Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i probably won't answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Can the city of Nokia take as much of a beating as the phones did?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Is it nicer than norway there?

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
Can you prove that Finland exists and is not, in fact, a fraud perpetuated by Russia and the Japanese?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What's your favorite Fingerpori comic?

What's your favorite Finnish comic in general?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
why do posters in the eastern european jpg thread say finns are bog people

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Is it populated by finns?
What do they look/act like?

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
How's it feel knowing that a generation of children around the world will have learned everything they retain about Finland from some weird guy that smashes stuff in a hydraulic press for Youtube views?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's it like being from a country that nobody ever thinks about?

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

super sweet best pal posted:

What's your favorite Fingerpori comic?

What's your favorite Finnish comic in general?

I thought Finland's only export was Moomin.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
What is Finland?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

well i guess id rather be in finland than india

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
are finns white? 🤔

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
The OP isn't being helpful at all so I'll answer a few of these

Jose posted:

why do posters in the eastern european jpg thread say finns are bog people

I didn't know they do this, but I find the "people" part questionable and offensive.

John_A_Tallon posted:

How's it feel knowing that a generation of children around the world will have learned everything they retain about Finland from some weird guy that smashes stuff in a hydraulic press for Youtube views?

Wait that guy's finnish? We also have a guy with the 'tism who reviews elevators on youtube.

yes

big time bisexual posted:

are finns white? 🤔

ok that's all I have time for now. It's almost 2pm and I haven't had a drink yet and the shakes are starting

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
hows the uh... the... how is...

how is finland?

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
How much bog time u get in daily?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Finns were made out of mud from the deepest and darkest bogs of Scandinavia as a last ditch effort by the elves who lived there to fight back against the mongol hordes.

Unfortunately all the elves were wiped out, but their mud soldiers survived and were absorbed into the mongol society. In time, the elves were completely forgotten and the mud soldiers began living as normal humans.

This is why the Finns invented the sauna. Unbeknownst to them, the steam and high heat of the sauna is a subconscious reminder of their creation process, as the elves employed magics closely related to the school of fire and smoke when they shaped the Finns out of the thick black mud of the Finnish soil

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Fartbox posted:

Finns were made out of mud from the deepest and darkest bogs of Scandinavia as a last ditch effort by the elves who lived there to fight back against the mongol hordes.

Unfortunately all the elves were wiped out, but their mud soldiers survived and were absorbed into the mongol society. In time, the elves were completely forgotten and the mud soldiers began living as normal humans.

This is why the Finns invented the sauna. Unbeknownst to them, the steam and high heat of the sauna is a subconscious reminder of their creation process, as the elves employed magics closely related to the school of fire and smoke when they shaped the Finns out of the thick black mud of the Finnish soil

The communal jo sessions also secretly recharge the crystals that animate them

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
Are all Finns as personable as Kimi Raikkonen?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fartbox posted:

ty for this explanation of the finns being bog "people"

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I'm sorry you're stuck in a country where you need to drink constantly because the alternative is being sober and in Finland, but your alcohol prices are all jacked up because people kill themselves in winter (probably because they realise they're in Finland).

Also are right wing racists still running your government?

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

op didnt actually say they are from finland

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

finland: are you from it?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

imandyyo posted:

Are all Finns as personable as Kimi Raikkonen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhwFpDZDMWo

revolther
May 27, 2008
Didn't finland practice eugenics till nearly the 80s? Do you feel incredibly lucky to be alive?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

revolther posted:

Didn't finland practice eugenics till nearly the 80s? Do you feel incredibly lucky to be alive?

the results speak for themselves

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

did finland ever implement universal basic income i'd love to be a lazy oval office and not have to work and get enough money to live comfortably

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Jose posted:

finland... live comfortably

:thunk:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i like cold weather and the dark and being an alcoholic

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skoll posted:

Can the city of Nokia take as much of a beating as the phones did?

Nokias were made not in Nokia but in Salo. You know like the movie?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Jose posted:

i like cold weather and the dark and being an alcoholic

You'd fit right in then. No risk of dying in a hurricane either, it'll be stab wounds, liver explosion or suicide.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

What's the deal with all the comics that says Finns are Mongols?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

beep-beep car is go posted:

It's better than the alternative of not being Mongols.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

What's the point of Finland?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

what race do you think Finns are?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Ein cooler Typ posted:

what race do you think Finns are?

That's easy. They're Finns.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

my facts may not be 100% correct on this, but I think they were originally made to try to piss off finnish web users on image boards, but finns adopted the idea with open arms and now the only people bothering to perpetuate the concept are finns themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Finnish is a nationality not a race

• Locked thread