Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

anyone who plays this cool game please add me on steam. One of my guys got captured and if you see him you can get him back for me http://steamcommunity.com/id/jerkops/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

gaem is here http://store.steampowered.com/app/268130/Heat_Signature/

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

The game is like Hotline Miami except in space with different guns and gadgets, teleporters and physics gimmicks. Also doesn't have cool music like Hotline Miami

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gunpoint was cool but ill have to bow out of playing this game until i have more than 4 gig of ram lmfao

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

gunpoint was good but short. in this game the levels are randomly generated and you can create new worlds to play in so I'm hoping for a little more replay value

I've noticed some serious fps issues in this game though. weird since it seems pretty simple graphics-wise

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i added you on steam, if you see my guy plz rescue him

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
On one hand I'm tired of procedurally generated level games, but on the other hand, Gunpoint is probably one of my favorite indie PC exclusives ever... hmmm

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

extremely steampunk posted:

I've noticed some serious fps issues in this game though. weird since it seems pretty simple graphics-wise

fps issues were fixed following this thread http://steamcommunity.com/app/268130/discussions/0/1496741765123664804/

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Lumpy the Cook posted:

On one hand I'm tired of procedurally generated level games, but on the other hand, Gunpoint is probably one of my favorite indie PC exclusives ever... hmmm

it feels a lot like gunpoint - it's not mechanically very similar, but you can definitely tell the same guy made it. i think you'll probably like it if you liked gunpoint

i was so-so about gunpoint and i'm so-so about this game. it has a lot of cool stuff going on, but it's also very repetitive in some ways (eg guard positions/behavior). i played six hours of it in two sessions so far, but i feel like I wasn't really enjoying most of it? compulsive more than enjoyable.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I'm having a lot of fun with it. Played a level where I somehow got blasted out into space via every window in a large ship - all 8 of them. Got back inside each time and eventually killed the target but it's funny how you can totally gently caress up your plan and still get a chance to recover

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Another level where I got caught and dragged to the airlock three times but I had hacked a turret in the room adjacent to the entrance... All part of the plan...

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

finished my first personal mission by waiting for four shielded guards to obliviously walk into a glitch trap, then blowing open a window because i didnt want to drag a rescuee back through the giant ship. its cool you can get through a ship with armored dudes without any armor piercing weapons, because i wasn't having any luck finding them

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Jenny Agutter posted:

finished my first personal mission by waiting for four shielded guards to obliviously walk into a glitch trap, then blowing open a window because i didnt want to drag a rescuee back through the giant ship. its cool you can get through a ship with armored dudes without any armor piercing weapons, because i wasn't having any luck finding them

The personal missions can be rough, I did one last night where guards and bosses all had armor and bosses also had shields and exploding vests. Not sure what I would have done without AP weapons - had a shotgun and sword

Throwing the guy you're rescuing/capturing through a window is pretty funny

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I loved gunpoint but a lot of that was from planning out my approach and solving the design of each level, and it seems like procedurally generated levels would lose that

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

game is good, space is good

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

extremely steampunk posted:

anyone who plays this cool game please add me on steam. One of my guys got captured and if you see him you can get him back for me http://steamcommunity.com/id/jerkops/

i did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its pretty fun

• Locked thread