Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Looking forward to this LP. Please go into detail about the combat system, because 90% of the complaints I've heard about the first two Witcher games consist of "the combat system is an almighty mess, but why would you ever do it this way," so I'm curious whether that's justified critique or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Old Grey Guy posted:

Tech tip: One cause for hiccups and slowdowns is the game constantly unpacking textures. If you unpack the texture files and stick the bigger / more frequent ones into the override folder, it'll run more smoothly.

That sounds like a fix on level with sorting out the poor load times in Mass Effect 2(essentially, load times in ME2 were effectively instantaneous. BUT each load screen had an animated sequence that had to play out before it could finish. So if you replaced all the load animations with 1-second black screens, almost all loading happened in a split-second).

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Ahahah, the loving SEX CARDS. I really wonder what made anyone think that was a good idea.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

At least it's a sort of believable ugliness and, yeah, not uncanny valley stuff.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

painedforever posted:

Oh, Abigail! Her card, I remember, was really creepy too. Serious fan disservice.

Fan disservice is a great term and more games should have it.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I'm repeatedly impressed by how ugly all these NPC's are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

What happens if you choose to side with the psycho villagers instead? Just a brief scene of you stabbing Abigail in the brain?

• Locked thread