Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I haven't given a crap about a CoD game since MW2 and I still read these OPs every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't know why I thought this might be different. I guess I was really just hoping it would be slower paced rifle-centric gameplay, but this just looks like the last 15 CoD games and everyone has an automatic gun.

EDIT: LOL the bomb kill streak works just like a drone strike. You can guide a dumb bomb.

Popete fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 28, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You know the first couple CoD games that were set in WW2 that came out over a decade ago had automatics in them, right?

They did but they also had a number of bolt-action rifles and it felt more slow paced. I guess the maps back then were larger and built for long range engagements which is why it worked.

idk I guess I should just play Red Orchestra.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

I'm not really sure what you expected from Call of Duty in the year 2017. Regardless of the setting, they still have a player base to cater to, and the shift from people floating around in the air to boots on the ground that weigh the same as a tank was already a drastic shift to split what the yearly cod players want.

Yeah I get that, I don't even know what I would want from a CoD game anymore. I guess it would be cool if they had tried to do vehicles and large maps again like United Offensive.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Qmass posted:

Seems fine/good. Plays very much like other ground based cods. I skipped the last couple modern ones so it feels fresher again than someone that has been playing cod non-stop perhaps.

I have played plenty of mw2/3 + blops 1-3 and there is no way you can call this terrible if you like cod. This is the mcdonalds of gaming, you know what you are getting.

This is pretty much it. It's a CoD game and if you haven't played one in awhile you might enjoy it.

Lots of cheesy tactics like diving to the ground anytime you see an enemy. Prepare to get frustrated by try hards.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wait they reward you for sitting around watching other people open loot boxes?

lol

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Couldn't tell you, but I sure am feeling smug for spending on a 240hz monitor over an ultrawide :smugdog:

E: We are now a full hour into the official launch with no multiplayer. I haven't Codded in years, will they apologize to us with more double xp/loot crates or what?

Yes but you have to watch everyone else open their loot box first.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Debating getting this on PS4 or PC. What's PC like? Full of cheaters and poo poo?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

Literally every PC CoD game is full of cheaters and poo poo, this one is no exception

I haven't played a CoD game on PC since probably MW2 so idk. This is the first game I'm considering jumping back into but it sounds like I should just stick with PS4.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's been so long since I've played a CoD that I'm actually having fun???

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It makes me sad that LMGs suck in this, seems the only viable option is SMGs.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Been awhile since I've played a CoD but were attachments always just a straight upgrade? I feel like my guns are just plain worse than the poo poo I pick up from higher level players and in their kill cams the TTK is like a mili-second.

I also suck.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I unlocked the Garand and have been doing surprisingly well with it. Once again I'll state that LMGs suck in this game, the are way to slow firing/reloading and bringing up the sight to be viable in multiplayer.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Why would you ever need a scope in this game anyways? The maps are like 10 ft by 10 ft.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So are all future maps gonna be paid DLC? Cause there is hardly any maps in this game and well I'm enjoying it right now I'm afraid it's gonna get stale fairly quick if this is it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

black.lion posted:

How long is the campaign? If I buy this it will likely be for the campaign alone.... is it as good as the WW2 COD from a decade ago? I cried iirc

Do not buy this game for the campaign it's ok but not really at all like the old CoD campaigns. If you must, wait until this goes on sale for like $5.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

i like the war maps

Just give me more war maps and that's all I'd play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Whats the difference between an unlock and prestige token? They seem to do the same thing, unlock poo poo.

Also it took my until the other day to realize what all those grips you get in loot boxes actually do. It's just a pistol grip skin, which I didn't even realize was a thing you could see in game. What an incredibly lame thing to even implement and make up such a large portion of loot boxes. I've never noticed anyone else pistol grip skin.

• Locked thread