Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I just run around with the conc hammer. There are very few problems it can't solve. What a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

crabrock posted:

self charging crash beam and a few armor piercing anime swords subverter and any slipstream is pretty much god mode.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
There are multiple combinations of items that enable god mode, which is why this game is so good.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Man, what a fun game.

found a concussive hammer on a hijack mission. Cleaned out the entire map pretty much, then went for the pilot.

The pilot was armored, however, so he didn't get KO'd.
It all worked out, though, because it launched him forward, straight into a window, and blasted him off into space.

Hopefully someone finds the "Emergency Exit" concussive hammer now.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I just started this game, so I'm going to join the group and spam friend requests at everybody. Should I be focusing on liberating space stations and unlocking stuff in the stores before trying people's personal missions?

A good poster fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 22, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Personal missions is when you feel like you can do it, that lets you retire a character. Generally when stuff feels too easy either personal mission or liberate.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

A good poster posted:

I just started this game, so I'm going to join the group and spam friend requests at everybody. Should I be focusing on liberating space stations and unlocking stuff in the stores before trying people's personal missions?

Early on you'll probably want to get extra prepared before trying out personal missions. The rescue ones can be a real pain.

Later on, though, you'll probably want to do these missions as quickly as possible(and with the most barebones equipment) just to test yourself.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Halser posted:

Early on you'll probably want to get extra prepared before trying out personal missions. The rescue ones can be a real pain.

Later on, though, you'll probably want to do these missions as quickly as possible(and with the most barebones equipment) just to test yourself.

or you can load up on (optionally) visitors and breach grenade launcher and blow ships in half :q:

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Captain Foo posted:

or you can load up on (optionally) visitors and breach grenade launcher and blow ships in half :q:

hey, for most mission types(capture, rescue, assassinate) all you need is two swappers and a glitch trap.

Swap your target out from outside the ship, find some guard, glitch trap him into space and then swap with him. In and out in a second.

Shame that tearing ships in half is only really feasible against glitchers

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Halser posted:

hey, for most mission types(capture, rescue, assassinate) all you need is two swappers and a glitch trap.

Swap your target out from outside the ship, find some guard, glitch trap him into space and then swap with him. In and out in a second.

Shame that tearing ships in half is only really feasible against glitchers

how the the heck do you target people when you're outside the ship (or do you mean in your pod but not entered into the ship proper)

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Captain Foo posted:

how the the heck do you target people when you're outside the ship (or do you mean in your pod but not entered into the ship proper)

You can click on a swap target even if they're obscured by the ship exterior cutaway texture, just as long as you know where they are. And I'm pretty sure the assassination target pointer thing points directly to the target, even from outside, so it should be easy to find them.

I've done stuff like visiting outside the ship from inside, and then swapping with my assassination target to space him, although I've actually never tried just flying up to the ship and swapping the target, without ever even docking. I don't think you can use items while piloting your pod, so you'd have to eject first. I think it could work?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

super fart shooter posted:

You can click on a swap target even if they're obscured by the ship exterior cutaway texture,

:monocle:

I've played through the game 3 times and never figured that out

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

super fart shooter posted:

You can click on a swap target even if they're obscured by the ship exterior cutaway texture, just as long as you know where they are. And I'm pretty sure the assassination target pointer thing points directly to the target, even from outside, so it should be easy to find them.

I've done stuff like visiting outside the ship from inside, and then swapping with my assassination target to space him, although I've actually never tried just flying up to the ship and swapping the target, without ever even docking. I don't think you can use items while piloting your pod, so you'd have to eject first. I think it could work?

might be a bit tricky at first, but it definitely works.

Get near your target from outside, eject, stop time, swap. A long range swapper might be a good idea since the target may be too far inside the ship.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Just lol if you don't solve every mission by stealing a nearby Glitchers ship and hosing your target down with missiles.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Tom Francis just announced his next game, Tactical Breach Wizards. It's very early in development, he looks to still be prototyping but I like the concept and after Gunpoint and Heat Signature I'm day 1 with any of his games. Seems to be similar to X-Com with magic elements? Also he dropped GameMaker in favor of Unity this time around.

https://twitter.com/Pentadact/status/959454123967041541

http://www.pentadact.com/2018-02-02-pitch-tactical-breach-wizards/

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Wazzit posted:

Tom Francis just announced his next game, Tactical Breach Wizards. It's very early in development, he looks to still be prototyping but I like the concept and after Gunpoint and Heat Signature I'm day 1 with any of his games. Seems to be similar to X-Com with magic elements? Also he dropped GameMaker in favor of Unity this time around.

https://twitter.com/Pentadact/status/959454123967041541

http://www.pentadact.com/2018-02-02-pitch-tactical-breach-wizards/

I love this concept so much

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I would like to throw money at this game.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I would like to throw money at this game.

I'm throwing money at my computer screen right now but nothing's happening!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'm the tier one pyromancer.

I'm surprised it took this long since the first tactical wizard fight jokes when the Harry Potter movies started turning wand fights into gun fights with sfx, but I'm glad that it's this guy doing it.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Lol @ the scoped wizard staves

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

zedprime posted:

I'm the tier one pyromancer.

I'm surprised it took this long since the first tactical wizard fight jokes when the Harry Potter movies started turning wand fights into gun fights with sfx, but I'm glad that it's this guy doing it.

This is like Doorkickers/Frozen Synapse meets that Penny Arcade strip from years ago about high concept dual wand-wielding wizard action films or whatever it was and I'm ok with that.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The lectern shield is really good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm extremely hype

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Wands mounted in carbon fiber tonfas is literally the dopest poo poo

Serf
May 5, 2011

The Riot Priest being listed as "agnostic" is probably my #1 reason for wanting this game now.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What truly astounds me is how original the idea is. I didn't think there were original ideas left.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Think it's important to note that this isn't really an official announcement that he's developing this game next for sure? He's just showing some concepts and he might drop it altogether. Looks rad as hell though. I love when strategy/tactics games have fantasy elements and let you play with sick powers and unique units.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm assuming that his inbox is currently being flooded with people showing interest.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
the thematic stuff is awesome, the basic gameplay mechanic (replayable planning of real-time action?) I'm not totally sold on but I assume he's got better ideas in his head for how it will work than just what's in that pitch

Stan Taylor posted:

Think it's important to note that this isn't really an official announcement that he's developing this game next for sure? He's just showing some concepts and he might drop it altogether.

it's also important to note that Gunpoint took 3 years, and Heat Signature took 2.5 years plus like a six month chunk of the gamedev equivalent of writer's block in which he made a different game.

so like I'm marking my calender to buy it day 1 because Tom's track record is 100% great, but I'm marking it for sometime in 2021.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Riot Priest sounds way cooler than boring ol' Cleric.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Running crowd control for the unruly pantheon of gods would be exhausting. But when you're equipped with (a) mace, censers and holy hand grenades, the job doesn't sound too bad.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Waffle! posted:

Riot Priest sounds way cooler than boring ol' Cleric.

Riot Priest got nothing on motherfuckin TONFAWANDS

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I like that the Tier One Pyromancer has a "high speed low drag operator"-type beard and backwards cap. Also, that all of his tactics are just "set things on fire."

Looking forward to Tom Francis' next game, even if it isn't Tactical Breach Wizards (but it should be). Gunpoint and Heat Sig are both very fun games.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Tentative thread title: Tactical Breach Wizards: Tom Francis' Defenestration Simulator 3

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

so he played into the beach and then decided to make his own, but wizard themed? uh, cool i guess

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Zetsubou-san posted:

Tentative thread title: Tactical Breach Wizards: Tom Francis' Defenestration Simulator 3
Special Wizards And Tactics.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

https://twitter.com/dartt/status/959468145546276864

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can see some sort of crossplay with Payday with this tactical magecop thing.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/HeatSig/status/962069257163980800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
I just got this and it rules.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/beefart

• Locked thread