Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Ketchup and eggs. Ketchup and hash browns. Ketchup as the glaze for meatloaf. Ketchup is great. Sometimes I use an ~artisanal brand~ but sometimes I prefer Hunt's (never Kraft).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Loutre posted:

I think (pray) that medical reasons overrule culinary crimes. I've done a lot of things worthy of this thread in the last 2 months of not having working teeth.

Prime example: My lunch/dinner yesterday was literally just an entire pot of spinach dip, eaten with a spoon.

Two of my implants failed this week so I get to reset the counter back to 6~ months before real food again. I can't imagine what I'll be willing to eat by then.

At some point I blended up a pizza and sipped it. It... tasted like pizza. Kind of disconcerting. I couldn't get more than a few sips in.

I'm really hoping my implants don't fail. I've got 8. I've been scrupulously taking care of them. I've only been implanted for three weeks and a bit, so I have another three months of waiting until I get my abutments placed.

e: is it painful if they do? What's the MO there?

SymmetryrtemmyS fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 8, 2017

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Loutre posted:

14 here, 8 upper 6 lower. I had no pain, went in for my bi-weekly checkup and the doctor noticed the bone had disappeared around 3 of my lower ones. Spent 3 hours with local anesthetic at 9pm on a Sunday, surgeon took them out and moved them slightly. Not nearly as painful as the original implants, but the time reset blows.

That's strange. I've got my next biweekly on Wednesday, so I'll have my prosthodontist check (is that something my OMFS should look at? I'll ask). If anything needs done in the next few years it'll be taken care of as part of the initial payment (I have three years from the start of phase 1, so March of 2020), and from what I've been told most of the problems that will occur do happen in those first three years.

It's harder to find discussion on reconstruction than I'd like. I couldn't find a single A/T thread about it, and there aren't many forums. I only need a maxillary and partial mandibulary, but this is a huge, expensive, painful operation so I want to be sure that it goes well.

Out of curiousity, what overdenture style did you choose and why? I'm getting spark erosion removable fixed PFM prostheses, but I know there are a few other options too.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Fo3 posted:

I'm not cooking anymore.
I just opened a can of king oscar mackerel fillets in olive oil, poured all the oil over toast, and chucked on sliced tomato and pepper. It was an oily mess but needed to stretch out the flavour on 4 pieces of toast and not enough mackerel flesh to do that otherwise.
Next time though I'll try emulisfy the oil with some garlic, mustard and lemon juice (from the bottle these days naturally).
Can't be hosed cooking for one.

I save all of my 'dine oil and use it for vinaigrettes and mayo and stuff. A+, highly recommended.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

SnakeParty posted:

That's so loving pro

Does it impart a 'dine flavor?

Extremely. It's so good.

Bonus points: sauté dines in dine oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Back in high school before I knew how to cook, I would make microwave cakes sometimes. I forgot what I did to them to make them tolerable - an extra egg maybe? - but they weren't the absolute worst. Pretty bad, though.

I will absolutely eat a bowl of cereal for dinner if I'm completely knocked out from work. Yes, I have frozen tamales, bao, gyoza, and a bunch of other things, but they take longer than 30 seconds to prepare.

• Locked thread