Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
I've never played this game, but always wanted to yet somehow never managed to get around to it. I've also followed every LP of the game so of course, I''m jumping in on this one. Hopefully you'll be able to break the LP curse on this game--and from what I've seen, the LPs of the first game always seem to die once they beat the swamp and start exploring the first town. Crossing my fingers for this one shooting past that point!

I'm disappointed to hear the the English translations of the books weren't very well written. I'd always been curious about the Witcher novels and I was thinking of picking them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

Takezio posted:

Yeah, the thing that really aggravates me about the English translation is that the translator did the first book and then the third one. And the first two don't have any numbers on the spine to tell you their order because they're short stories I guess? Long story short I bought the first and third one because the third one said it was the first one and I the inside list of Witcher books didn't mention the second one. Y'know, the one that introduces Ciri? Yeah, it took a while to find out, and I was not happy.

Goddamn, this is just incredibly lovely. Why the hell did the English translations come out like this?

• Locked thread