Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Don’t delete the demo. An 11 gig patch will be pushed for anyone who digitally ordered the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

cowboy elvis posted:

Don’t delete the demo. An 11 gig patch will be pushed for anyone who digitally ordered the game.

I have the demo. I used a digital code to get the game (review copy) from the PSN store. It downloaded 54GB.
v:shobon:v

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I went ahead and bought the game today cause why not and I have a job again, though didn't get to play much I had some minor gripes here and there but might be switching back and forth between Forza and GTS which threw me for a loop. Hopefully Kaz doesn't take long with the fact that DLC will be here and there like 5 & 6 and a little bit bigger so this game has a bit more legs.

https://www.dualshockers.com/gran-turismo-sport-dlc-cars-tracks/

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I'm really curious how the DLC will be handled in terms of output. Most studios have like a skeleton crew working on the DLC once the game ships, but if Polyphony is still going full bore since the game is now a "service" or whatever we may actually see stuff relatively soon.

I'm also curious how the pricing is going to end up... GT6 had a ton of stuff released for free, but I'm worried how generous they will be this time around. Hopefully at the very least the prices are reasonable, and we aren't paying $5 for a car or something stupid.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BMB5150 posted:

I went ahead and bought the game today cause why not and I have a job again, though didn't get to play much I had some minor gripes here and there but might be switching back and forth between Forza and GTS which threw me for a loop. Hopefully Kaz doesn't take long with the fact that DLC will be here and there like 5 & 6 and a little bit bigger so this game has a bit more legs.

https://www.dualshockers.com/gran-turismo-sport-dlc-cars-tracks/

err... it's not out for another 2 days?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tomorrow at 9pm pacific time!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

abagofcheetos posted:

Yeah I'm really curious how the DLC will be handled in terms of output. Most studios have like a skeleton crew working on the DLC once the game ships, but if Polyphony is still going full bore since the game is now a "service" or whatever we may actually see stuff relatively soon.

I'm also curious how the pricing is going to end up... GT6 had a ton of stuff released for free, but I'm worried how generous they will be this time around. Hopefully at the very least the prices are reasonable, and we aren't paying $5 for a car or something stupid.

the initial car list is all of 150 or so cars, I know there's a focus on GT3, GT4 and comparable groups, and I understand and appreciate that...but there needs to be more. It's weird, they're almost abandoning the thing that made Gran Turismo into the series we know and wish was better.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It’s pretty simple when you think about it. Having 150 cars is way easier to tune a fair and balanced mp mode that allows access to every car.

But yeah more would be better... much better.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I always wanted 500+ cars in my racing games then I realized I probably never used more than 20 different cars so stopped caring. 150 is still a poo poo load of cars and Kaz said some non-racing cars will be released so I can cruise some grocery getters around the track too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ethanol posted:

It’s pretty simple when you think about it. Having 150 cars is way easier to tune a fair and balanced mp mode that allows access to every car.

But yeah more would be better... much better.

looking at the class breakdowns for Project Cars 2, you can add 20 cars and four or five classes pretty easily though too. And it would be easy for them to start going "down" with the classes too if they wanted (like to B-class Honda Fit/Toyota Vitz/Mazda Demio spec cars, or other slow-er ones).

I agree that we don't need the *checks GT6 listing* 1,200 or so cars that the previous title had, but it's weird. First time a mainline console GT game has gone this far lower on car count versus its predecessor since GT3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would rather have more tracks, I feel like Sport does not have enough.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If they made a DLC of the GT1 maps I'd get the game and the DLC in a jiffy. The original maps mean that much to me.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 16, 2017

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Some of the new tracks are really good though. That one where there is the huge downhill before a sharp left, followed by those fast chicanes (don't remember the name at all, and I hope I'm even remembering it right) is a great freaking track. I'm also glad they included a tri-oval even though I'm not great at driving it yet (growing up near Pocono gave me a soft spot for them).

They really do need to bring back some of the old favorites as well... I would think they would be easier to make than "real" tracks since they don't need to do any scanning?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I said come in! posted:

There are only 17 locations, and that gets reduced to about 12-13 after you take out the rally tracks. Still, I'm not as disappointed as I thought I'd be with the track listing because the fictional tracks (e.g. Maggiore, Dragon Trail) are really good. Way better than say, Silverstone.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

They’ll probably add tracks through free dlc? No? I’m not too informed on polyphony’s post release support

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ethanol found the perfect bundle for you, just gotta go to taiwan

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
And DLC track support was pretty decent for GT6 - these are what came out, all for free:

http://gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:GT6_DLC_Circuits

And these were the DLC cars, not including all of the vision cars:

http://gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:GT6_DLC_Cars

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

abagofcheetos posted:

Some of the new tracks are really good though. That one where there is the huge downhill before a sharp left, followed by those fast chicanes (don't remember the name at all, and I hope I'm even remembering it right) is a great freaking track. I'm also glad they included a tri-oval even though I'm not great at driving it yet (growing up near Pocono gave me a soft spot for them).

They really do need to bring back some of the old favorites as well... I would think they would be easier to make than "real" tracks since they don't need to do any scanning?

Dragon Trail is the best so far, the long chicane that starts reminding one of the harbour-side entry of Monaco feels so good.

Where are the previews and reviews from the gaming sites that can't stop spamming everything Forza?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

abagofcheetos posted:

ethanol found the perfect bundle for you, just gotta go to taiwan

I can’t even tell if that Miata is in game dlc or it’s actually a real car added in to the price

I would take the thrustmaster and real 2018 Miata though

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I liked having all the low res ps2 car models in GT5 and 6. It seems like if you've got the models in some CAD program then yeah just drag them on in to the new system and don't bother updating them at all, just leave them as a bonus. But okay, you want your shiny new product to look shiny and new 100% of the time, fine. But what about tracks? They're all modeled already from last gen. How many polygons need to be added to a track? Maybe update the asphalt texture? However much work is involved it's nowhere near starting from scratch, so just throw them in. I don't understand how racing games don't all just have 100+ tracks by this point. That's the real content.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

I said come in! posted:

I'm surprised Circuit of the Americas isn't in there.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Arcella posted:

Polyphony spared us

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

1.5 hours!

Shouldn't stay up but ... just a few laps ...

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
kaz really loves dancing

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaUp8h-FfN3/?taken-by=stefano_silvestri

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Arcella posted:

Gran Turismo is...good again?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You have had 3 minutes to play. Is it the greatest racing game ever yet? I can't play for another 9 hours.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Burned by a second pre-release update. 21 minutes left.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

gently caress Tuesday releases forever

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

teethgrinder posted:

Burned by a second pre-release update. 21 minutes left.

Yeah my PS4 didn't download the 12.32GB update so I still haven't started playing yet. 11 minutes left.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Yeah my PS4 didn't download the 12.32GB update so I still haven't started playing yet. 11 minutes left.
I got a 1.01 one prior, but the 1.02 one started probably somewhere around an hour prior to release.

Also,

ethanol posted:

gently caress Tuesday releases forever

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In love with the intro video. As always Gran Turismo starts with great introductions.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Apparently I missed the memo that older Logitech wheels are no longer supported? :(

Mine's not handy to verify, but a friend just told me and the option is not in the controller setup.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

teethgrinder posted:

Apparently I missed the memo that older Logitech wheels are no longer supported? :(

I'm pretty sure the G29 works, because it's in the menu. Driving Force GT and G27 don't have PS4 drivers though, and no wheel manufacturer wants to make one for financial reasons.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

teethgrinder posted:

Mine's not handy to verify, but a friend just told me and the option is not in the controller setup.

I've heard that GIMX will get a G27 to work on PS4, and apparently the CronusMAX now reads older Logitech and Fanatec wheels to the PS4 with FFB now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cronus also has a drivehub that basically lets any wheel work with PS, Xbox, or PC. From people's accounts on it the thing uses magic because it works awesome. Even can get a DFGT to work on a PS4 and the Fanatec v2.5 works too.

jabro fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 17, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't like that there are tracks locked away, and the Vision GT cars do not have cockpit views.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

dentist toy box posted:

Polyphony spared us

Woah are we in a fight with CotA?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Is there content (cars or tracks) locked behind the online mode only? I don't care about career mode as long as I can set up time trials for myself. I mostly just hotlap in racing games anyhow.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I said come in! posted:

I don't like that there are tracks locked away,
Yeah that was really annoying when I just wanted to give it a quick try last night. Yay ... the demo tracks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Christ, checked the G29 out of curiosity ... $500 CAD and the H-gate is an $80 add-on.

Guess $90 USD for the Drive Hub it is.

• Locked thread