Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

i'm the ship flying out of the exploding vagina

Well that would be a discovery for some Star Trek fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I'm thinking this show may be a ripoff of The Orville.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I haven't read the whole thread, so this theory may have already been proposed, but I'm hoping that the big reveal in the end is that they're now in an alternate universe or have been all along. This would tie up a ton of loose ends of why the tech is different from Kirk's time even though they're supposed to be 10 years before it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

xerxus posted:

One of real-life Paul Stamets' point is that there may be an intelligence with mushrooms, so it would be fitting that with an organism that supposedly spans the universe and potentially several others, would be able to adapt and reject potentially disruptive species

The mushrooms are the Organians.