Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Triscut+sardines+vindaloo sauce

Enough said, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

At some point I blended up a pizza and sipped it. It... tasted like pizza. Kind of disconcerting. I couldn't get more than a few sips in.

I'm really hoping my implants don't fail. I've got 8. I've been scrupulously taking care of them. I've only been implanted for three weeks and a bit, so I have another three months of waiting until I get my abutments placed.

e: is it painful if they do? What's the MO there?

14 here, 8 upper 6 lower. I had no pain, went in for my bi-weekly checkup and the doctor noticed the bone had disappeared around 3 of my lower ones. Spent 3 hours with local anesthetic at 9pm on a Sunday, surgeon took them out and moved them slightly. Not nearly as painful as the original implants, but the time reset blows.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Scathach posted:

Triscut+sardines+vindaloo sauce

Enough said, I guess.

Nah just take that triscuit and pour a little olive oil on it and wait a sec for it to soak in. Works best for the rosemary ones.

And the rare occasion we have Triscuits in the house I'll pop two or three of these when nobody is around to see my shame.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fo3 posted:

Yeah, coconut is mainly in the southern curries. I don't think tiggum has had much Thai besides green, red and yellow curries from magazine/internet recipes.
I've mostly had Thai food at restaurants, because a few of my friends really like it. I generally just put up with the coconut, because I don't hate it, I'd just prefer that not everything on the menu tasted so strongly of it.

C-Euro posted:

Coconut milk is the base for curry "broth" so yeah any Thai curry you eat is probably going to have some coconut. I'm not a huge coconut fan but honestly I've never really been able to taste it in a finished curry. If you can taste the coconut you either have too much milk or not enough paste.
I guess if you're making it yourself you can adjust it to taste, but whenever I've been to a Thai restaurant it's been the dominant flavour of everything.

TATPants
Mar 28, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Wife and I went on vacation in Florida a month ago and I'm pretty sure we had Wawa food for dinner every night we were there.

WaWa is the best! It is so much better than 7-Eleven.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

C-Euro posted:

Coconut milk is the base for curry "broth" so yeah any Thai curry you eat is probably going to have some coconut.

Again, no. That is a southern thing. North Thai curries do not use coconut because there's no coconut growing there.
Jungle, or northen curry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaeng_pa If you find it with coconut then it is probably westernized to make it less spicy. But usually it should be similar herbs and spice to a southern curry, but probably more on the shrimp paste and fish sauce than southern coconut curries.

E: Plus they usually have simpler grill meat, stirfry veg type and add rice recipes.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 9, 2017

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Tiggum posted:

I've mostly had Thai food at restaurants, because a few of my friends really like it. I generally just put up with the coconut, because I don't hate it, I'd just prefer that not everything on the menu tasted so strongly of it.
Fair enough. Either they are southern Thai restaurants or they cater to that because most people expect that when thinking 'Thai food', so that is what sells. A lot of northern Thai is more Indian or Chinese influenced and grew up around coconut not even being available. Some further south without a fresh supply use coconut oil though - get some of the flavour but it's way more transportable. Coconut oil is make like clarified butter or like how ghee is made, reduce until separated.
But here's an example of a northern curry with Burmese influence (who had influence from Indian curries). Note the tumeric, cardamom, tamarind, cassia etc and complete lack of coconut.

Northern thai pork curry

Main:
500g pork belly or ribs
12 red shallots, peeled
3T palm sugar
1/4 cup fish sauce
1/4 tamarind water
1-2 cups water
optional peanuts

Curry paste:
2T standard red curry paste (you could make it yourself from scratch but...) plus:
1tsp tumeric
1T coriander seeds, roasted and ground
2 tsp cumin seeds, roasted and ground
3 star anise, roasted and ground
2cm peice of cassia bark/cinnamon stick, roasted and ground
5 cloves, roasted and ground
2 cardamom pods roasted and ground
(note could replace all the above with powders at a pinch, but I never have)

Garlic and ginger paste
4 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp salt
2cm piece of ginger

Directions:
make the curry paste, make the garlic and ginger paste separate by grinding in a mortar and pestle, and set them both aside.
Blanch the pork twice, set aside to cool. Then dice.

Fry the garlic and ginger paste, add pork to mix and stir fry 1 min, then add the curry paste and stir fry 1min before adding shallots.
After everything has some colour and fragrance, add tamarind water, fish sauce, sugar and water (start with 1 cup, adding more if needed).

Simmer for one hour or until pork is tender. Adding optional peanuts to serve.

Original recipe has red curry paste made from scratch of course, and a whole heap of ginger and garlic in the 'main' section for late additions. But I like to spend less money in ingredients and also less time.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Oct 9, 2017

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

C-Euro posted:

My wife is Thai and whenever we have people over for dinner we will cook Thai food for them. People are always blown away by our cooking but most Thai food is actually piss-easy to make.

My fiances family come from vietnam and whenever she makes something vaugely asian it's always just crap, sorry to be harsh but that's the truth. Usually it's some random meat and vegetables inna frying pan, then add water, perhaps a bullion cube, fish sauce, then eat with noodles or rice. It's loving disgusting watery blandness is what it is.

Her family makes similarly bad food. When there are holidays at her parents it's usually all vegan, all boring, all long since cold dismal food. Lots of canned fake meat stuff too, which ironically is probably better than most of the other stuff.

I know vietnamese food can be good since I've tasted other vietnamese peoples food (there are quite a lot living here). I've even made better vietnamese food myself from internet recipes! I don't know what it is about them but I never look forward to eating there.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Every food culture has bad cooks.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Whenever food advertisements say "It's just like grandma used to make!" I can never relate because my own grandmother bless her soul made really bland food and never added any goddamn salt.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I like tomato sauce (ketchup). On hotdogs, on chicken nuggets, on pies, on sausage rolls, even on chips if there's no mayonnaise. I know it's one of the most popular condiments that exists, it just seems like around here this is an unpopular opinion.

franco
Jan 3, 2003
For most of my adult life I put tomatoes in the fridge. I guess I thought "raw tomatoes are a sort of salad-y thing so into the salad/crisper draw they go!". I wish somebody had told me about the LOSS OF drat FLAVOUR thing all those years ago. Even lovely, watery, supermarket tomatoes retain some flavour when kept out...who knew?

To redeem myself, I've always kept eggs unrefrigerated but that's only correct if you're in a land of non-weirdly-washed eggs.

For an idiotic culinary eureka moment, I've only had a fan oven for a few years. It's not a particularly fancy one but it's decent and a lack of (much) preheating and even temperatures are great. When you turn it off the fan continues running in the cool-down phase. Often it can go for 10/15 mins before fully shutting off, depending on how long/hot it has been going. Embarrassingly recently it dawned on me that if you leave the loving oven door open after you're finished then it will cool faster and the fan will shut off after a matter of less than a minute or two. That should be obvious to anyone who has let the heat out on a soufflé/yorkshire pudding or something but apparently not me! :downs:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Tiggum posted:

I like tomato sauce (ketchup). On hotdogs, on chicken nuggets, on pies, on sausage rolls, even on chips if there's no mayonnaise. I know it's one of the most popular condiments that exists, it just seems like around here this is an unpopular opinion.

Nah, I'm with you on some of those. Tomato sauce is necessary for sausage rolls or poo poo pies. I never have them on chips (prefer sweet chilli sauce - or just chicken salt, or salt and vinegar), and I don't eat hot dogs or nuggets.
But tomato sauce on sausage rolls or a cheap pie like 4n20 or sargents is the done thing.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I couldn't live without ketchup. And Heinz is my favorite, just sooo much better than the local brand that used to be top dog (Felix).

I also like plain old tabasco, I've tried all sorts of brands and stuff but I always come back to plain standard tabasco. That and the rooster brand sriracha sauce (the other one tastes vile, is it a duck?)

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Oct 9, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Fo3 posted:

Again, no. That is a southern thing. North Thai curries do not use coconut because there's no coconut growing there.
Jungle, or northen curry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaeng_pa If you find it with coconut then it is probably westernized to make it less spicy. But usually it should be similar herbs and spice to a southern curry, but probably more on the shrimp paste and fish sauce than southern coconut curries.

E: Plus they usually have simpler grill meat, stirfry veg type and add rice recipes.

My wife is from north-central Thailand but whenever I've been over I don't think we've eaten northern-style curries, I'll have to check them out next time. I think we have a a can of kaeng pa paste around here too...

His Divine Shadow posted:

My fiances family come from vietnam and whenever she makes something vaugely asian it's always just crap, sorry to be harsh but that's the truth. Usually it's some random meat and vegetables inna frying pan, then add water, perhaps a bullion cube, fish sauce, then eat with noodles or rice. It's loving disgusting watery blandness is what it is.

Her family makes similarly bad food. When there are holidays at her parents it's usually all vegan, all boring, all long since cold dismal food. Lots of canned fake meat stuff too, which ironically is probably better than most of the other stuff.

I know vietnamese food can be good since I've tasted other vietnamese peoples food (there are quite a lot living here). I've even made better vietnamese food myself from internet recipes! I don't know what it is about them but I never look forward to eating there.

:sever:
Alternatively, make banh mi

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Bit too late for that, 11 years and two kids. Not that I mind, when she cooks western food it comes out fine.

I also made banh-mi once:

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 9, 2017

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Fo3 posted:

Fair enough. Either they are southern Thai restaurants or they cater to that because most people expect that when thinking 'Thai food', so that is what sells. A lot of northern Thai is more Indian or Chinese influenced and grew up around coconut not even being available. Some further south without a fresh supply use coconut oil though - get some of the flavour but it's way more transportable. Coconut oil is make like clarified butter or like how ghee is made, reduce until separated.
But here's an example of a northern curry with Burmese influence (who had influence from Indian curries). Note the tumeric, cardamom, tamarind, cassia etc and complete lack of coconut.

Northern thai pork curry

Main:
500g pork belly or ribs
12 red shallots, peeled
3T palm sugar
1/4 cup fish sauce
1/4 tamarind water
1-2 cups water
optional peanuts

Curry paste:
2T standard red curry paste (you could make it yourself from scratch but...) plus:
1tsp tumeric
1T coriander seeds, roasted and ground
2 tsp cumin seeds, roasted and ground
3 star anise, roasted and ground
2cm peice of cassia bark/cinnamon stick, roasted and ground
5 cloves, roasted and ground
2 cardamom pods roasted and ground
(note could replace all the above with powders at a pinch, but I never have)

Garlic and ginger paste
4 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp salt
2cm piece of ginger

Directions:
make the curry paste, make the garlic and ginger paste separate by grinding in a mortar and pestle, and set them both aside.
Blanch the pork twice, set aside to cool. Then dice.

Fry the garlic and ginger paste, add pork to mix and stir fry 1 min, then add the curry paste and stir fry 1min before adding shallots.
After everything has some colour and fragrance, add tamarind water, fish sauce, sugar and water (start with 1 cup, adding more if needed).

Simmer for one hour or until pork is tender. Adding optional peanuts to serve.

Original recipe has red curry paste made from scratch of course, and a whole heap of ginger and garlic in the 'main' section for late additions. But I like to spend less money in ingredients and also less time.

This recipe is a good thing.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Loutre posted:

14 here, 8 upper 6 lower. I had no pain, went in for my bi-weekly checkup and the doctor noticed the bone had disappeared around 3 of my lower ones. Spent 3 hours with local anesthetic at 9pm on a Sunday, surgeon took them out and moved them slightly. Not nearly as painful as the original implants, but the time reset blows.

That's strange. I've got my next biweekly on Wednesday, so I'll have my prosthodontist check (is that something my OMFS should look at? I'll ask). If anything needs done in the next few years it'll be taken care of as part of the initial payment (I have three years from the start of phase 1, so March of 2020), and from what I've been told most of the problems that will occur do happen in those first three years.

It's harder to find discussion on reconstruction than I'd like. I couldn't find a single A/T thread about it, and there aren't many forums. I only need a maxillary and partial mandibulary, but this is a huge, expensive, painful operation so I want to be sure that it goes well.

Out of curiousity, what overdenture style did you choose and why? I'm getting spark erosion removable fixed PFM prostheses, but I know there are a few other options too.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
I hate dark chocolate. The darker the chocolate the less I like it. I am a choco-racist. I prefer milk chocolate even though it's less pure and for babies.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I think chocolate and chilli is an idiotic combination and people who claim to like it are lying to themselves to feel like they belong.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
^^^^^ much like people who like overly hoppy beer or oppressively peaty scotch

ok fine, I'll stop being a jerk and post a content already

I could eat a tin of anchovies straight up, and sometimes think making caesar dressing is just my excuse to do that

I kind of like taco bell

I microwave sweet potatoes

Despite loving tons of other bitter liquors (jager, chartreuse, underberg, absinthe, etc) I don't understand vermouth, amaros, or fernet and my trendy friends who drink them and insist they like it are lying

totinos party pizzas aren't horrible for $1

I don't really 'get' chocolate

imo, bok choi sucks, and I try so hard to like it :(

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Oct 11, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

mindphlux posted:

Same. It's fine, I don't dislike it, it's just not this amazing life-changing thing that some people seem to think it is. I could take it or leave it. There are some foods that I'd be really disappointed if they suddenly vanished from the world somehow, but chocolate isn't one of them.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Tiggum posted:

Same. It's fine, I don't dislike it, it's just not this amazing life-changing thing that some people seem to think it is. I could take it or leave it. There are some foods that I'd be really disappointed if they suddenly vanished from the world somehow, but chocolate isn't one of them.

This but bacon.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

mindphlux posted:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
I hate green bell peppers, squash and bok choy.

I love swiss chard, long beans and any other kind of pepper.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

That's strange. I've got my next biweekly on Wednesday, so I'll have my prosthodontist check (is that something my OMFS should look at? I'll ask). If anything needs done in the next few years it'll be taken care of as part of the initial payment (I have three years from the start of phase 1, so March of 2020), and from what I've been told most of the problems that will occur do happen in those first three years.

It's harder to find discussion on reconstruction than I'd like. I couldn't find a single A/T thread about it, and there aren't many forums. I only need a maxillary and partial mandibulary, but this is a huge, expensive, painful operation so I want to be sure that it goes well.

Out of curiousity, what overdenture style did you choose and why? I'm getting spark erosion removable fixed PFM prostheses, but I know there are a few other options too.

What is this..

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 11, 2017

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Errant Gin Monks posted:

What is this..

It's hell if you love / think about food a lot is what it is. A hell where you seriously consider putting an entire cheeseburger in to a blender.

(I'm moving the derail to another thread next time I'm not on mobile)

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Loutre posted:

It's hell if you love / think about food a lot is what it is. A hell where you seriously consider putting an entire cheeseburger in to a blender.

(I'm moving the derail to another thread next time I'm not on mobile)

Condolences my dude. I hope you can eat again soon.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

mindphlux posted:

I microwave sweet potatoes

Despite loving tons of other bitter liquors (jager, chartreuse, underberg, absinthe, etc) I don't understand vermouth, amaros, or fernet and my trendy friends who drink them and insist they like it are lying

imo, bok choi sucks, and I try so hard to like it :(

I microwave potatoes too. Better than boiling them if you want to mash or par cook for roasting. Also corn. These two veg best cooked in the microwave.
I hate vermouth and I don't get chocolate - like I have it about 3-4 times a year and it's nice but I never feel the urge to go buy some.
bok choy is OK, I only buy it for a stir fry if I don't have cabbage and celery already. Makes sense buying a 80c bunch of bok choy over a whole head of cabbage and celery if you have nothing else planned to use up the rest of the cabbage and celery.

C-Euro posted:

This but bacon.
It's not a life changer and I don't lust to chuck it in everything. But I normally buy 1kg and split it up into 200g lots to keep in the freezer. That way if I'm out of ideas or ingredients I can quickly thaw it and make carbonara or tomato pasta. Or frittata, quiche, shakshuka, bean stew, or just a greasy breakfast with eggs. (E: although I have to make sure I also always have eggs, tomatoes and frozen spinach for most of these to work)

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 12, 2017

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mindphlux posted:

totinos party pizzas aren't horrible for $1

This is true, yes. Even on their own. But adding toppings makes it better. Something about that oily crispy dough.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Fo3 posted:

I microwave potatoes too. Better than boiling them if you want to mash or par cook for roasting. Also corn. These two veg best cooked in the microwave.

I don't think I've cooked corn in any way other than throwing it (husk on) directly on the embers of whatever I'm grilling in mayyyyybe 3 years?

cool tip I learnt at alinea, the husks of corn are actually the most amazing part - the vegetable is almost garbage by comparison. if you toast cornhusks/stalk/silk in an oven or over a grill until they're a little golden brown, and then steep them like a tea in boiled water and strain, they make the most amazing clear golden brown broth. add a little salt and sugar and it's like the corniest flavor you'll ever taste. so good.

Manuel Calavera posted:

(totinos) This is true, yes. Even on their own. But adding toppings makes it better. Something about that oily crispy dough.

my topping jam is the spiciest hot sauce I feel like tolerating. I settle on dis vvvvvv pretty often - has a nice salt/acid/sweet/spice balance for the grease, and isn't so hot I have to take a bite or two and pause or anything.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

mindphlux posted:

I don't think I've cooked corn in any way other than throwing it (husk on) directly on the embers of whatever I'm grilling in mayyyyybe 3 years?

cool tip I learnt at alinea, the husks of corn are actually the most amazing part - the vegetable is almost garbage by comparison. if you toast cornhusks/stalk/silk in an oven or over a grill until they're a little golden brown, and then steep them like a tea in boiled water and strain, they make the most amazing clear golden brown broth. add a little salt and sugar and it's like the corniest flavor you'll ever taste. so good.

I couldn't remember who on here I learned this from but I've used it several times professionally and it's always a hit. Also works for flavoring creme brulees 'cause that's a big thing in my town? Anyway good looks!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'll have to make some sort of soup and replace the stock with the corn stock instead. Not sure what just yet, but I'll try to remember to post about it when I do.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Rugikiki posted:

I couldn't remember who on here I learned this from but I've used it several times professionally and it's always a hit. Also works for flavoring creme brulees 'cause that's a big thing in my town? Anyway good looks!

oh hell yeah boy. #goonshelpinggoons

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'll have to make some sort of soup and replace the stock with the corn stock instead. Not sure what just yet, but I'll try to remember to post about it when I do.

thanksgiving is coming! I'll probably do a corn/acorn squash bisque or something (lol cornAcorn) with crunchy squash seeds and some chili powder, lil crema mayhaps. feeling inspired by the offal success.

the_chavi
Mar 2, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hate chocolate. Like, loathe it. The smell alone makes me retch - walking by a Godiva store will send me heaving to the bathroom for a half-hour. It's not an allergy that I can tell (based on reactions from when poo poo kids in my elementary school thought it was funny to sneak chocolate into my lunch and make me Linda Blair everywhere); I just utterly despise it.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Shooting Blanks posted:

I think it was grant achatz who served the corn broth basically by itself as a sort of consomé.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Fo3 posted:

Nah, I'm with you on some of those. Tomato sauce is necessary for sausage rolls or poo poo pies. I never have them on chips (prefer sweet chilli sauce - or just chicken salt, or salt and vinegar), and I don't eat hot dogs or nuggets.
But tomato sauce on sausage rolls or a cheap pie like 4n20 or sargents is the done thing.

Now I have just discovered that Brits call ketchup tomato sauce. This must be where China got the idea to also call it tomato sauce. China also heard about this thing called a "pizza" and one ingredient for pizza is tomato sauce, so you can guess where this is going.

I have solved a disgusting mystery this day.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Now I have just discovered that Brits call ketchup tomato sauce.
Australian, not British. (Unless it's both? I think it's just Australia)

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Tiggum posted:

Australian, not British. (Unless it's both? I think it's just Australia)

It's both.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/11820023/Heinz-tomato-sauce-no-longer-qualifies-as-ketchup-in-Israel.html
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3029891/this-is-the-surprising-reason-why-tomato-sauce-is-called-ketchup/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

the_chavi posted:

I hate chocolate. Like, loathe it. The smell alone makes me retch - walking by a Godiva store will send me heaving to the bathroom for a half-hour. It's not an allergy that I can tell (based on reactions from when poo poo kids in my elementary school thought it was funny to sneak chocolate into my lunch and make me Linda Blair everywhere); I just utterly despise it.

Sounds like me and onions. I've mostly gotten over it via immersion therapy but I still can't bite into a stray bit of raw onion without triggering my gag reflex.

• Locked thread