Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
are you trying to say that gulags is scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
If you'd killed them, we'd know

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hey

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Jeabus Mahogany (1): Tired Moritz
Tired Moritz (1): Jeabus Mahogany

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, Diqnol, Hal Incandenza, this is a stickup

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 13th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 35 minutes.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Diqnol,

[JUDGE] Tired Moritz
[INDICT] Jeabus Mahogany

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Community service - Tired Moritz
Death - Jeabus Mahogany

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The gavel slams and another person is sent to their death. Screaming and pointing fingers, Jeabus is dragged away to the electric chair immediately. He yells out Tired Moritz's name, but a jolt of light shoots through his body and within moments he's gone.

Jeabus Mahogany aka Kevin Williams, Town-Aligned Vanilla has died Day 5.

Tired Moritz is sentenced to community service and reports to their new headquarters for training.

A shot rings out. Tommy gunfire flies through the air as the mafia Godfather steps onto the Judge's podium. He laughs and chomps on cigar, pointing his weapon at the crowd. Hal and stickup look on in sadness as Moritz, perhaps even begrudgingly, takes his place beside his new boss.

gulag looks on from afar, ruing the victory that was stolen from him.

And miles away in the state capital, the Governor hears about yet another failure of the Judge System... and sadly walks into the ocean.

With a 2/2 split,

Hal Incandenza aka Josh Castro, Town-Aligned Reporter District Attorney has been endgamed.

this is a stickup aka Monica Tolentino, Town-Aligned Vanilla has been endgamed.

In addition,

GulagDolls aka Tanya Johnson, Scum-Aligned Schemer Nothing-Aligned Loser Stump Idiot has lost the game.

As such,

Diqnol aka Mason McKenny, Scum-Aligned Godfather

and

Tired Moritz aka Terrell Farmer, Town-Aligned Scum-Aligned Vanilla

along with QuidProQuid, have won the game.

Scum Win!

Thank you for playing this excruciatingly long game!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
wtf i love diqnol now

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 14, 2017

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Little Mac posted:

The gavel slams and another person is sent to their death. Screaming and pointing fingers, Jeabus is dragged away to the electric chair immediately. He yells out Tired Moritz's name, but a jolt of light shoots through his body and within moments he's gone.

Jeabus Mahogany aka Kevin Williams, Town-Aligned Vanilla has died Day 5.

Little Mac posted:

If the Defendant is not Sentenced, they benefit from Double Jeopardy - they are DEATHPROOF for the following day/night cycle.

Little Mac posted:

The Defendant is Jeabus Mahogany

Please pick a Defense Lawyer.

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay I just woke up

death to dipnol
search stickup
seizure gulags

I guess "deathproof" means "easily killed"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
lol I totally forgot that I could had killed off the entire scum team except that diqnol was deathproof

gut reads are the best after all.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

lol I totally forgot that I could had killed off the entire scum team except that diqnol was deathproof

If I knew you could inflict death on someone who's deathproof I'd have loving let you

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Design Doc
Mod Doc
Scum Doc

HCIII was kind of a last minute thing (I have the League spiritual sequel ready but need to do it when I have time off as it's a HUGE timesink). I'd had some ideas to kinda fix what was wrong with the last two Habeas Corpses games which I think worked here. The sentence vs. indict thing was where I wanted to have gaming of the system (which is actually what happens in ever HC game) to actually be a main focus of gameplay! I didn't even think about multiple searches and completely forgot about using Community Service on town (I was sure Diqnol was going to use it on Gulag).

Town was VERY close to winning, and getting the SK out early was key. Trusting Gulag was really their only mistake.

If a 3P or Stump had gotten Community Serviced, they would have chosen their affiliation from either Town or Scum.

Hopefully you had fun, though I think the long drawn-out process might have hindered some of that. I'm happy with it, though. Lots of really fun moves were made.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 14, 2017

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I guess "deathproof" means "easily killed"

aw gently caress did i mess up?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

aw poo poo. Man I really can't make a good game anymore. Sorry, Jeabus. I forgot my own rule.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yeah, scratch the end. Everyone wins. I lose. Sorry.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

It's why I was willing to let that vote split happen, because I was deathproof

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yeah, I hosed up (nothing new). I have to stop modding games while I'm working. I apologize for you all wasting your time.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Little Mac posted:

Yeah, I hosed up (nothing new). I have to stop modding games while I'm working. I apologize for you all wasting your time.

it was a fun game, mac. thanks for running it.

tune into day 3 of the scumdoc to see me go through all five stages of grief

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

shouldve gone with my plan

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

please blame gulag for everything that went wrong

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I blame you all for not lynching me!

Also, Little Mac is my hero.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

There were definitely a couple of times where I super hosed up, especially on the last day.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

There were definitely a couple of times where I super hosed up, especially on the last day.

Yeah I wasn't around to really post which sucked but not giving someone at least semi-confirmed the daily roles at the end was definitely a mistake but scum played the rules really well. Wish diqnol had posted more, but whatever real life is sucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks little mac, mistakes aside it was a cool game, would play again!

• Locked thread