Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Willie Tomg posted:

As long as you carmalize on high heat really quickly after the fact--like you would for a sous vide protein--microwaves are the best way to almost instantly cook chicken and shortribs perfectly every time.

how far are you microwaving the chicken before the sear? I want to try this solely out of curiosity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Quiet Feet posted:

I take a sip from the soy sauce bottle whenever I bring it out for any reason.

Same but fish sauce

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
I think (pray) that medical reasons overrule culinary crimes. I've done a lot of things worthy of this thread in the last 2 months of not having working teeth.

Prime example: My lunch/dinner yesterday was literally just an entire pot of spinach dip, eaten with a spoon.

Two of my implants failed this week so I get to reset the counter back to 6~ months before real food again. I can't imagine what I'll be willing to eat by then.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

At some point I blended up a pizza and sipped it. It... tasted like pizza. Kind of disconcerting. I couldn't get more than a few sips in.

I'm really hoping my implants don't fail. I've got 8. I've been scrupulously taking care of them. I've only been implanted for three weeks and a bit, so I have another three months of waiting until I get my abutments placed.

e: is it painful if they do? What's the MO there?

14 here, 8 upper 6 lower. I had no pain, went in for my bi-weekly checkup and the doctor noticed the bone had disappeared around 3 of my lower ones. Spent 3 hours with local anesthetic at 9pm on a Sunday, surgeon took them out and moved them slightly. Not nearly as painful as the original implants, but the time reset blows.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Errant Gin Monks posted:

What is this..

It's hell if you love / think about food a lot is what it is. A hell where you seriously consider putting an entire cheeseburger in to a blender.

(I'm moving the derail to another thread next time I'm not on mobile)

• Locked thread