Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
Well, at least it looks like there's a bunch of strong perks and not a single perk you have to run to feel as though you're on an even playing field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
I'm not sure I like WWII's divisions/perk system. It doesn't leave you with a great deal of choice, especially for certain game modes like ffa or snd where dead silence is a must.

That said, I'm having fun playing FFA so far.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wow, so rapid fire is really the only attachment you need for maximum effectiveness with the STG44 huh?

How good are we talking here? I'm not sure I really want to give up any of grip, quickdraw, mountain or sleight of hand for rapid fire, they're all work pretty well together.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Kingtheninja posted:

What's everyone's thoughts on a good lmg? I've got most attachments for the mg15 which make it pretty decent, but it still seems like every smg can out gun me.

Also war is so fun/frustrating. I can have a great team on one side and follow it up with idiots who think sniping is the key to locking down objectives.

If cod was a better franchise developed by a better company I'd say the bar is so good it's gonna get nerfed at some point.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Godzilla07 posted:

I'm a good sniper, but I shouldn't be able to do this twice in the same game

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellmadeBitesizedEmu.mp4

I mean, I'd see the issue if it were any other game mode but war is just spawn trapping without the effort of setting up.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
Do you guys actually think skill based match making is a thing?

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Javes posted:

Me personally? No. Obviously I do realize that certain modes will have better players overall compared to TDM though.

Edit: There has always been some form of SBMM in CoD but ping is always the highest priority. AW felt a little strange early on and I do think they had slightly increased the role skill played on matchmaking. It's nothing like Destiny however.

It wasn't so much aimed at you personally, more Mill Village who mentioned it above. But I'm curious what people here think anyway.

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of new player pool where you get a few games with other new players, after that you're just thrown to the wild.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
I didn't need to see this :smith:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the%20worst%20aim/video/39680388

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the%20worst%20aim/video/39790077

Sniper headshot contracts are fun.

Puckish Rogue posted:

The bug/feature where on the trenches level you can jump up onto the hill and hide in the dead trees/map on one spawn side has been there so long I'm not sure if it is a bug/feature.

Although by the fact you have to jump at it off the highest point in the middle of the trenches and then the character teleports there makes me think it may be a bug. I'm kind of a detective like that.

patch for that is coming next week I think.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

TMMadman posted:

Ok, where can you see what current bonuses are on you right now? Like the '10 minutes of bonus XP' or whatever it's officially listed as in game.

Below divisions/score streaks, though it might only show up if you have active bonuses? I'm not sure.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Syrinxx posted:

P90/Stopping Power/Steady Aim

P90xmags get to max prestige in just 3 weeks

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

SubponticatePoster posted:

This actually owns, citation?

Condrey tweet. The cannon playlist part is probably a joke.

Mill Village posted:

So they nerfed Primed but they haven’t implemented the changes to flinch. :downsbravo:

Oh and the sprint out time was not adjusted, either.

Throwing a primed nerf out there allows them to collect more data on how each gun performs with the new primed before adjusting flinch and I'd rather they not delay a primed nerf just for the sake of releasing it at the same time as a global flinch adjustment.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Love helping developers beta test their games 2 months into release.

I mean you can be as bitter about it as you want, but without any way of mass play testing changes (see: overwatch's public test region), incremental changes are probably the best way to approach this.

They'll probably still gently caress it up, but there'd have been more chance of them loving it up if they tried to implement both a primed nerf and global flinch changes at once.

How did you guys manage to enjoy cod before black ops 2 if you get this mad about flinch?

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
The reason pros don't want flinch is because it means that some fights are determined by rng as opposed to player skill. Outcomes determined by rng reduces the skill gap.

For pub play I am not especially bothered by some amount of flinch.

I am also not bothered by 50 points per kill in dom because killstreaks and they should just remove them all from the game.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Godzilla07 posted:

Titanfall did a similar thing with equipment and explosives. Powerful to make up for the fact that you had to choose them over stuns, Pulse Blade, etc…

https://twitter.com/z0mgitshutch/status/997194793779281920?s=21

I’m on European vacation right now so I'm not seeing all the details, but uh, did Treyarch just make Overwatch of Duty? No health regen? High TTK?

I'll give Treyarch the benefit of the doubt. This might be a good game, but it does not seem like a Call of Duty game.

- cooldowns
- character with mobility ability
- character with shield/area denial ability
- character with projected healing ability
- on battle.net
- Jeff Kaplan appearing in the reveal to reassure pc gamers that everything would be ok

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
black ops 1 definitely felt like it had a higher ttk at the time. It might have been the netcode, but I ended up switching to playing hardcore in black ops because of it. Although, that might have been because the scoping mechanics in that game were really dumb and I hated them so there was no point to playing core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Mister Facetious posted:

Hard scoping in BLOPS 1 was completely fine. I had multiple no death games while sniping in Dom.

Hard scoping was fine, having ridiculous sway that didn't even remotely represent where the bullet would go if fired before it settles was not fine. I'd have been ok with a nerf to quickscoping, but it should have been done by extending the scope in time.

• Locked thread