before the game ended. I had to wait for momentum reasons. If DB had been at 6 I would have voted for him.

but there was no chance at all of lunching me with a single vote a minute before the deadline. a hail mary vote on DB was unlikely to be successful, sure, but a hail mary vote on me was even less likely, and you happened to pick me, the only person that was voting for you, without any reasoning. this was immediately after you asked what happens with no majority, it is explained a no-hang is bad for town, and then you put a vote out seemingly at random. this stinks

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

He at least had an explanation though so I suppose that's moot.

his explanation was hot garbage that didnt make any sense though

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

kumba posted:

unless his power is that he gains momentum from voting someone that's voting him, which does not sound like a town-aligned power to me but what do i know

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i'm convinced
lets kill mash
##vote mash

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the triple anon votes are interesting. my immediate thought was the same as perky's: scum pile-up; however, a savvy townplayer could throw those out and bait a scum quick hammer so i dunno. scum could throw their 3 votes onto one of their own people in the hopes we assume incorrectly that the target is scum. i could see chaos scum cpig doing that for sure.

lots of possibilities that are hard to draw conclusions from

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
There's really no explaining around that vote. It's just bad regardless if it was innocent or not.

##vote ptm

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Bastardly posted:

There's really no explaining around that vote. It's just bad regardless if it was innocent or not.

##vote ptm

and now i want to vote you for admitting youre voting someone because they played poorly

"wrong/bad/stupid, therefore scum" is horrifyingly bad logic at best and scum opportunism at worst

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote ptm

To clarify this is in regard to PTM's vote yesterday not the anons. Speaking of which, I think triple anon vote would be over powered as a scum role so I think whomever did it is likely town. And that's OK! Please don't out yourself, but let me appeal to you that your suspicion is miss placed. I wasn't able to do my momentum thing last night, but I know it will come in handy and it'd be sad for town to lose that opportunity for an advantage so early.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

kumba posted:

and now i want to vote you for admitting youre voting someone because they played poorly

"wrong/bad/stupid, therefore scum" is horrifyingly bad logic at best and scum opportunism at worst

I don't believe PTM's explanation for motive on the vote. I agree that it doesn't make sense and that's what pings me. My vote isn't punishment for bad play, but I can see why you thought that looking back at my post.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I don't want to gently caress up and not vote again. The logic sounds reasonable!

##vote pass the mash

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kumba posted:

The momentum stuff isn't great, but his point was that there was a minute to go and DB wasn't at -1, so it wouldn't have made a difference.

Still kind of dumb but I could see someone new making that argument in earnest.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh wait DB was at -1? K nevermind then ##vote mash

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hmm

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh wait DB was at -1? K nevermind then ##vote mash

vf says he was at -2??

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Dick Bastardly (5): Kasumeat, Kasumeat, Kasumeat, Jenkem Delivery, CapitalistPig, gif Probst, St Evan Echoes
kumba (2): derp, PASS THE MASH
PASS THE MASH (1): kumba, Kasumeat, Kasumeat
Retro Futurist (1): Dick Bastardly
Mister Perky (0): kumba, kumba

Not Voting (4): Hal Incandenza, Mister Perky, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 01st, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. BST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

is the votecount at deadline

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

[quote="“kumba”" post="“477018211”"]
vf says he was at -2??
[/quote]

There was an accidental fake action

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
yeah i see that now, Sal had an unbolded vote

i thought that was a different post with unbolded votes but maybe my memory is going bad

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This is reasonable, gif is def still scum tho.

##vote ptm

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
also did i miss the three anon votes on dick?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh i see kumba mentioned it, also lol it wasn't me im the undertaker and my ability is passive.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Hmm things have taken an unfortunate turn. I'm not scum, I just have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Which I guess fits the big show.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bit suspicious that Jenkem did an unvote a bit before the anonymous votes showed up, imo

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

St Evan Echoes posted:

Bit suspicious that Jenkem did an unvote a bit before the anonymous votes showed up, imo

what do you think that means

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

He didn't unvote dick though. Just sal.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that he's a likely candidate for anonymous voting

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

[quote="“PASS THE MASH”" post="“477020103”"]
He didn’t unvote dick though. Just sal.
[/quote]

P sure your votes don't stack

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I explained my reason for unvoting Sal. I thought he no voted on Day 1 but he actually just forgot to bold his vote.

St Evan Echoes is lying to try and deflect attention on me he's scum for sure

##vote St Evan Echoes

This makes me think DB isn't scum and since St Evan and Gif probst jumped on the bandwagon so quickly I think DB is clean and those two are scum

##unvote DB
##vote Gif Probst

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

poo poo sorry I edited my post. This is my first time playing

• Locked thread