Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I pre-ordered on PS4 and played both beta weekends and had a fuckton more fun with it than I did with IW and BlOps3 and I'm excited to enjoy a Call of Duty game again for the first time since AW v:shobon:v

Same! I'm sure I'm in the minority, but the end of jumpy jump will make my old man reflexes competitive again. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society
Hi folks,

I just applied to the PS4 community, PSN name Oliaxx.

Looking forward to playing some shootmans with Goons. (Even though my old man reflexes are getting worse every year.) :smith:

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society
Has anyone noticed a bug with the current "Win 20 objective games" order and War mode?

We won a few games of War last night - both phases - yet did not get credit for any of the wins on the order. Wouldn't be the first weird bug this year, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. :confused:

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

You don't unlock any actual weapons through care packages afaik, just skins. You also can't use the skin until you've unlocked the original weapon - the first care package I opened on launch day had a FG42 skin in it that I won't actually get to use for a decent while.

To see them, you have to select the base weapon in the loadout menu and then it will give an option to choose between the original or alternate skin.

But in order to make this more fun, they don't actually tell you which weapon the new epic variant is for, so that you can spend time scrolling through all your guns for something new (since the "new item star symbol" showing up is also hit or miss).

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

They're alright for helping to lock down chokepoints on War mode because you actually have a bit of room / an objective, but they are completely useless in every other mode imo.

I haven't unlocked the prestige LMG yet so maybe that one is better, but I doubt it.

But of course bipod kills in War Mode don't count toward your Division challenges. (Neither do suppressor, sharpshooter, flaming shot gun shells of death, etc., but at least those can be gotten in other game modes.)

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society
Shoot me an invite if you’re up for double xp. “Win a War match” is proving hard with pubbies. PSN: Oliaxx

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

TMMadman posted:

Yeah that seems to happen to anyone who isn't the party leader. Having been the party leader several times, I can assure you that they can access everything.

At least until you back out of a game lobby after a match since that's usually when the game decides to screw everyone except the party leader.

I've been having the same problem for the last few days. Hard to imagine that they could actually make the COD social experience worse than in prior games.

That said, I'm really enjoying the actual game play; even if I do keep getting a little worse with each new COD since Ghosts. Maybe I"m just getting old... :negative:

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

TMMadman posted:

It's actually Cäser, which is the word used in the German Spelling Alphabet.

It is Cäsar. Which is the German word for Caesar (as in Julius); although the title Kaiser is apparently derived from Caesar.

Sad that German etimology is as close as I'm going to get to WW2 shoot mans while out of town on a 2XP weekend. :smith:

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

moist turtleneck posted:

I think I secretly like S-Mine because I feel like the kills would be infuriating

Is there a limit of S-Mines you can put on the field? Do they have a timer?

I believe you can have at least 4 out simultaneously.

Once you prestige expeditionary you can carry two at a time and replenish off the bodies of the fallen. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

SubponticatePoster posted:

This makes me want to prestige again (already prestiged exped) just so I can have an exclusively s mine rear end in a top hat class.

One of my friends plays exclusively this class, so far he has over 800 mine kills. :smug:

• Locked thread