Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

I love(d) Infinite Warfare: fun, distilled. I cancelled my WW2 preorder after the beta since it just felt boring next to more recent CoDs. BlOps 4 looks like like good craic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Any indications of any engine upgrades in BlOps 4? Were there any in WW2 over Infinite Warfare?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Godzilla07 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YswLmE5MxJk

Each studio has their own branch of the CoD engine. I think IW was the best branch technically out of BO3/IW/WW2. Really hoping Treyarch worked on stability and performance, because BO3 felt like it was barely held together after DLC3.

What happened with the DLC? Frame rate drops or something?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

How is stuff like that possible on console?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What? Like I’ll forever dunk on BLOPS3 forever because it was trash but I was genuinely hyped for BLOPS4 because it looks really fun?

Plus I’m down for blackout because it’ll be the perfect I can play solo and not ruin my WL ratio while I wait for a group to show up

What didn't you like about BlOps 3 that you liked about IW? I always thought they were really similar, and I loved them both.

Also, that sucks about the season pass. I've no interest in Zombies but I like me some new MP maps.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Says there's nothing there, what was it?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Bumper Stickup posted:

Who's pre-ordering blops 1111?

I. Bugs the hell out of me seeing IIII in articles, just needed to ventilate.

What's the general feeling been on WW2? Seems like a very forgettable entry; I cancelled after the beta.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I always wonder: what do these developers do in 3 years that they didn't do in 2? Engine upgrades? Certainly little gameplay mechanics changes. Blackout doesn't seem to account for the extra year.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

HD Asset creation takes forever.
Then you have to avoid animation and clipping bugs *cough*Andromeda*cough*, schedule voice actors, motion actors, design models that will only ever appear in this one game, etc.
Plus the QA, balance testing, UI, long-term dlc strategy, server stress testing, engine optimizations across three different platforms and four console SKUs...
Support for six to eight languages, bug fixes unique to foreign versions, animation lip-syncing, and and and-

No I get all that but they used to do this stuff in 2 years. I can't tell the difference between any 2-year and a 3-year developed game.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Three years ago we didn't have 4k graphics with HDR.
Read the interviews and articles. Check out the GDC channel on YouTube. Creating assets in HD- especially unique, one-off assets you'll never use again is incredibly time consuming.

Any links?

Been playing Infinite Warfare and the fragmentation of the player base is awful. I can't get any games with DLC maps. Why the hell are they doing this paywall maps shite yet again this year? Get with the times, son!

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I've only been playing WW2 for a few weeks - really enjoyed the campaign, even though it did nothing really new or interesting it felt like a solid entry, and the slower pace was a nice change.

The multiplayer on the other hand feels very slow paced in a bad way. I always like the advanced movement systems in the previous 3 games and I do like that equipment isn't wasted, since you can't just boost jump all over the place... But it feels so dull and bland compared to the previous 3 games.

What's the general consensus on WW2 at this point?

I'm hoping BlOps 4 balances a slightly slower pace with more engaging gameplay and equipment etc.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

porktree posted:

I hated it when it came out, but they've done a lot to improve the overall experience. No longer the worst COD. The netcode seems to be better, but it still feels hosted. I'm still playing (XBone).

So, I preordered BLOps IIII with a season pass, is the beta available this weekend? Will it just show up?

I believe you get a beta code from whoever you bought it from, then you can preload maybe the day before it goes live.

Can you elaborate on what they did to improve WW2?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

People got burnt on the advanced movement and you’ll either love or hate the gunplay compared to the slowier but beefier BLOPS3 but the streaks were fun and the hyper fast flying and jumping and dashing gameplay was insanely good for the 2 years we played it. Everyone’s on board the BLOPS4 wagon now after the weekend beta (myself included)

:dance::hfive: Sup Infinite Warfare super fan!

I've been on IW since skipping WW2 (aside from the past few weeks) - does BlOps 4 feel like much of a step back from the craziness of IW? I loved the advanced movement for those 3 games and I'm hoping I don't miss it too much with BlOps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The pace is good. Nothing hyper like IW and I think there’s still room for improvement between beta and launch where it could be a little fast overall while somehow not making SMGs reign supreme over everything else but the beta maps were pretty small and obviously designed around 5v5 so you’re never far from a fight. The gunplay is really, really, really good.

Looking forward to the Xbox beta this weekend. Why 5v5 now out of interest?

• Locked thread