Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I say we keep the name of Luso and name the clan Rabble for how many miscellaneous characters we'll wind up with. Also as the name of the thread indicates, there is an auction house and yes it's key to becoming more powerful than god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well I never bothered with the MP clan benefits so it was either heal/buff or kill.
The game never got hard enough to justify a fifth killer mans so I just gave them a healing loadout and sleepwalked through the game.

I personally thought the friggin MP thing was completely ludicrous. I mean, who WOULDN'T top their mages off every battle?! Obviously other than poor motherfuckers who don't stock up on MP recovery. Some say it was for balance purposes. I say it only brought physical attackers to the top of the totem pole outside of certain things like Leap and Tranq from Green mages. Also made certain abilities a bitch and a half to actually pull off.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Strange Matter posted:

I think my FFTA cart showed somewhere in the vicinity of 300 hours when I finally shelved it. I don't think I got anywhere near that mileage out of FFTA2, so I'm interested to see some of the finer points that I'm sure I glazed over.

FFTA was a great game. Too bad that 100% completion of quests can be a bit aggravating if you're stupid like me and throw out quest items that you only get one of in the entire game. I totally didn't do that until about a dozen hours after the fact and hosed my save to hell and back as a dumb kid back then, not at all :shepicide:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Strange Matter posted:

Oh, not to spoil anything, but does FFTA2 have anything equivalent to FFTA's Jagds?

Yes and no, you will never LOSE a character in the game through bullshit perma-death. But there -are- missions where you don't have your judge for the duration of it.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Lezaford is a cool dude and is really a nice old hermit man who somehow hasn't gone crazy yet. Also I'm seconding the motion of :getin: with the arrival of the AH. Oh god that place was not made for when you get access to it since it's PITIFULLY easy to rip the game a new hole with it alone.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Hehehe. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I can finally post this picture from the MMBN 2 LP.

(Wrong series, yes, but the message is indeed right)

But seriously, this game is hilariously easy to break once you figure out how to game the AH as hard as possible. Also throwing my vote in with Gria and Assassin Viera for recruitment opportunities.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Ah how I love thee Gladiators. Shame about that speed.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Rigged Death Trap posted:

In a world just filled to the brim with weird magical things and supernatural beings a heritor shouldnt be or feel so special.

Maybe thats the heritor curse, believing in your own hype.

Nah, it seems to be "Use these powers but know they will consume and kill yo bitch rear end"

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I have never reached the post-game last mission. Then again I was too much of a scrub to beat the final boss because I did bad with character growths. I have heard absolutely nothing more than horror stories about the bullshit that Last Mission puts you through. Icing on the cake? some Most of the A/S-Ability combos the AI uses are unavailable to the player. Because the AI just HAS to be able to cheat as much as it possibly can to punch the player's balls off

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I’d like to point out a certain combo that one can use if they want MP on a mage. (Don’t think it’s been pointed out in the thread or LP)

1: Equip mage(s) with elemental absorption armor
2: Have a banga with Soul Sphere and a weapon that matches the equipped person(s) armor element absorbtion
3: Use Soul Sphere on person(s)
4: Be healed to your person(s) MP
5: Commit murder of everything that stands in your way because you now have infinite MP
6: Repeat process until you kill god or whatever

I know it’s a bit cheesy, situational and whatnot, but hey, another way to cheat game mechanics never hurts nobody

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Solumin posted:

Unfortunately I can't test Soul Sphere, since Lian hasn't mastered it yet. I'm wondering if the Raptor's Soul Crush (which does HP and MP damage) could be used as a heal and MP restorer. They can even equip the lightning-element Vajra broadsword, too.

Might wanna test test that next time you get the chance. Would be fun to see if it does or doesn't work.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Hmmm. Guess what I read was misleading then or on the JP version of the game or some poo poo. Ah well, was worth a shot I suppose

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Solumin posted:

The next couple updates are going to take a few extra days each, because I'm trying to add a bit more polish than usual. (I've already made 7 gifs for the next update. 7!)

You madman. YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I remember getting up to the last boss and getting my rear end WRECKED by it. I was flailing around trying to survive and I...just stopped playing at that point. I don't remember exactly where my characters were at, probably mid-thirties if that, I was mostly just beelining the main quest for some ungodly reason. I am bad at videogames guys :shepface:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Solumin posted:

Update 40: Obligatory Tournament Arc, Part 1

Last bout set, execute!

Er, wrong game, sorry.

:allears: Glad SOME people remember that series. It died so young. I still blame it's little brother's second game for it's death.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

kw0134 posted:

Naturally, in the FFTA1 LP the thread voted for Montblanc's death because goons :v:

RIP Montblanc, he died to an Ultima Sword backstab because people are assholes.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Visit witch and do quest, NOOOOOOOOO MURDER!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Spoiler: Everyone dies, the end

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Bloody balls gently caress Bright Moon Tor.

Also double vote for Filler just to get it out of the way.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Solumin posted:

Hey friends, no update this week. Life keeps happening and making it hard to sit down and record this update. I'm hoping to have it up before I leave for the holidays, but either way it's going to be slow.
So watch this space, I guess.

Just don't kill your relatives and we're good, you can't exactly do an LP from jail. But we can wait for however long it takes for the next update to come out.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
: Now, I'm going to ask again. Recite this ancient Magik by memory to summon forth the Old Ones or I'm going to have to use these spiked boots on your face. Again.

Talf would totally be a tough but fair teacher in the ancient magikal artes. :colbert:

Anyways Tor 2: Electric Boogaloo is my choice.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Solumin posted:

I've updated the update with the truth, which is that the jelly deserves to feel pretty and you shouldn't steal the ribbon.

That jelly can go to hell, it will relinquish it’s ribbon into your grimy paws and it will die without it. Gods know you need all the ribbons you can get for The Final Countdown

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Ooof. Time to get grinding those levels somehow. Or cheat them in. Cheating is good. Because last I checked, Bright Moon Tor doesn't come with lube for whats gonna happen.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Death to the paaaaaage! :black101:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Just do Rivalry and get it over with IMO, you can do Tor later (until you run out of side content and can’t put it off any longer)

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Sleeeweeeeeeep...also something something new page.

Edit: NEW PAGE! Yea!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
IT’S ALL OGRE! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Gratz on another LP in the can! Got any ideas for games you wanna LP in the (near) future? After a break, of course.