Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I pre-ordered on PS4 and played both beta weekends and had a fuckton more fun with it than I did with IW and BlOps3 and I'm excited to enjoy a Call of Duty game again for the first time since AW v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MW: Remastered was the only reason to buy IW, gently caress with me

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Popete posted:

I don't know why I thought this might be different. I guess I was really just hoping it would be slower paced rifle-centric gameplay, but this just looks like the last 15 CoD games and everyone has an automatic gun.
You know the first couple CoD games that were set in WW2 that came out over a decade ago had automatics in them, right?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't know which was worse: Ghosts or IW. Either way, those 2 are beneath every other CoD game released in the past several years.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Only 3 more weeks fellas, who here is excited like me :buddy:

oh :smith:
I am because I feel like I've more or less exhausted Destiny 2's offerings and I'm not playing anything else right now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Facetious posted:

Wow, half the time of The Division. :eyepop:

(I'm not surprised all the doomsayers on YouTube were right)
I mean I spent close to 100 hours in it, but the PvP isn't really giving me any new gear anymore and my power level has basically plateaued, so I don't see a reason to do it anymore.

I'll probably play through it again with a new character in a different class one day, but for now I'm kinda burnt out on it and waiting for CoD to be my new timesink.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Facetious posted:

I wonder if it was in one of the pre-CoD 2 games too...
A remake of a map that was in CoD4 that was a remake of a map that was in CoD2 that was a remake of a map that was in CoD Big Red One.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh my God

This is insane hahahahahahahahahhaah. I wonder if there’s going to be a supply drop / social score leaderboard.
I've got this pre-loaded on PS4 and I can't wait to have the most realistic WW2 gaming experience of all by calling in a supply drop as a killstreak reward in the 1940s

Although my pre-load already downloaded a patch and it's version 1.03. I get the purpose of day one patches, but wouldn't that be 1.01? Why 1.03? It's not even out yet lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just signed into my PS4 and they patched it to 1.04. Still doesn't come out for like 6 hours.

What is this, a patch a day?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I remember buying...Advanced Warfare on PC, I think? Maybe BlOps3? And it took forever to find matches. This was soon after it came out too.

CoD started out being huge on PC but I don't think that's been the case for years. All the action's on console now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kilometers Davis posted:

I skipped IW because who cares but WW2 owns and I unironically like mystery boxes a lot so... should I buy?

I wouldn’t mind hearing someone blab about why this game is going to be fun and good.
IW was loving garbage and only worth buying for MW:Remastered.

WW2 multiplayer was great from what I played of the beta.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/926215842840436736

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There’s been a lot of dumb poo poo said on this thread but my dude you just won the prize.
Are you implying that IW was fun to play? Because no, no it was not.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MWR at least reminded me of when CoD was good

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

RM popping up itt every year to drop the shittiest of takes before disappearing into the mist will never not be funny to me

i mean, if you don’t like IW, whatever. but MWR? l o l
I'm not gonna disappear into the mist, I'm probably gonna spend hundreds of hours playing WW2 because I barely put any time into IW last year because it was a piece of poo poo :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

trash person posted:

the gently caress is a social score
You get that by Snapchatting the Normandy invasion

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh wow, D-Day is literally the first mission of the campaign

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait, no health recharge once you get into cover? This isn't Call of Duty!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Health packs in a CoD game :staredog:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hooray, QTEs are still alive in 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm playing the SP coming off having just beaten Wolfenstein II the other night and this is nowhere near as hard as that game lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hey remember Call of Duty 2 from 2005? Man, that was a Call of Duty with a good WW2 campaign.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I used to play CoD2 on PC with friends and we'd use TeamSpeak to communicate. Ahh, the good old days.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is this campaign really only 6 missions or are there only 6 shown on the first screen? I'm already on like mission 3 or 4. This is flying by.

Hopefully I can beat the campaign tonight while the servers are still down and then play MP tomorrow and never touch the campaign again.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well I finished the campaign. Whatever. Going to sleep now and looking forward to playing MP tomorrow if it ain't broke.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I love how there's a calling card that says BETA that you get if you played the beta.

It's like it never left beta :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The gently caress does it mean when the sides of my screen flash yellowish green for a second? Is somebody targeting me or what?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Unlucky7 posted:

I forget which class had it, but does it still have the shotgun with fire rounds?
Expeditionary, and yeah

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Facetious posted:

Do they still make blood curdling screams like the flamethrower kills in BLOPS 3?
Yeah, it's glorious. That's one of the reasons I pre-ordered.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

jabro posted:

Hey Sledgehammer, how am I supposed to get my 1vs1 order done if I am the only one in the HQ?
Yeah why was HQ totally empty besides NPCs tonight? Server issues?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

You can still burn people to death without getting a scorestreak using the incendiary shotgun, don't worry

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ethanol posted:

Is this game bad?
It's a Call of Duty game

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's some bug where I can't exit a lobby after a match ends. It's like I'm stuck in hell.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lmao, I couldn't get out of a lobby so I force closed the app from the PS button menu. Now when I open the game back up, it just loads forever, occasionally giving me a "Game lobby closed" or "Could not migrate host" message despite not even being in a lobby.

Nice.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Romes128 posted:

Amd 6300 and gtx 550. Plz halp
lol Not exactly a gaming PC

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wazzit posted:

This poo poo runs baby smooth on my voodoo2 3dfx card. I've even got colored lightning cranked up to the max. Really takes advantage of all these vibrant colors in the campaign.
But can you take advantage of the advanced fish AI?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMYso30L9zI

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why were there so many patches to this before the game even released if this is still in beta :lol:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

And yet I can't connect on PS4. I get the "service is not available at this time" message.

And the outage reporting form is broken on the site lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm sitting in HQ (which is actually populated for once) and there's a guy in here screaming into his mic "Ughhhhhhhhh gently caress this game, this game loving sucks", and like :same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BigglesSWE posted:

Played the campaign (PC) and I must say I really did enjoy it. Felt varied enough and they made it more political than I thought they’d do, but in a good way.

It’s not Wolfenstein but it didn’t even try to be, so no issue really.
In the Giant Bomb Quick Look of it, Jeff said the campaign felt like a remaster of a PS2 World War II game and that's pretty accurate.

• Locked thread