Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
PPM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Jesus this is gonna be fun. On another note I didn't get PPM :( At least the game is full of fun smart people, I'm excited :D

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I got the worst character.

*steeples his fingers*

Define worst. Is your character bad in, say, a moral sense?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Poque posted:

i beat FF6 without ever equipping espers or armor and it was still a cakewalk

i also get laid constantly :smugdog:

How many times do I have to tell you poke LEAVE THE DOG ALONE.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

claiming vanilla town except the word isn't town is it nobody say the word but i sure am town if you know what i mean

Having rolled scum again, peramene comes up with an ingenious plot. She'll nervously post, believing that the hapless heroes will think she's only pretending to be nervous. The aviator sunglasses hiding her furtive, darting glances seal the deal.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

hello everybody except scum

flerp is more clever than peramene. Instead of falsely feigning nervousness, he calls out to the heroes, pretending that he doesn't associate with scum enough in the doc.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

Holy poo poo your mom moves fast.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

BottleKnight posted:

You agree with my perspective on the other case but yet still think I'm scum?

BK saying scum can't make good cases when that's basically their job.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

BottleKnight posted:

No, it's because the entire case on me is about taking an inoffensive stance on the pera case. So I parsed it as her agreeing with my take on the pera case, which would completely invalidate her reasoning to vote me.

oic

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Gotta say re-reading pera it looks like genuine confusion over her alignment due to CPig saying there are four alignments and her claimed flavor sounding really 3P.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

If you still stick to this story at end of day, would vote.

:agreed:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I made a game and he rolled SK. He claimed kill man.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Lurking is good scum play, isn't it ##vote Little Mac?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

A lurker call out less than 12 hours into the day? This is just ridiculous fake content padding. I would vote Tobbs

Nah. Not feeling most of the people actually posting and it's LM's MO.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Why Mac over, say, me? ##vote Tobbs

(I'm on break at class and then have work so don't expect much from me until tomorrow)

Cuz Mac posted after getting his role.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

Real talk I'm voting flerp because of his dumb 'let's kill a 3P because they're not town" opinion aka the easiest scum opinion in the world.

The likely fake daycop from Gulag is just a fun bonus.

Since it switched from flerp to KB, it's safe to say it's fake.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

peacing out doesn't mean afking and I'm still one of probably three people in this game that will literally read every post instead of bitching about how many there are

KB is coming off as aggressive. I don't trust Asiina. Kash is being weird but I don't think it's necessary scummy and also hey buddy, Obduction rules so far. TM is either scum or made a very bad play flavor claiming (I at least had to get over the hurdle of my flavor explicitly suggesting 3P alignment).

peace

Synopsis of Professor peramene's class: How to say nothing using lots of words 101

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
My experience with TM is that he plays better as scum. He's an easy D1 lynch because he's bad when he's not really trying.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GulagDolls posted:

tihs is "hedgey" [codex entry 'hedgey' unlocked] but ultimately settles on TM not necessarily being scum. the level 0 "mafia dadding" [codex entry "giant idiot" unlocked] is, um, erm, also NOT GOOD.

:agreed: WRT Xad. Making hard alignment calls can easily make you a target. Also elucidating the reason behind not posting makes him seem extra-aware that he's been lurking. Being very careful and making excuses are universal scumtells to me.

##vote Xad

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

##vote Tobbs because why not.

The extra m's clinch it. Genuine pondering from Max here. Gonna call it a town vote.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Flerp says peramene not town
Asiina says he is 3P hunting
Asiina knows peramene isn't scum
Asiina is scum
Q.E.D.

This is moderately dumb because peramene went on and on about being lone wolf etc. Basically peramene thought she might be secretly 3P because CPig said there were 4 alignments.

peramene posted:

you FUCKER.

My flavor very much makes me seem like I'm "out for myself" because that is what it LITERALLY MEANS so unless someone with ff6 knowledge wants to swing in and save me by naming my flavor and reassuring me that he counts as a loving hero I'm pissed

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

It was actually your use of the word "Elucidating" that bothered me.

You are a crazy person.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Because I'm right?

No just crazy. It's ok because clinically paranoid Max is usually town Max.

Unless you realize that and the paranoia is a facade...

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

to clarify, asiina's vote is bad. Flerp's is okay.

p sure that having the opinion "3P hunting is scummy" is not an indicator of alignment.

What are you even doing kash

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Xad posted:

Also sortof a meta question: why does it matter so much if you vote after voicing your opinion or not? I got grilled on this last goonmafia I was in, too. It's not like votes are hardlocked, you can literally change them whenever as long as it's before the deadline, so it's not like voting really does anything.

It's an easy way for someone to indicate where their opinions lie. Townies tend to vote more freely because they're in the dark and have no reason to hide their opinions. Scum have to be careful because if they flip, their voting record will be scrutinized.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Did you miss the giant ironicat in my post?

If (easy opinion is scummy) then (asiina's easy opinion is scummy)

Hard to see the irony when you're voting Asiina for voting flerp.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I am not a fan of Tobbs Gnaweds initial interaction where he ?Joke?? Claimed he didn't receive a pm and then the gm had to go in and correct him. The interaction just seemed very self preserving especially with the fact that he didn't EVER draw any more attention to it or even partially justify whether or not it was true. They just sat quietly and let it drift off into space. This combined with them not really doing MUCH at all leads me to believe they are probably scum. But as I have yet to indulge myself into the full game as an active member I will only be pointing the finger of suspicion at them. Let it be known Jimson did a thing this game.

PPM

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mithross posted:

Ask and you shall recieve

No no no we need secret crushes, friend and enemyships, and evidence of sexual tension both overt and covert.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mithross posted:

That's draft 2 and how do you know about that!?

Are you the noise I keep hearing from my closet?

The one under your bed, too.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

BottleKnight posted:

Is B- new? Because whenever anyone makes a big list post like that I find it completely fake, but if he's a newer player I can kind of understand it.

I think so.

(we're both dead in an open setup so I think this is ok)

He counterclaimed me, the town cop, in an open setup and flipped VT after we lynched him.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I'm loving trying here.

She's peramene not parsemene, so it's best not to try.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Why wouldn't I be? Give me one good reason to have not taken that serious?

Because after a billion posts you pick the one thing that was almost immediately resolved, and in the clearest manner.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Jesus this is gonna be fun. On another note I didn't get PPM :( At least the game is full of fun smart people, I'm excited :D

CapitalistPig posted:

I actually did send you one.

It's there in my sent folder and everything!

chaoslord posted:

PPM = Purple Praying Mantis

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh i thought it meant PM I get it now. lol

Can't believe I wasted 20 seconds of my life doing this.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Asiina's hostility and posting volume are within town parameters.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I woke up and I still don't understand wtf Jimson was on about yesterday.

There's a 30% chance that he hates me because he's in love with someone who hates me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I was going to say this. I want to see her bulldog people more to feel comfortable.

She went after me with her first game-related post. Seems fairly normal to me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

She is pretty quiet overall, and not posting cases

That's true. Worth considering her but she's low on the totem pole for me now.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Xad posted:

I did that cause I changed my mind and now the general consensus seems to be "nah he's just a salty townie," so I decided I'd look at who's still voting for TM after everyone seems to have agreed on that point. Which didn't really go anywhere, since the only two people still voting TM are someone I think is very town-y right now, and someone who hasn't said anything in a while.

I'm not that smart but I think that this is real bad.

The consensus changed so you went after people sticking with the original bandwagon? It's like your explanation is, "Well this mislynch isn't happening so let's go with what's popular now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Xad posted:

Because any time I say something without voting people yell at me. So I felt like if I said anything and DIDN'T vote I'd get called out for it. Nevermind, I guess.

##unvote

Also no, Max I've already said I think TM is just a salty townie, that's why I never ended up voting for them.

To me it seems like your primary concern is perception management, and you're only willing to case/vote people if it doesn't draw negative attention to yourself.

• Locked thread