Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«94 »
skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Those pjs looked incredibly uncomfortable too. Who wears form-fitting long sleeved sweaters to bed?

Hey, in a hundred years they'll be wearing them to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Oz Fox posted:

It would be funny if the klingon lady that Clem Fandango was banging ends up chasing the discovery around bent on revenge, like Carrie Fisher in the Blues Brothers

Clem Fandango? Ha ha, gently caress. It is the same actor.

(yeah, I'm slow with catching up on this thread)

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Lipstick Apathy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Those pjs looked incredibly uncomfortable too. Who wears form-fitting long sleeved sweaters to bed?

With tiny chunks of pointy metal on them, too.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The_Doctor posted:

My problem was that the tooth brushing scene had some fantastically clunky dialogue. Like, first draft placeholder text that is meant to be punched up in a later pass. If any of my screenwriting students had come up with that, Id be breaking out the red pen.

Yeah, and not the only example in that episode. I mentioned Michael raising the issue of the waterbear's health with Saru previously. It's got draft-itis all over the place.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

To me, to you.
To me, to you.
To me, to you.

OH DEAR OH DEAR

This avatar funded by:
**Ratjaculation**

I can loving hear you Clem Fandango

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Kinda weird that they explicitly showed Michael using a holographic/computer mirror in the same ep (or was it the previous one?). Maybe the mirror in the toothbrush scene is also digital. Maybe the delay is just a computer glitch?

JeremoudCorbynejad
Jul 6, 2007

That bathroom mirror is the emergency backup mirror system for when the main holographic mirror matrix array goes down (which happens whenever there's a reflecton leak in the image reversal beam)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

I'd consider myself a huge Trekkie and I'm still enjoying the show.

I love how Voq speaks as well, it's hilarious. His voice is so absolutely bizzare, I can't think of anyone who sounds like him. It's a bit like the Bane voice from Dark Knight Rises.

I also like everyone on the crew and don't understand the people hating the liuetenant or Michael's roommate. They're nice and the complaining about them arguing all the time seems bizzare.

But the new Klingons are rubbish. The spikey costumes look stupid and the new ships look stupid as well. It does remind me of JJ Trek to a degree with that. I'm totally fine with updating looks because technology is better. So make the Klingon makeup more extreme and have them all speak Klingon all the time. That's good and I like it. But to completely and utterly change how they are (as others have said) you might as well just go for another race.
It being a prequel is poo poo too since it means we know for sure the spore drive fails at some point. Sure it's the journey rather than the end point that really matters but it still means they don't have a lot of room to do stuff.
I think the holographic communicator stuff is a bit stupid because TOS doesn't have it and it was such a huge deal when they had it for that one episode of DS9. I get why they've made the choice but I can't say I agree with it.

Like someone else said I wish there was more connection between this show and other Star Trek series, visually. So far there really isn't.

«94 »