Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

HELLBITCH posted:

This was a good post, if this was a real game I might actually play it. However, I'm sure a large company like Activision wouldn't let a name like "Call of Duty (slang for poop)" slip through marketing.

Call of Duty: Scheisse Division.

Would be called Excrement or poo poo Division for the german release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

JackGeneric posted:

IW just dropped a patch with two new melee weapons (katana and nunchucks) and some kind of weird dual-mode sticky grenade launcher.

Yeah, I don't get some of this future tech sometimes. Just before this we got like... two different grenade launchers. IT'S THE VENOM-X BOYS.

Good soup! posted:

Was the remastered Modern Warfare any good, I wasted so many hours in multiplayer like a lot of people back in the day

Eh, it's more a remake nowadays what with the rampant amount of drops and collect-a-thons and the paid map pack you can't get with a season pass.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I looked at that root beer PC thread and realized "wait poo poo they're doing the PC beta".

It's completely free so feel free to show off low res iron crosses preload and hope this doesn't look terrible.

Edit: wee page 2 here we are. Infinite Warfare's major crime of which I cannot forgive is the lack of a dab gesture. YOU HAD THE OPPORTUNITY GOD DAMMIT

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I know that but in the create-a-class menu in the part where I choose the division there's a button that lets me choose between French medic and Communist-Russian sapper or American paratrooper and British commando but not im not seeing an equivalent menu for my nazi.

Soldier -> Dossier -> Faces.

Also some bit of QoL problems I've noticed with the menu so far: mouse wheel scrolling in the menu does not work at all, don't even try it, and also unskippable cutscenes. Haven't gotten some sick gameplay shots yet.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Discussion > Games > CoD: WWII - My face is tired of being a white nazi

Fixed, also:

So much for putting polish into the PC port.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Xenaero posted:

If you aren't using double barrel shotgun with incendiary rounds you are missing OUT

I would but the bastards forgot to give me an Unlock Token for level 1. :argh:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Godzilla07 posted:

Some balance tweaks for the PC beta, though I don't know if they were pushed in the night or if the beta launched with them. If it's the latter, it didn't make much difference as SMGs were still dominant from the streams I watched. Maybe even more so with the better recoil control for the Waffe on m/kb.

No Garand buff I see. Or is the Garand actually good this time around. Because I remember not liking the handling of the Garand back on PS4 beta.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I kind of hate every map in this so far- However, gently caress everyone who wanted to take the series 'back to its roots' we could have had Advanced Warfare 2 instead of this, you braindead cocksuckers

"We're tired of jetpacks and supply drops and the future sucks!"

goes to world war 2- an era that has been mined the gently caress out by cod- with even worse supply drops

Now that I think about it, I haven't tried Advanced Warfare 1 at all. Looks hella cool somehow.

Yes it me, the guy who liked the look of Ghosts

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Godzilla07 posted:

WW2 really is running on 60 Hz servers! The damage and gunfire lag has been updated to 2017 standards, but the movement delay is worse than IW which explains a whole lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9iRFkGhze8

Sounds more like steps to the side instead of the whole "Step forward, step back" thing.

Also I'm humored that Chris' workaround for getting that program to work with the beta was to rename the program.

Let's see where it goes, then. As always.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

As they say, ow the edge

I dunno why, but that comes off as like... tryhard edgelording to me.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Aside from the last sentence in that description, it may as well be describing Killing Floor 2. Ho hum.

Yeah, it's like...

Do we want to see THE HORRORS OF THE NAZI REGIME and SAVAGE REALISM

or do we just wanna take a double barrel to some mutilated freaks and possibly a Nazi doctor

:thunk:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

That is a lotta bribes. :stare:

But thankfully we can stockpile them once weapons enter the drops.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Didn't ya hear, BOTG is that hip new buzzword that should both drive sales and mask abuse.

Also yeah I guess I can try tonight for that. New week of spoopy poo poo and the GORE CAMO.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I think Michael Condry (some guy who okay'd the BAL Obsidian Steed) even tweeted "IT'S NOT GONNA BE IN WW2"

... which means it probably will, since oops that was a leaked feature, can't leak features now that's bad, now to recode this so the leaks were wrong and I look great.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/how-activision-uses-matchmaking-tricks-to-sell-in-game-items-w509288

tl;dr - It won't matter how good the servers are, it'll match you up with whomever will be more likely to buy poo poo because you're good. It also means, that because goons are so much better than anyone else, any goon team with less than six people will get the shittiest newbs the game can match us up with on purpose, because our awesomeness will convince them to buy loot boxes.

Welp GG no re, Sledgehammer. More people don't believe you I guess.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

That won't work because we gotta pay to play the game. :v:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Wazzit posted:

I guess there's an implied sexual assault scene in COD2K17:WWII

Spoilers for anyone sensitive about how the events of World War 2 playout

In the year 2017, Press X to Bark has been replaced by Press X to let the Nazi gently caress

imo this is gross and shouldn't even be a player choice. A game about WWII and fighting Nazis, all player actions should be always come down to kill nazis.

~~videoo games~~ :shrug:

Gotta outdo IW's "let's shoot up the airport" mission. Which... how the gently caress is that more palatable than letting some analrapist Nazi do his thing.

Fuckin' hell, SHG. Could you stop trying to be so edgy with your horrors of war poo poo. It's prob a reason not to play the campaign.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Oh poo poo, uh. Some people leaked some Nazi Zombies screengrabs.

And a guy who is doing said screengrabs might have proven you can no longer make crawlers.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So far, it looks decent ish. Can only single pap but as one guy's vid points out it tends to give you a shitload of ammo.

Also it bears repeating in the right thread, we're either artifact hunting or finding the rest of Barbossa's Sword.

Also also, Klaus is a guy who gets eaten by the boss of the map. We're still wondering if we can save him somehow.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Christ that is a mouthful.

Also the idea of a remake of a remake of a map. :thunk:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

i heard a rumor that the nazis lose in this one, unlike a certain OTHER fps franchise

c/d?

That rumor might be incorrect

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Javes posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/

But people are dumb and keep uploading to youtube and twitter where it's guaranteed to get taken down in minutes.

Sometimes people are smart and let you download footy.

I downloaded one guy's run through of most of The Final Reich's Quest. I'm convinced it was almost the end because of cutscenes and a big gently caress of monster. And the fact the log said Epilogue in Deutschlandese.

Said guy also found how to get some upgraded Tesla Guns, and another guy mentioned completing Barbossa's Sword with a base Tesla Gun. So more than likely all we gotta do is FIND JAY GOTTA FIND JAY revive Klaus with Barbossa's Sword somehow.

And then there's that interview that shits all over the idea that the ACTUAL Quest was detailed as Objectives from a campaign. They're absolutely or more than likely referring to reviving Klaus/finding something in the Epilogue entry since you don't just have objectives on screen lead to a puzzle boss and a cutscene where something huge happens. Like, face it, you made the hunt for the Quest easy as hell. Don't bullshit us.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Agreed, but only because there's no win state, and it's horribly obtuse these days.

Would you believe it isn't that bad getting to the upgrade machine? Ride the sewer ways and push a button near its exit. Do that four times for an underwhelming Pack-a-Punch.

I would not worry about the Tesla Gun it sucks a mean bepis in how bad it is.

But yeah, there's a good reason this would have been a 6.5/10 for me.Had Condrey and Schofield shut their fuckin traps, the map is a light 7.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/MichaelCondrey/status/925493568969629697

"We want to make COD Zombies the elitist poo poo."

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

bear is driving! posted:

I got :10bux: that says you're playing WWII with us before the end of November.

I'm not him but I think I might hop on a week after launch because gently caress it I'll take painfully average instead of something good.

... unless Destiny 2 gets better or I get into it more.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

What about NitG (Nazis in the Ground)? :commissar:

Macy's you are dangerously close to a slur here.

Why not NitD instead?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

The Dirt. Nazis in the Dirt.

Or Snow. Or insert terrain type here.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I suppose. The fact it's dangerously close to a slur makes it better.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Hollenhammer posted:

the P.Morder isn't even an EE, you DICK

You could prob translate that to German and it would make more sense.

Javes posted:

I'm impressed with the innovations we're seeing from the player psychology division at Activision. Great stuff. Love too have my spinal cord tickled with variable releases of dopamine. And now other players can participate with me on the beaches of Normandy!

Nah dude, you gotta get that batch feed man. Let the high hit hard and ride it out. Also consider morphine to numb your senses so you have better aim.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

descends from the heavens

"Now that's a supply drop"

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

See that would require more effort to code one specific area as the supply drop area and have like a shitload of trains piled up in said area and on fire

If only there's a kinda camp we can concentrate this cash grab stuff into.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

:allears: This is hosed up but nothing would get my shekels out faster than ripping a corpse's rib cage out for a slightly different grip for my MP40.

"poo poo, ve are out of weapons for ze war effort. Let's see if zese schweinhunds have a gun in them."

"Oh, look at zhat. It's an MP40 with better rifling. Und better fire rate. Und no recoil too, how odd."

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Either that or that one Payday 2 comic with "I wonder how human flesh tastes", but replace flesh with micro transactions.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh my God

This is insane hahahahahahahahahhaah. I wonder if there’s going to be a supply drop / social score leaderboard.

Jesus fuckme Christ this is fuckin' gettin to stupid territory, and I like it.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

call of duty is a chuck e. cheese on the beaches of normandy now

"Hans gassed the ball pit again!"

Asehujiko posted:

As somebody who has never played zombies beyond round 4 of Nacht der Untoten but loves the music, will Kevin Sherwood be involved in this game so I can still not buy it and just listen to his stuff on YT?

Kevin Sherwood is Treyarch, my dude. This is Sledgehammer.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Go link your friend Wolfenstein 2. Also what the gently caress is a Schmeisser

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Asehujiko posted:

An MP-41 I believe.

Thought it was the MP40 but okay.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

But will Social Score increase your Social Links?

What I'm saying is that payloads should be converted into summons wherein you summon your Persona.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Wazzit posted:

Does that imply that CODWW2 is gonna be a masterpiece? From everything I've read on here Infinity Warfare was a franchise low.

If anything, WW2 is gonna be forgettable.

Time will tell, as always.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

You see the campaign isn't just about going to places you've been to before. It's also the friends we made along the w-

... wait, MG42s couldn't straight decap a man in one bullet right. Why the gently caress is Daniels looking at all this gore.

OH YEAH LET'S NOT FORGET THE RANDOM BOAT ON FIRE CAREENING TOWARDS YOUR BOAT, SURE IS AUTHENTIC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Beta had no anti cheat, why bother? IW on PC had no anti cheat for 2 months.

Well WW2 has anti cheat. It's VAC.

Also y'all nerds preorderin' and not waiting a week after launch for a fresh paycheck.

• Locked thread