Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
help

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

confirmed

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Anime gently caress boy

oh good a confession nice

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
"peramene" directly translates to "myself guilty" in old bunun

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I was suggesting that Hal is as good as a stump the way they are now. Not to use it on them.

this isn't an accurate representation of your post about hal, and I feel that this is the type of situation that will lead to everyone having hard to dismiss suspicions about you again

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

QuoProQuid posted:

This is a weird equivocating post. In what way is she suspiciously quiet?

pera is extremely wordy, and the utter lack of :words: is surprising, but it's too early to for us to really say this means anything

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

QuoProQuid posted:

This seems like a reach less than 24 hours after the start of the game, but what trips me up is Hal thinking something is suspicious while also thinking that "its better not to vote pERA today." (1)

it is possible to be suspicious of someone while believing that using an investigation D1 is better than killing someone based on little to no info

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

GulagDolls posted:

hal is scum in every single game

this is true though

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
help I am being oppressed

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Little Mac posted:

5. The Judge renders his verdict. If the Defendant is ruled GUILTY by the Jury, the Judge must use one of his [SENTENCE] actions. [SENTENCE] actions include:
    Death (x∞) - Convicted player dies.
    Probation (x1) - Convicted player is jailed for the night.
    Community Service (x1) - Convicted player switches affiliation.
    Retrial (x1) - D.A. picks another defendant and the day begins again.
    Recess (x1) - Go directly to night phase. The Convicted player is the Defendant again tomorrow.
    Acquital (x1) - The Convicted player is ruled Not Guilty.
    Class Action (x1) - Convicted player dies. The day continues as LIGHTS OUT for 24 hours and all voted players immediately die.

If the Defendant is ruled NOT GUILTY by the Jury (due to another player receiving the most votes), the Judge must use one of his [INDICTMENT] actions. [INDICTMENT] actions include:
    Death (x3) - Convicted player dies. Please make note that this is only three-shot.
    Trial (x∞) - Convicted player becomes one of two Defendants for the next day.
    Search (x∞) - Convicted player's alignment is revealed to the Judge alone.
    Seizure (x1) - Convicted player becomes a stump. They do not flip or die, but lose affiliation, powers, and win condition.

here are the choices again for reference. the top half can be used if peramene is voted out, and the bottom if it is someone else.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

b-minus1 posted:

I prefer an investigation over killing peramene. Top choices to investigate are vector_to and Retro Futurist.

why should we investigate either one of them instead of you?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

I am delighted to discover I am being represented by reputable counsel. Surely we can now dismiss the case

##vote peramene

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

In Old Angiln it directly translates to "completely innocent".

I cannot dispute this bold claim

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm not going to be engaging with people roleplaying as lawyers tbh

mostly same but it's fine this early imo

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

Coming to you live from innovation in game design think tank something awful dot com, direct from today's judge: people having fun is bad

as it should be!!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
day one is really important, and significant, always

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm fairly mealy-mouthed, self-deprecating, and equivocating when I write, since, as a rule, I find it hard to take a firm stance on things in life. I speak my mind more often and more sincerely when town as I have nothing to lose. I'm far more cautious as scum since I feel bad letting down the rest of team, as I feel beholden to them to do a good job.

or maybe that's not what you wanted?

btw 100yrs, I forgot to go back and reply to you because I soon realized I was thinking of the lord of hats.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

solid, that makes literally one of you. please don't post about your boner, it's awkward

you would think that would be both the case and the way things would measure out for a logical evaluation but no, it is not, it has never been, have you played mafia with these jerk offs before, who are you, what's in the box, why are we still talking about this

I'm really not, and they really aren't.

I dunno why you quoted my post at the end as if it's related to 100yrs calling you out for not posting, but I will quote it again as it is important and correct

this is a stickup posted:

day one is really important, and significant, always

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
let's investigate me, instead, and then pmom can do a funny and kill or stump me, instead

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's not that. It just feels very wasteful. We lose a day altogether and nothing's changed. I also think being confirmed town would paint me as target to the scum. If they can't mis-direct people towards me, what good am I to them alive?

I don't understand your logic. you want to investigate someone today instead of killing someone today (good), but not you (oh) because nothing would change (:thunk:)

so if you realize that an investigation paints a target on your back, it also would paint a target on your two suggested targets' backs. it also wouldn't change and more or less than investigating you. why do you want to investigate anyone if this is the case?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

this is a stickup posted:

I don't understand your logic. you want to investigate someone today instead of killing someone today (good), but not you (oh) because nothing would change (:thunk:)

so if you realize that an investigation paints a target on your back, it also would paint a target on your two suggested targets' backs. it also wouldn't change any more or less than investigating you. why do you want to investigate anyone if this is the case?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
gulag trying to break the game early gives me good feels to some extent, but people jumping on like this makes me feel p suspicious

Retro Futurist posted:

I like it ##vote rf

this is a safe, easy vote to throw out early for a thing that will never come to pass

rf is kinda hard for me to read but probably a bad choice for activity reasons, and also

Tired Moritz posted:

Retro is always scum tbh

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##unvote

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I just realized the irony of feeling bad about rf having an early vote out there

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
your alignment being confirmed to the thread will change the game a lot for you whether you are town or scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote tired moritz

deadline is in 50m folks, remember it's plurality and we really should split the vote (without breaking the game d1)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Votecount for Day 1

100YrsofAttitude (4): Diqnol, Jeabus Mahogany, Tired Moritz, peramene
Tired Moritz (3): Tired Moritz, Pinterest Mom, Tired Moritz, GulagDolls, this is a stickup
b-minus1 (1): QuoProQuid
Mordiceius (1): 100YrsofAttitude
Retro Futurist (1): Retro Futurist
Diqnol (0): Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany
Jonathan Fisk (0): Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
peramene (0): this is a stickup, this is a stickup

Not Voting (5): b-minus1, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk, Mordiceius, vector_to

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 29th, 2017 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 51 minutes.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
the desperation you're exhibiting right now worries me a lot more than wasting an investigation on d1, so no, I'm not worried about investigating you. I think you're by far the best candidate.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Can I just quickly ask for your reasoning before I tie things up?

I don't have any strong feelings about his posts. he seems his usual d1 slash town self thus far.

but, I am historically bad at reading moritz and agree with the idea that picking a hard to read player is good.

he is a wildcard and can be a threat to the town as either alignment. tends to say scummy things. I think he's a solid choice to confirm to avoid this down the road, and as confirmed town, he is less of a threat to town and more to scum tbqh

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
deadline was 6 lil homies :redhammer:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pinterest Mom posted:

See, the thing is, you could have said, at any point yesterday, "I'm not town".

to be fair his posts d1 all scream that he is not town

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I agree with the above, today should be a quick and easy pmom 100yrs split

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Again, "should be an easy 100yrs and pmom split" is a ridiculous concept. Show your work, and show me who every voter in the game is on at the end of the day to make that split work.

here's my work, thus far: you should be confirmed as town due to the events of day one, and 100yrs isn't town

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
if YOU want to show why you think it doesn't work, you can go ahead and do that

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pinterest Mom posted:

The vote is 6 on 100yrs, 6 on me. Where is 100yrs' vote?

you assume that everyone is going show up and vote as someone else tells them to, and I don't understand why you are assuming that

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm saying that any scenario where there's a tie between 100yrs and another player requires 100yrs to go along with the scenario, and I don't see a reason for him to agree to that.

yes, that's true, but this risk is the same in every case. anyone can manipulate the vote if they don't want to be potentially investigated or killed, or to protect/harm someone else

I'm fine with taking the risk and going for a tie. if the consensus is to deal with 100yrs first, or later, I guess that's fine too. what would you suggest?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hi hello, I am catching up on these terrible ugly broken forums

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
almost ##vote 100yrs

still think pmom needs to be investigated

Adbot