Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Steve2911 posted:

gently caress me are people so hard up for Star Trek that they'll watch a Seth MacFarlane parody of it?

Its not a parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

shovelbum posted:

Loving this agricultural action scene

This but unironically. Those are some very pretty space shrooms.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Senor Tron posted:

This one works for me in Australia:

https://youtu.be/tngJcV9Z9Uk

Dear god someone please shave Spock

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Delsaber posted:

Captain Pike paid for his Constitution preorder and by god he's gonna wear the bonus DLC uniforms.

As a Star Trek Online player this is so relatable it hurts. Much like being a Star Trek Online player.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Well, I liked that episode more than the vast majority of season 1 put together, and I'm pretty sure it's entirely because the gravitational pull of Captain Pike's charm allowed everyone else to stop being dour no-fun-havers instead of just Stamets and Tilly being fun, emotive, and enjoyable. Even robot lady got some lines!

That fortune cookie got a smile out of me too.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Drone posted:

I read it as "prominent LGBT character played by prominent LGBT actor giving a nod to the franchise's most famous LGBT actor and his sometimes-LGBT character".

It's definitely a deep cut but to me the line felt far too deliberate for it to have not been intended.

Its the same reason Stamets's favourite opera/the one he and Culber had tickets to is La Boheme. Just another fun little meta reference because Anthony Rapp is most famous for being in Rent.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Even if Shran is dead, Combs needs to be in every Star Trek.

Just do what Star Trek Online did and introduce his grandson who looks and sounds and acts just like he does.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

At this point I'm now assuming Airiam is the Red Angel, which I'm pretty sure is intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I really hope you all watched the credits for that gorgeous mashup of the Discovery theme and the TOS theme. If not, I strongly recommend going back and listening to that.